Jason's premium vinyl record shopping service beta-test

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by shinedaddy, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinedaddy

shinedaddy Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hey all

As some of you may know I shop for vinyl all over the country as I travel for my real work, AND I also happen to live in the used vinyl capital of the world, so I get to see a lot of premium vinyl. Some I like for myself and I am sure a lot I let slide, some I buy and sell here if its a title I like or find interesting.

I also notice a lot of overgrading on records that I have bought online and I see a lot of records that are way overpriced relative to what I see everywhere else.

SO I am gonna try this experiment....I am going to a record show this weekend, a huge one, and I will be shopping all over Southern California for the next few weeks. Send me a list of what you want and what you are willing to pay and I will try to find it for you. It may in fact cost less than your max, I can leave the price sticker on it........

The advantage for you is you have someone shopping for you that knows the language a little, pressings etc.....and I am VERY picky about condition. Maybe you didn't know that Faces record is pretty common, or the Steely Dan records are everywhere. Maybe you're sick of a VG++ actually being a G-, or worse, when you get it. I promise you that wont happen with me. I will guarantee what I sell, no questions asked. I ALREADY DO!

So a list might look like this:

Faces - Long Player US green label $6 (MINT only)
    Dylan - any 360 Columbia label $15-$20
    Zep I - the ONE, US AT/GP $35 (VG+ Acceptable)
    Van Morrison - 1st 5 USA Lp - all orig labels - $25-$50 depending on title
    Black Sabbath - 1st 4 Vertigos $150-$175 (VG++ or better only)
    Isley Brothers - Get Into Something US $10

The advantage for me is that the more I buy from a seller the better deals I get and in a lot of cases there will be stuff I want from them too, ESPECIALLY at shows, plus you can barter better with a big stack.

If you send me a list it needs to be firm. can be a great and cheap way to fill in some holes......

The only difference to what I do now and this test is that I will be buying the titles YOU want instead of what I want, and I will know in advance....otherwise I have already been scouring the country for you guys, whether you knew it or not. Feel free to leave your lists below or PM me, and I can make a master.

I already have one list for the shows this weekend.

So if you're interested let me know....we will see how it goes

benzo, deniall, mikeyt and 2 others like this.
  2. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

Can you ship abroad?

:wave:

3. shinedaddy

of course, I have been doing it here for years!

4. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

Thanks, I will put a list together then. :)

:wave:

5. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

Great idea, I will send you a short list too.

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Ship me a broad, I likes redheads. :laugh:

7. Evan Guest

Evan Guest Forum Resident

Ha! You beat me to it. Staying abreast of myriad opportunities you are.

Myke and Tuna82 like this.
  8. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Probably fits better in Third Party. Moving....

9. deniall

deniall Well-Known Member

Love this idea.. Will have to get a list going.

10. DAGLJAM6

DAGLJAM6 Forum Resident

I'm in.

11. 1970

1970 Forum Resident

Dave Brubeck Quartet Gone With The Wind US Columbia 6-Eye $40 NM vinyl, cover can be VG+
    Doobie Bros. Toulouse Street US green Warner or WLP $40 NM
    Doobie Bros. Captain & Me US green Warner or WLP $50 NM
    Bob Dylan Highway 61 Revisited, any early US press, $40 NM
    Fairport Convention S/T (A&M SP 4185) US brown label Monarch press or WLP, $30 NM
    Fairport Convention Unhalfbricking US brown label Monarch press or WLP, $30 NM
    Fairport Convention Liege & Lief US brown label Monarch press or WLP, $30 NM
    Dan Fogelberg Home Free US Columbia with 'KC' prefix (not 'PC') $30 MINT vinyl, cover doesn't matter
    Peter Frampton Wind of Change US brown label Monarch press or WLP, $50 MINT vinyl, cover doesn't matter
    Humble Pie S/T US brown label Monarch press or WLP, $50 MINT vinyl, cover doesn't matter
    Humble Pie Rock On US brown label Monarch press or WLP, $50 MINT vinyl, cover can be VG+
    Iron Butterfly Metamorphosis US ATCO yellow label or WLP, $40 MINT vinyl, cover doesn't matter
    Steely Dan Can't Buy A Thrill US black ABC or WLP $50 MINT vinyl, cover doesn't matter

Thanks, Jason. I will list more as I think of them.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  12. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Perhaps it's assumed, but just to clarify, since I don't see it stated expressly: are you selling to forum members at their willing-to-pay price? Or are you selling at the price you pay, plus postage? I would assume the former, and you pocket the difference between the two prices as your fee. Correct?

13. shinedaddy

no. they state what they are willing to pay and I find it at that price or lower. they will pay actual sticker price. I am going to leave the sticker on it actually if there is one....there is no profit for me involved. my advantage is getting discounts on what I want from teh same seller at a show or store, hopefully.

thats it

mikeyt and Gabe Walters like this.
  14. 1970

1970 Forum Resident

Steely Dan Countdown to Ecstasy US ABC "Blocks" label $50 MINT
    Steely Dan Countdown to Ecstasy US ABC WLP $50 MINT
    Steely Dan Pretzel Logic US ABC WLP $50 MINT

15. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

OK cool,
    Jamiroquai - Funk Odyssey $60.00 mint
    Jamiroquai- Dynamite original us or uk (not record store day) $30.00 mint
    Celtic frost- Emperor's Return (noise copy) 40.00 mint

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  16. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Your a saint for offering this.

17. shinedaddy

I wouldnt go that far...I get something out of it too if the dealer has stuff I am buying also. lets see how it goes at the show this weekend. Im gonna make a master list for myself and see what I can find...but there are no guarantees of course

18. bcbassboy

bcbassboy Forum Resident

Lindsey Buckingham - Out of the Cradle. I'd be happy with a VG+ for $60 plus shipping to Canada. Probably a stretch but you never know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.