CSI Season 15 shortened

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Atmospheric, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident Thread Starter

OldSoul likes this.
  2. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

well thats not too bad ! it could be worse !

3. Atmospheric

Not the end of the world for sure. I wonder if it has anything to do with George Eads (Nick Stokes) being shown the door after arguing with an 8-months pregnant writer. He's not totally gone, but he was put on unpaid leave for a few episodes.

I remember years ago, he and Jorja Fox threatened to leave unless they were paid more on par with William Petersen and Marg Helgenberg. I recall that tactic blowing up in their faces. Something tells me that GE might not be the easiest person to work with.

4. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Sunday night at 10PM is the CBS dumping ground, no surprise here...

driverdrummer likes this.
  5. music4life

music4life Senior Member

What happened with that Spin off with Patricia Arquette that was featured at the end of last season?

6. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

It should of went about 7 years ago.
    This problem CBS they can't let go of anything.
    They should canceled CSI Vegas and kept New York for couple more seasons.
    And people complained about the X-files:sigh:

7. Mirrorblade.1

I hope it never see's the light of day CSI Cypher.
    CBS getting flack for NCIS New Orleans from tv entertainment reporters.
    I think Cyber is and was a pipe dream.

8. music4life

music4life Senior Member

Looks like it will start at the beginning of next year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSI:_Cyber

9. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

It's not the first time Eads has caused trouble, is it? Problem is, he's a towering talent compared to just about evryone else on the show except for Danson and Shue. Much as I like them, it's more than outstayed its welcome - and I say this as someone who really liked most of the first four or five seasons. Not surprising Peterson never returned...

Atmospheric likes this.
  10. sgb

sgb Senior Member

CSI New Orleans never should have happened, IMO.

We've trimmed our CBS watching to Person of Interest and Elementary here at the house.

11. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

The show should've ended when William Peterson left, that's when it ended for me anyway...

rockclassics and sgb like this.
  12. sgb

sgb Senior Member

Never cared much for Danson. Maybe it was his character on Cheers that did it for me.

13. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Eads is good and I like the fact that they found $50 in the budget to give Jorja Fox some makeup to play with this season. Makes a big difference.

I watched the CSI Vegas Cyber Crime episode this week. Just as it started I said to my other half "We're gonna see a lot of BS tech stuff and lots of whizzy graphics of 'data going through a PC and network' I bet!"

It did not disappoint. I was face palming through most of it. Terrible and predictable.

I can imagine you'll see a lot of the following -

"He's masked his IP address!!"

"He's wiped his HDD...but I can get the data back!"

"The file is badly corrupted but I can magically put back what isn't there!"

And our old fave -

"If I take this group of 6 pixels I can extrapolate that to a 20MP image of what happend!"

Plus all the awful 'tech graphics' they are going to go to town over.

Not gonna be good.

I really like the cast of Vegas but it is time to put it away.

JFS3 and Atmospheric like this.
  14. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

Unless they find a way to ... Naw, it has run its course. I believe I have watch virtually all episodes , but the past two seasons had few very good ones.

15. The Spaceman

The Spaceman Forum Resident

At least they didn't pick an overrated and overplayed and terrible "Who's Next" or "Who Are You" song this time

16. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

And yet, "The Good Wife" is entertaining and if your Mom let you stay up after Midnight, you might even watch "The Mentalist".

17. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

The NCIS and CSI franchises wore out their welcomes years ago. They both really need to go.

driverdrummer and Karnak like this.
  18. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

Typical CSI ending: the obvious suspect is never the killer while the least likely non suspect usually is and explained by some head scratching twist in the end.

19. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

The only time a series "needs to go" is when it ceases to be profitable to the network. That is the sole reason they exist after all.

robertawillisjr likes this.
  20. Atmospheric

This series is losing me big time. I don't care for the way George Eads (Nick Stokes) is being written out. Yeah, George is probably hard to get along with at times. He's arguably one of the the actors left on the show (Shue and Dansen are also good). The whole vibe surrounding his departure feels like a PC feminist agenda run amok.

Also, the dialog last night was so trite and cliched. Embarrassing really. The trailers for the new CSI Cyber seem every bit as hackneyed. Compared to the other fairly top notch writing on other CBS shows like The Good Wife, Madam Secretary, Person Of Interest and Elementary... well I'm perplexed as to how the writing for CSI (and also NCIS) can be so wretched.

21. sgb

sgb Senior Member

I stopped watching CSI when Danson was put on the show; I don't really care for his acting inabilities. The whole CSI franchise looks like it's going to hell; never cared for that Tony character on NCIS either. That New Orleans version stinks, too. The new Cyber show looks like it's a last ditch effort to keep the boobs' tubes tuned to CBS. That's all.

Atmospheric likes this.
  22. Mirrorblade.1

Series Finale was big let down, I seen was going to be main villain..
    in the story. In all it was a wasted effort , on show that went on way to long.
    It should been given the boot , once Fishburn left.

23. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

I haven't watched much of the mothership CSI in the past two years or so. One or two episodes here and there, but the 10 PM (ET) slot is tough for us. But I did make the effort to watch the finale - and I personally found it satisfying to see some former regulars on the show again. What happened to Elizabeth Shue's character? She was among the missing in that finale.

Harry

24. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Has any other series come back for one new episode to do it's series finale? Also Ted Danson is moving to CSI: Cyber with the new season starting October 4th.

25. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

The first hour had me happy and on the edge of my seat. All the players were in place and the tension was high. Then the air farted out of the baloon. Then the final shot of Grissom and Sarah sailing off into the sunset....:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.