Nashville - new ABC drama

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by agentalbert, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

What have they done with the editing? It's so choppy with no flow whatsoever. Absolutely abysmal! I'm sure this show used to be quite enjoyable...

2. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Last week was kind of choppy. Also not good when they cut from city to city the first two minutes because the cast is out on tour.

However, I thought I was about done with "Nashville" last season yet I have found myself interested in the new twists and turns.

3. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

My gf is crying as this show was just officially cancelled. Took me four seasons but I was kind of getting into it.

4. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

Oh... I had a feeling it might be, but I've been enjoying recent episodes. Ah well.

5. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I quit watching several seasons ago. Same old rehashed story line; I got bored.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  6. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

I'm bummed out that it got canceled.

Chip Esten was my favorite on the show.

I liked Hayden Panettiere and Lennon & Maisy as well.

7. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Is JD Souther still on this?

8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Dang, not good news, I like this show, it's continued to be a hoot of a drama for drama's sake entertaining show.

9. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

10. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

I will miss it if they are not successful in finding another network to pick it up

11. audiomixer

Another network won't pick it up...guaranteed. It's over...

MikaelaArsenault and Lownote30 like this.
  12. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Saw a story saying they were looking into that anyway

13. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

I live in Nashville, and I am absolutely ELATED that this show has been canceled. Maybe it will slow down the idiot people who come here and think they can get famous over night, and maybe they'll stop building condos everywhere. Maybe I won't get priced out of the county I work in. This place has become a nightmare since that show started. Adios to it!

14. audiomixer

Plus, it became a bad show. It was interesting in the beginning seasons, but slowly followed a formulaic pattern that spoiled it for me.

15. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

We loved here, as it the last drama, we were watching from the big 4 networks. The writing this season, was horrible. The "Maddy" storyline was excruciating, especially with an actress that has two ranges-cute and petulant. The music was amazing and so much better than what you hear on our country station across the hall. If it does come back, I hope it ditches the emancipation storyline, the now they are, now they aren't thing with Scarlett and Gunnar, and find something else for the fabulous Chip Esten something to do, besides emote.

MikaelaArsenault and Alan G. like this.
  16. Alan G.

Alan G. Forum Resident

Well, it's over. Turned Soap Opera-ish, for sure. They tried to tie everything up in a bow, but did we actually see what we thought we saw? Or did they leave it open ended?

17. modrevolve

It took four seasons for me to really like this show and Im disappointed to see it go.

I read that they taped two endings and went with the one they aired because they assume the show will be picked up for a fifth season elsewhere.

18. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

Well, that was a **** ending. Why leave something hanging like that unless you expect another network to pick up the show.

19. audiomixer

It won't get picked up.

20. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

Probably too expensive a show to put on for the mediocre ratings. Too bad because I enjoyed it. It was mindless and I hate today's country music but it was still entertaining.

21. modrevolve

MikaelaArsenault and bababooey like this.
  22. Alcoholic

Alcoholic Forum Resident

:laugh:

MikaelaArsenault and tonyc like this.
  23. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Good news.

24. audiomixer

I give it one more season. They won't have the financial support of ABC Productions, so we'll how far it goes. As I said, I gave up on this show 2 seasons ago when all they could seem to muster was rehashing the same old story line over and over.

25. audiomixer

It used to be, yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.