Collector's Choice % Off sales*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by dirtymac, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Y'all keep making me feel better and better about myself. One order and done. Not even tempted. A long, long way from the near-bankruptcy I brought on myself four years ago.

2. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

What state do they ship from?

3. PearlJamNoCode

PearlJamNoCode Forum Resident

The company itself is in IL but someone mentioned that some of their stuff is in a warehouse in KY.

4. Citroen

Citroen vinylholic

Louisville, KY

I can't believe they used FedEx to ship these to NZ, ordered Wednesday and arrived Monday. According to the FedEx site it would've cost me USD251.16 to ship the same parcel that fast!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    candyflip69 and mrjinks like this.
  5. PearlJamNoCode

Makes sense. The airport in Louisville (SDF) is the largest UPS hub in the world.

6. dustybooks

dustybooks rabbit advocate

I ordered on a Saturday, got the shipping notice on Wednesday, box reached my office on Friday.

PearlJamNoCode likes this.
  7. Citroen

Citroen vinylholic

Mine arrived in two mailers, with about 5 LPs including doubles in each one. These two have then been put in a larger box with some of that large plastic bubble wrap.

The outer cartons had suffered some damage but the inner boxes none whatsoever, so no damaged LP corners.

Couldn't be happier with the packaging, or the speed (between 5-7 days from US to NZ).

[​IMG]

Tjazz, hvbias and dustybooks like this.
  8. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

This CC Music is a pain in the **s. I was expecting the Beatles Mono Vinyl to be delivered today and it was. I was expecting UPS to leave it at the door as they usually do. Except, CC Music had signature required and never even mentioned it to me nor is it on their site. So now, I have to take off tomorrow for this because UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday's and my wife doesn't get home until 4:30 pm. And my UPS guy can deliver at 11:15 one day and 5:30 the next. I'm not dealing with CC Music anymore.

9. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Weird I just checked my order and what it shows on the site has shipped out is COMPLETELY different than what the shipping notification stated this morning.

Did anyone else have such a discrepancy between their order as shipped on the site vs their shipping notification email?

PearlJamNoCode likes this.
  10. PearlJamNoCode

Yep... I got a shipping notification, but on the website my shipment shows multiple copies of three of the albums I ordered. It was very strange. I emailed them and they confirmed that everything that was in the email was what shipped.

11. PearlJamNoCode

My order
    [​IMG]
    And what was listed under my shipment
    [​IMG]

12. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

You can create a free account at UPS.com and request to leave the package without a signature. I do this for all UPS packages shipped to me.

13. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

I put in a good sized order a few days ago. I could not resist getting a bunch of high priced reissues for much less than retail. Saved $170 from Acoustic Sounds/Amazon prices (yeah the order was pretty big...)

14. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

My order of Beatles Mono also arrived from CC Music yesterday via UPS - no sig required. And no problems with the order. :)

Maybe they require signature based on one's zip code or something (???).
    I put it in a large order and, after reading your post, decided to check "my account". It shows "partially shipped", but whereas the "top half" of my order page shows Beatles Mono shipped, on the bottom half it shows my deluxe "Venus & Mars" shipped. I don't think I'll worry too much, because...
    ... the six items I ordered cost $471.83 at ccmusic (incl $8.95 shipping). Those exact same six items would have cost $710.90 at amazon. That's $239 that I saved! :yikes:

But I would've got free shipping at amazon... :pineapple:

EDIT: Oh, and for those who care about such things, my defective original order of Beatles in mono (from Deep Discount) will be shipping back to the exact same address as the one my new set came from (from ccmusic). If anyone can explain the advantage to why all these companies (Deep Discount, Importcds & ccmusic) are actually the SAME company, I'd be interested (tho perhaps that's a story for another thread...).

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  15. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident Thread Starter

Ha! Exact same scenario here. Playing around with that shopping cart, throwing in and taking out. Somehow wishing that the sale would end before I drop another chunk of change! Some really silly cheap prices, though. Don't think I'd regret it in the long run, though. Would it be wrong to start buying Christmas presents for myself? Christmas 2015?

16. mesfen

mesfen Forum Resident

Lord, when will this sale end? I have to go cold turkey with this place.

17. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

I called Customer Service this morning to ask if I could add to my previous order. They said no, but they would wave the shipping on my additional items and if I had over $50 (I did), I'd get the promotion discount as well. The end result was essentially an add to my previous order. I got the Kinks Anthology & the Macca "New" deluxe set for about $3-4 more than the Kinks Anthology alone is going for an Amazon.

18. bobfrombob

bobfrombob Forum Resident

Placed a second order yesterday - in under the wire

19. HappyJack

HappyJack Forum Resident

It's still on! Just placed an order!
    Write down (paper or memory) everything you have in your cart and log out. Put everything back in your cart and you're ready to check out.

20. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident Thread Starter

:righton:

21. HappyJack

HappyJack Forum Resident

Judging from the promo code,"oct1425" i think the sale ends tonight at midnight-CST. Get your orders in.

22. Ron Jones

Ron Jones Happiness is a Warm Gun

It's still on, and yes I made one last desperation order to ensure I won't be able to pay my bills this month with the other previous orders I've made this month. I may not have electricity to play my records next month but I guess I can look at the covers and wonder.

23. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Hook a car battery up to a lamp so you can see them in the evening when you get bored. :p

24. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I have had a similar experience but ate ramen noodles rations to keep the power on.
    My salt levels went through the roof!!

Ron Jones likes this.
  25. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Same pizza order for 4 days here. ( 4 years ago )

Ron Jones and masterbucket like this.