THANKS to my many customers....900+ records shipped in less than 3 weeks

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by shinedaddy, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinedaddy

shinedaddy Forum Resident Thread Starter

To all my customers in the last 2-3 weeks, THANKS.....I was able to move 900+ records here in what I consider a very short time. I appreciate all of you, whether you bought 1 record or over $1000.

so after 900+ records sold, 350+ packages, $2000 in postage (!), 6 rolls of tape, 2 million different PM's, and a lot of lifting, I am done for a couple weeks.

Buying and selling a collection was fun but more work than I thought.....maybe I would do it again, maybe not. I kept a lot of great records, got to meet a lot of forum members, and had a great trip through middle America.

I hope you all enjoy your records. I am gonna TAKE A BREAK!

below, just one of several post office trips...this one was today, 2 full rows, over 100 packages sent!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  2. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

I must say that you offered some pretty spectacular LPs and I was quite jealous to see what some of our fellow members purchased. That being said I'm sure everyone will be 100% satisfied and thrilled with their purchases. Many here know how passionate and dedicated you are about your LPs so everyone knew you would treat your customers the way you would want to be treated. I'm glad it went well and I'm sure many will soon chime in about how happy they are with their acquisitions.

I know for sure that the USPS must be very happy to have you as their customer. :D

Congrats on your sale!

Mr. H likes this.
  3. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I think I stood behind the OP in line at the post office that day. :p

4. Michael Ries

Michael Ries Forum Resident

Shinedaddy - please keep buying collections and posting them on the forums at great prices:D Seriously though, that's a ton of work. I am too lazy to sell the 30 or so records piling up that I've been meaning to pass on, so I can't imagine dealing with the volume you did. Many thanks for the hard work and more than fair prices,

My only regret is I didn't catch some of your posts earlier and missed out on some great deals. Looking forward to the two that are coming my way!

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  5. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

Holy cow!

6. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Cheers to you shinedaddy! A brave and noble thing you done :righton:

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  7. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

That was an amazing sale, my god what a ton of work that must have been!

8. shinedaddy

it was more than I thought it would be, for sure. see pic above and multiply X5

9. jkauff

jkauff Senior Member

Congrats on a great sale (I love the two I bought, but missed out on several others). Also, thanks for not cutting corners on the packaging with so many orders to fill in such a short time.

10. rob303

rob303 Forum Resident

I am now scouring the classifieds daily for your posts!

11. shinedaddy

actually there will be another sale this month, I have too many doubles of titles. killer stuff too......but dont know when it will be. I am gathering up the Lp's as we speak, literally.

mike65! and Simon A like this.
  12. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

I think I see a package to me in the back of your car! It's in the middle stack, 14 boxes down.

Thanks for getting my records out so promptly. :)

13. ellingtonic

ellingtonic Forum Resident

I imagine PayPal loves you a lot right now!

14. shinedaddy

I thought I might post it here so a few of you would know if you check this thread but I am gonna have another big sale and it will be posted Sunday sometime....lots of incredible stuff that I had the hardest time letting go I loved it so much but now I am forced to for space reasons. These will be my very favorites from months of buying all over the country, my NM player copies, etc. Should be fun

mikeyt, aoxomoxoa, Simon A and 2 others like this.
  15. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Damn, I am still recovering from this last one. Which by the way, I am very pleased with the LPs I bought from you! I am listening to "Days Of Future Past" right now and it is true what I have been hearing about these UK pressings. All I can say is thanks!!

shinedaddy likes this.
  16. shinedaddy

just to clarify my next sale is gonna be sometime late sunday night......its gonna take a few hours to type so i dont know exact time. just letting the people who pm'ed me know......

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  17. DaleH

DaleH Forum Resident

My hat's off to you shinedaddy. I've never see such a spectacle of great deals before.:righton: I wish I had some scratch to partake in the festivities.:)

18. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Looks like I need to brew a pot of coffee tonight. By the way, do you mean late California time?

19. Parkertown

Parkertown Tawny Port

Thanks again, shine. Loving the Miles records. :love:

20. jkauff

jkauff Senior Member

I'll be up all night. Got my bank balance all fat and ready to go.

21. rob303

rob303 Forum Resident

Unless you're posting in the next 2 hrs, I hope some gems are left when I get up tomorrow!

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  22. Long Live Analog

Long Live Analog Forum Resident

Damn, I missed out

23. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Thanks for all the great records at great prices... I just notiecd the new thread.. I missed out on the UK Pink Floyd.. oh well .. I am sure i will get another chance again ...my wallet has to recover anyways!!:)

24. shinedaddy

I am always going to record stores and record shows all around the country, and in fact the world so I am always buying. That means I have a continual stack of stuff to sell, and as soon as it gets to a decent level I will have more sales. I usually dont post a whole collection though I will if I buy another, which I am open too. I wont be stopping anytime soon........but for now, a small break!

25. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Shinedaddy , one again thanks , I'm sitting here finally able to listen to more records tonite and I am listening to the AC/DC Back in Black RL promo (the wife is out right now haha). It sounds AWESOME , I never heard it like this before , I can hear everything !!!!! So "have a Drink on me" sir !! As they say in the LP !!! I am blown away !!!!! Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.