"Dallas" remake is in the works, talent cast...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Texastoyz, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

This year they did eight episodes in the spring and seven in late summer.

2. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

3. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

This really sucks. Thanks for cutting the season into two parts. Sure that helped the ratings huh?? :rolleyes:

4. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Is there another part to Dallas in the Spring? I thought the last series of shows, the few that they had, was the end of the show. It does suck that they canned it.

5. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

The problem wasn't the split season, it was the night that it aired. Monday was an awful timeslot and TNT absolutely should have changed it for the second half of the season....once I saw the show was staying on Mondays, I knew it was toast.

Should have been on Friday or Saturday nights.

And as for it coming back on another network, forget about it...trying to sell "Dallas" without JR is like trying to sell "Superman" without Superman.

6. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

My mom was watching some kitchen show the day of the last episode. Jesse Metcalfe(Christopher Ewing) was on and they were asking him questions about the show. Naturally, since it aired the day of the final episode, he couldn't divulge what was going to happen. All he said was the "cast" was already working on new episodes. Two weeks later.....TNT dropped the damn axe on the show.

The day it was on may have played a part, but lets face it - splitting things like they did and the length between episodes sure didn't help either. The time period between seasons was quite long and I'm sure many either gave up or forgot about the show. So....another show with the ending up in the air with mystery.....

7. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I wonder if the same thing will happen to Twin Peaks... though it'll be on Showtime and I'm sure they'll have a great time spot for it. Oh well, I enjoyed it while it lasted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.