Finally! Iron Maiden BLACK VINYL reissues coming in September... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff Thread Starter

2. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

Just got Piece of Mind in stock - man they are cranking these out fast!

3. SeventhGun

SeventhGun Forum Resident

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It has the booklet :)

4. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

Awesome! :D

5. SeventhGun

Opeth likes this.
  6. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

Mayby part2 ? :D
    I'm sure they got a lot of mail and now they trying to explain themselves.

7. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

I have what I think is a killer pressing of killers. It's Australian, it's a maxi-cut. Anyone familiar with maxi- cut pressings?

8. SeventhGun

Just marketing, I think. Videos like these make people buy the product if they are undecided. Still a nice idea.

9. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Somebody please, please pretty please post your sound reviews of the latest batch of releases!:)

10. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

I am going to have to get LAD just for the Booklet, Madness I know but I lost my Booklet years ago !!

11. MikeyP

MikeyP Forum Resident

How do you other US guys have copies already? I preordered and it doesn't ship for 3 more days.

12. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

They hit the store shelves last week here in Montreal, our local HMV had them already. Funny I don't recall seeing Powerslave come to think of it, but they did have LAD and POM.

13. wkcchampion

wkcchampion Well-Known Member

Ohhhh yeah! Mine should ship today or on Monday!

14. SeventhGun

Still don't believe they were the black ones.

Listening to Piece of Mind right now: Definitely not nearly as "dark" as Number of the Beast. I didn't add any extra treble and it sounds just fine. Very quiet, no warping. Artwork reproduction is the worst of these three (compared all of them with the originals), but still okay. The backside and inner design is very nicely done. Powerslave has practically the same detail as the original, just a different colour toning.

15. Vinyl Fan 1973

Actually as I follow up to this, I spoke with an employee of HMV and she confirmed that POM was put out by accident, it remained for a day and then taken off the shelves. They are back now as they officially came out Tuesaday. They also have LAD but no Powerslave.

16. SeventhGun

Haha okay :) I stand corrected.. interesting.

17. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

Hugh Gilmour did say in the video that original production-artwork didn't exist for all of them. So he used the scanner :D

18. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Wow. These are some of the most iconic covers (for me anyway) of the eighties. It blows my mind that the original artwork doesn't exist anymore.

The Hud likes this.
  19. MikeyP

MikeyP Forum Resident

Yes, but those are Euro releases, which had a street date that was 2 weeks prior to US stores.
    Any US residents care to speak up on this? I'm confused on how other US listeners would have copies prior to those of us who pre-ordered.

20. SeventhGun

The inner sleeve reproduction of Powerslave is quite blurry, whereas the Live After Death booklet is surprisingly sharp. All the labels are very well done and sharp.

Listening to Powerslave now, also not "dark", no need to add extra treble :)

21. Vinyl Fan 1973

You would think so, but HMV sells a lot of EU pressings and they respect the Canadian release dates, I've never seen things released early.

MikeyP likes this.
  22. Vinyl Fan 1973

awww man, I can't wait to pick this up. I hope it's better than my original Canadian copy.

23. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Nice and looks very much as it should be compared to my own original pressing.

24. MikeyP

MikeyP Forum Resident

What's HMV, Hastings? In regards to previous comments by US resident about skips on "Innocent Excile" it would be relevant to post what country of manufacture the record came from.

25. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

They named the first video (ARTWORK). I'm glad! I think we actually going to find out how they cut these in the next clip or so. Don't look surprised when they tell you they are flat-transfered from the old dusty mastertapes they dug up somewhere. With picture-proof and all :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.