The Blacklist with James Spader

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by The Panda, Sep 19, 2013.

1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Better then nothing
    Lol

2. sgb

sgb Senior Member

I'm done. New episodes of Fast 'n' Loud on the Velocity channel in the same time slot anyway.

3. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I begrudgingly finished season one, but could work up zero enthusiasm for this season.

4. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I don't mind the weak killer of the week plot. I mind when they do not advance the main story. Last week was frustrating and it sounds like this week is the same. I think I will just delete it from the DVR.

5. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Extremely weak episode this week. The worst part, was not only the weak villian, but the totally unbelievable part where the cure, for a virus that works in 9 hours, was made so readily available so quickly.

I know it is just TV, but they need to stop toying with us and get on with the real story, who is Lizzie to Red and why does he care so much about her.

Vidiot likes this.
  6. rjp

rjp Senior Member

which is exactly why the 10 -12 episode arc is becoming so popular. (true detective....the affair) the audience knows the end is coming, and makes it much easier to watch and to get into.

the writers know just how much time they have and they have to use it wisely. in a regular TV series it could go on for years, consequently how much do they want to tell and how fast do they tell it. hence the audience tends to get bored, viewership goes down, ratings fall, the show is cancelled, and everything is told in the final episode....whenever that may be.

tonyc likes this.
  7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Right...The idea that they were going to be able to save humanity with the antidote minutes after they found it was laughable. Actually, the assertion that the antidote was as effective as they made it out to be was laughable. In fact, the whole premise of the bad guys in this episode was laughable.

Vidiot likes this.
  8. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Bring back the husband.:laugh:

Vidiot likes this.
  9. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Been there, done that. :D

10. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

The fun is the journey, not the destination.

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Except when the journey becomes a cheat without any real resolution. You can only stave off providing the answers for so long before viewers get frustrated.

12. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Red: "My weakness is sausage & peppers."

That is why I still watch this show.

13. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

If it even gets to the final episode. Sometimes shows are canceled before the questions are ever answered.

This year the show goes off in November and returns in February on Thursday nights. It is obvious now that at most a few crumbs worth of information will be given away as a tease for the second half of the season. The real answers may be years away.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  14. The Wanderer

A very talky episode, not much of a lucid plot, yet Spader holds it together.

Like 'The Mentalist', who cares abour Red John, just fun to watch Jane.

Most shows I watch have plotlines which are best not thought about, scrutiny-test failures; just the characters in action, nothing more.

My resolution is going to bed.

15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

It's true: The whole "is the husband who he says he is" and then "husband is not who he says he is" arc was a lot more interesting that Red finding his daughter or Jesus Light finding some long lost plague which both infects mankind and is cured in 8 hours.

Vidiot likes this.
  16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

DOH! I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're wrong, but I fear you're right. I always think it's a big mistake to take a show off for 2 or 3 months, because they lose a lot of ratings momentum and it drives audiences crazy.

And don't forget that the husband is saying, "Red is not who he says he is!" So... who to believe?

17. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

While I hate the mid-season hiatus for shows, I'd rather have that than repeats. I actually think they break up the continuity of a serialized show more than the hiatus, and audiences have shown that they do come back for the back end if the quality is there, and the possibility of a meaningful payoff exists.

18. The Wanderer

Like The Mentalist

19. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Situations like the 3-month hiatus is another reason to bail from broadcast TV completely. Most series I end up watching after the season is over. This fall I've been watching shows from last fall that now have entire seasons available via streaming, that way I can watch them on my schedule.

20. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

I wonder if that change coincided with the writing getting uber predictable. I can practically make a drinking came of counting the wretched cliches in every episode. In my game, "with all due respect" counts double. But yeah, I do still watch it. That probably says more about me than it does the show.

I really want to like NCIS New Orleans but the writing is even more inane. I cannot even watch the trailers for NCIS Los Angeles.

Sorry, off topic. Mea culpa.

sgb likes this.
  21. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

To those of you who have requested a return of the husband (Tom), please no. His lack of acting skill made Lizzy's acting passable. I have never seen a show where the contrast between on lead actor and another is so dramatic.

The plots have gotten weaker and weaker. A serum developed and made available to all those exposed people, and available in less than the nine hours!

Once the mystery of Lizzie-Red is revealed, they is nothing left to keep any interest. Also, as good as Spader is, his character is getting tiresome to me as well.

At least Homeland hasn't disappointed me so far this season.

sgb and Deesky like this.
  22. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Outside of a decent first episode the rest of the new shows have been average at best...

I was expecting more this season...... Where's Alan Alda and his group at?? Always enjoyed his visits...

23. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Anyone notice that the LP of old-timey music that that old woman kept putting on in tonight's episode appears to actually be (from the label) McCartney's "Back to the Egg"?

24. rjp

rjp Senior Member

is there anyone in america that did not know what was behind that door?

25. The Wanderer

In a way, it's all about one topic.

I've given up on NCIS and never watched NCIS NO - however, (my mea culpa), I still enjoy NCIS LA, not for story but for distraction and not-quite cliched characters.

Atmospheric likes this.