Rogue Audio Customer Service

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Drew769, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew769

Drew769 Buyer of s*** I never knew I lacked Thread Starter

I have to give a huge kudos to the Mark O'Brien, Nick and the great folks at Rogue Audio. I'm a happy customer with a Stereo 90 Super Magnum Amp, and a Perseus Magnum Pre-amp. I had some issues related to a tube going rogue on me (couldn't resist) the other night in the ST90, which damaged some internals and required some more advanced troubleshooting. Their business in Brodheadsville, PA is within driving distance for me, so I contacted them to bring in my unit for service.

I fully expected to just drop it off, but they instead put the thing right on the work bench, opened it up, fixed a couple of small things, checked the tubes (we found the culprit), closed everything up, and sent me along my way with a fixed amp. How great is that? Keep in mind that my amp is over 6 years old - it is not new or under warranty or anything like that.

I also got to chat quite a bit with Mark O'Brien, which is always fun.

Said it before, but I love buying products from the people in this hobby - the Vandersteens, Rogues, VPIs of the world.

33na3rd, cwsiggy, K. Jones and 4 others like this.
  2. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

That's SERVICE :righton:

3. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

That's great to hear.

I called them up once to chat about tube-rolling my Cronus. Mark answered, was very helpful and helped me pick just the right tube.

4. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

I don't own any Rogue gear myself, but if I ever found myself needing something down the line, I'm pretty convinced that they are an obvious choice, based on what several people have told me from personal experience. Always nice to hear stories like this.

ellingtonic likes this.
  5. Long Live Analog

Long Live Analog Forum Resident

A happy customer is a satisfied customer. It's a pleasure to hear about companies and employees going the extra mile to take care of their customers....

6. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

If I'm able, I'd like to buy one final integrated for the 2-ch system.

Even before this story, Rogue was/is on my short list.

7. DonnyMe

DonnyMe Forum Resident

That is how you retain customers and establish loyalty! Service like that is good for the customer as well as the company. Service testimonies also attract potential buyers. Win, win. Kudos to Rogue Audio!

Static Discharge likes this.
  8. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

I think a Cronus integrated is in my future...

SandAndGlass and dirtymac like this.
  9. When I read the thread title I thought the thread was about white van type guys offering sketchy audio system tune-ups!

10. Nate

Nate Forum Resident

Excellent company and excellent service - from personal experience.

Happily, it's worth noting that there are many excellent companies to deal with. I've had stellar. Experience with the following- Bryston, Pass, Wyred4sound.

These 4 companies for me went above and beyond- (my Bryston experience is many years ago but I hear they are still first rate)

11. jcmusic

jcmusic Forum Resident

Mark and Nick run a first class operation at Rogue, I have been a very happy customer for quite a few years now. When you call they answer and always have time to talk with you. I sent my Magnum 99 pre in for and upgrade that Rogue doesn't even offer and Mark made it happen. Also upon returning my pre the cover was damaged in shipping, I call Mark told him he sent me a brand new one at no charge!!! THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

DonnyMe likes this.
  12. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Well-Known Member

This is probably one of the most amazing companies to deal with. The people from the president down are fantastic. The quality and service after having an Ares in my system has been nothing but top of the line. It's these attributes that are going to lead me buying some amplifiers that I've been eyeballing in their line.

I really can't say enough good things about Rogue.

13. Jack Flannery

Jack Flannery Forum Resident

Wup. They are great.

14. ls35a

ls35a Forum Resident

Great guys - great customer service.

Which tube was it gave you the problems - a driver or pre-driver? Was it really old (or really new?)

15. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

I've been VERY happy with my Cronus Magnum for around three years now, I've rolled in other gear and cables but the Cronus is stable.

Has to be one the best values in Audio, I will move up a rung or two in the Rogue lineup one day, but for now, I'm in no hurry.

cwsiggy likes this.
  16. Gumboo

Gumboo Forum Resident

Purchased a Rogue Sphinx about 2 weeks ago. I'm loving it. Phono in, made in USA, great reviews, price, and tales of great customer service are among the deciding reasons for my purchase.

17. Jack Flannery

Jack Flannery Forum Resident

I was listening to a Sphinx the other day with some midrange KEH speakers and an old Carver CD player and a low end ProJect turntable. It all added up to around $3k. Sounded damn nice. I really like my Cronos Mag.

18. zeppage2

zeppage2 Forum Resident

Another vote here for the affability of the crew there and the outstanding gear they produce. Stereo 90 and Atlas Magnum here.

19. Gregory Earl

Gregory Earl Senior Member

A few years back I lost one of the cover screws for my Rogue Eighty Eight. I called Mark and he sent me some replacements. No charge, not even for shipping. One doesn't get many free screws Mark said. There's not such a thing I replied.

We both laughed out loud.

20. screener

screener Forum Resident

Customer service with Rogue was as if they were a good neighbor. Enough said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.