What's The Best Classical Movie Soundtrack Album...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by CrazyCatz, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyCatz

CrazyCatz Great shot kid. Don't get cocky! Thread Starter

Well Like the Title says...What is the Best One...probably none as a such...? Just asking because trying to track down some of My Favourites is a Mission to say the least!! I'm not a massive Classical fan, and indeed don't know OR couldn't tell you Who did what and when...But I know what I like...which is varied!!

Here is some of the Tracks I'm trying to locate...on a Various Artists Album would be GREAT, But highly unlikely...

One of my favorite scenes of the motion picture Shine. David just seems to be so happy on this trampoline.
    First song : Beethoven's 9th symphony D minor, op.125??
    Second song : Nulla In Mundo Pax Sincera?? NOT SURE WHICH IS THE MAIN TRACK?

Vide Cor Meum - From The Film Hannibal

Bonny Portmore - Loreena McKennitt

Marriage Of Figaro, The (Sull' Aria) - Berlin Opera/Karl Bohm(not Classical maybe? LOL!)

Anyways sure You get the Idea...so any suggestions for any Good Various Classical Albums would be GREAT!! not sure how many Classical Fans on here..?

2. belardd

belardd Senior Member

2001 A Space Odyssey

CrazyCatz likes this.
  3. Mark B.

Mark B. Forum Resident

I'm not sure if it counts as classical or not, but I've always loved Woody Allen's use of George Gershwin in "Manhattan".

And I guess it's cheating to say Mozart in "Amadeus".

For me, these were the first two that came to mind

CrazyCatz likes this.
  4. CrazyCatz

CrazyCatz Great shot kid. Don't get cocky! Thread Starter

I like both ^^^^^ Tis just finding a half decent collection on 1 Album to begin with...instead of buying whole CD for 1 Track...which is probably what I will end up doing...more Googling 1st...I know Classic Fm do a few of these Various Classical Movie Soundtrack Albums...just which is the best...?

Thanks for replies peeps

Edit: I also love that tune? Adagio for Strings? Platoon...

5. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

My first thought: the original Fantasia.
    [​IMG]

CrazyCatz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.