Walking Dead on AMC (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimC

JimC Senior Member

I thought he was crying because of his alcoholism -- but you could be right. Never thought of that.

I knew that the group should have waited and wiped out everyone from Terminus.

2. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Rick seemed to have learned from his mistake with letting The Governor live, yet the rest of the group still put a stop to his idea of finishing off the Termites. Really stupid, and really poor writing, to be honest.

GentleSenator likes this.
  3. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

It's not poor writing, it's plot advancement. The left overs from Terminus are going to be a major source of irritation for them this season. They'll probably end up having to attack the compound that has Beth while being harassed by the Termites.

Chad

4. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Okay well, the characters repeatedly making the same mistakes is pretty piss poor "plot advancement" if you ask me.

5. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

So there's two & a half actors from The Wire on this show now?

6. Sully

Sully Forum Resident

I was wondering about this. I'm not sure why the makers of the Walking Dead decided to start punishing it's viewers. There are so many ways they could have filmed these scenes but I was quite surprised that right in the midst of terrorists posting videos various beheadings, they thought it was a good move to depict throat slashing in closeup. I must confess I have not seen episode 2 yet (I will, still love the show) but if the descriptions of what happens to Bob are accurate, the Walking Dead seems to be moving into Geek Show territory. Geek Shows were those carnival side shows where a man would bite the head off a live chicken.

What was that saying from Roger Ebert, I'm paraphrasing here but something along the lines of Geek Shows are no fun. They are no fun for the audience, they are no fun for the man who bites the head off a chicken, and they are certainly ain't no fun for that chicken!

7. Well these were written and shot before but hey. You could watch ripped from the headlines Law and Order. There is no running from reality. Walking Dead The Strain could also be Ebola .

JimC and Michael like this.
  8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

Ebola! a very scary situation here! damn....we can now see how it could happen.

9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

uh, no.

10. Michael

uh, yea...every plague starts with one infected person...

11. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

I agree, though we had a thread down the ebola path that got shutdown. Probably best not to tread that direction again.

Michael likes this.
  12. Michael

agreed...I missed that thread?

13. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

Could be. Typical, like most that get shutdown in that it started out ok with good points being made. But spiraled out of control from a Gort POV so they had to close it down.

14. My point was that so much fiction (almost all) is based on some sort of reality.

JimC and Hawkeye like this.
  15. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

Which can make certain shows even scarier.

Mazzy likes this.
  16. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

They've been cutting off heads on this show for four years.

nbakid2000 and Mazzy like this.
  17. Michael

Thanks for the explanation!

Hawkeye likes this.
  18. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

I have to admit I find it hard to understand people getting upset at Gareth and others eating a leg, when the whole show is premised upon some pretty extreme violence.

Hawklord, subzro and Gumboo like this.
  19. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

Wow. You made it through the beheading but the out of focus leg eating is going to make you stop watching?

subzro likes this.
  20. audioguy3107

audioguy3107 Forum Resident

Cannibalism will do that to ya :). Poor Bob!

21. Hagstrom

I don't understand it at all. I think the first episode this season had the most horrible imagery - the decapitation of the prisoners by the cannibal terrorists. We got to see their heads smashed with bats and their necks slit open with knives. To make it even worse, we see their blood gushing out into the drain.

I can't be the only person who thinks that scene echoes real life. That scene was the most horrific in the series.

22. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

We've been seeing people get their heads bashed to pieces in various ways since the beginning of the series.

Is it different now just because the victims aren't dressed as zombies?

JimC likes this.
  23. Hagstrom

Yep.

DreadPikathulhu likes this.
  24. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Yes. Yes it is.

25. Not that I'm a fan of on-screen gore but I think the point of all this is to illustrate that the living is no better than the dead (I think Rick said as much). It parallels a theme of the Romero Dead trilogy which, over the course of the three films, the zombies became more living human-like, and the living humans became more zombie-like.

JimC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.