Venus & Mars Deluxe McCartney Archive

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Arnold Grove, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I got to say what they charge for these things I wish they'd include more bonus tracks.

2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member Thread Starter

Since we're just starting Part 5 here: Can a Gort please add "Speed Of Sound" to the thread title. Both V&M and Speed of Sound are being discussed equally in this thread, as they are both being released simultaneously in early November.

Thanks, Arnie

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    supermd, anthontherun, RAJ717 and 6 others like this.
  3. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

@leeroy jenkins said....

I agree that there is plenty more that they could potentially use, but I think they are trying to stick to only the most significant pieces. I like alternate mixes too, and the Junior's Farm one is neat because it sounds raw and live. That said, I find the tracklistings for all the Archive sets to be well designed, if not a bit skimpy. RAM could have included some backing tracks, and maybe some more mixes of A Love For You. BOTR could have been packed with more One Hand Clapping material. McCartney should have some unheard mixes/versions of songs. McCartney II was damn well near perfect, although if we can nitpick, the live Coming Up from Glasgow was a very different mix from the single, so in iTunes I still have both.

of course, I'm only referring to material that we already know of.

4. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

Won't be long now...

5. djej

djej Forum Resident

AKA Coming Soon

theMess likes this.
  6. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Yes, please add Speed Of Sound to the thread title unless there's a separate thread for that album reissue. :)

botley likes this.
  7. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

When the reissue plan was announced, I sold my '93 remasters. Needless to say, I didn't think it would take this long to get these out. Really looking forward to these two especially V&M.

8. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

I started a properly-titled thread about these sets -- pre-dating this thread -- which got mysteriously shut down, and was never heard from again .... :shake:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...s-mars-and-speed-of-sound-coming-soon.319079/

theMess likes this.
  9. Arnold Grove

This is a big mystery. Why can't "Speed Of Sound" be added to the thread title? I thought that the Steve Hoffman Forums were set up as a system where people who just want to make a change in a thread title don't have to go on their knees in somebody's office, probably yours... .

;) Arnie

Jimbo62, supermd, Jerry Horne and 4 others like this.
  10. viejolitico

viejolitico Forum Resident

Arnie: Don't worry too much, I think that the title change is...
    ...Coming Soon.

theMess and Arnold Grove like this.
  11. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

A good friend of mine follows the stars.........

footlooseman and theMess like this.
  12. Arnold Grove

So is that "Coming Soon" as Paul uses the term (meaning by say the year 2025); or like the rest of us in real life?

;) Arnie

theMess likes this.
  13. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

This is why I stopped by the super uber deluxe versions. I buy the cheaper 2 CD alternative. At least that is how I am doing the Zeppelin discs. For this round of Macca's I am buying only the vinyl.

14. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Don't know if this has been previously posted, but the new 'coming soon' card lists "T.O.W" and "P.O.P". These sound wonderful btw.

15. brettb33

brettb33 Forum Resident

I expect a response from Arnold shortly, once he's done hyperventilating.

16. Batears52

Batears52 Senior Member

That's all?

I wish they would finish the 70s.

17. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

[​IMG]

gonna need these for Arnie

18. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I really think that he is making a mistake by skipping London Town, Wild Life, Red Rose Speedway and Back To The Egg. When will they ever be released now?

19. Batears52

Batears52 Senior Member

In about 10 years at this rate.....

theMess likes this.
  20. winojunko76

winojunko76 Forum Resident

How do you know this? Just curious :)

21. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I think someone mentioned recently that they're back on Spotify, which means they're back in print. Everything was taken out of print in anticipation of the Archive series. Sadly, these being back in print doesn't seem to bode well.

22. Batears52

Batears52 Senior Member

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but it appears that Best Buy will have limited, exclusive editions of these with bonus 45s:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/venus-a...9277003&st=paul mccartney and wings&lp=3&cp=2

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wings-a...9277021&st=paul mccartney and wings&lp=1&cp=1

Not sure if this will entice me - I have original promo singles of both songs. Plus Best Buy is about $3 more on these. Wal-Mart is matching the current price on Amazon. (I prefer to buy these at retail so I can pick thru the stock & check the condition of the packaging!

Which titles has Best Buy done exclusives on so far? BOTR...WOA...any others?

RubenH and theMess like this.
  23. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Maybe he's already at ER

cueing up Joe Cocker:

http://coub.com/view/2jnkr

24. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Finally we hear about this important matter
    Are the coming-soon Cards of the same design as before
    Rectangular?
    Round?
    Gold -plated?
    Smelly?
    Three-dimensional?
    Need to know these things now

25. Arnold Grove

I need to have proof first!! Until there are photos, I will enjoy my Saturday morning.

But just in case someone does upload an image of any new Coming Soon card, I have reserved a special room at the psychiatric ward of my local hospital.

;) Arnie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.