Beady Eye album - 'BE' out 10th June

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by deadman, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jconsolmagno

jconsolmagno Forum Resident

Ordered BE back sometime in July on vinyl. Listened a few times, was like Meh. Then listened to it on MP3 boarding a flight... Wow, this is a GREAT ALBUM. I haven't been a fan of any Oasis album after Be Here Now (which is a classic), Dig Out Your Soul had a lot of filler. This one is fantastic. Can definitely confirm that the MP3 is a different mix than the vinyl, much more dynamic range on the Vinyl, but the MP3 is great for my headphones, when I just want to crank it.

Highly recommend this album. I'm not sure if Flick Of The Finger was a great lead off or single, would've gone with "Iz Rite" instead. Much more poppy, but not sure if it would hit a chart in 2013/4.

2. jconsolmagno

Wow, if I didn't import a vinyl copy, I would be mad years later that I never heard Don't Brother Me.

Hep Alien likes this.
  3. George P

George P Notable Member

Wow, that's a GREAT song, too. One of the best on the album.

4. jconsolmagno

Not sure how you can leave it off any copy of the album. It should've been a single.

5. George P

George P Notable Member

:agree:

6. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

Bought the japanese stop of the clocks edition yesterday, that lock the box dvd interview, so hard to understand both guys, Liam is the worst and only japanese subtitles available!

7. I think he purposely does that in interviews to annoy people. He plays up the accent to be incomprehensible.

8. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

9. Jeff Minn

Jeff Minn Senior Member

And now the reunion talk may truly begin. :)

10. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I would be really surprised if there was a reunion any time soon, given that Noel has a new solo album coming out, and 2015 solo tour dates already booked.

11. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

The Oasis reunion is as inevitable as death and taxes, but it won't be for awhile. If BE broke up because of 'secret' reunion plans, Noel wouldn't have a solo record coming out.

2016? Maybe.

12. Jeff Minn

Jeff Minn Senior Member

Exactly. Not now with a new album in March, but 2016? That sounds about right.

13. PixieStix

PixieStix Forum Resident

Hep Alien likes this.
  14. japes

japes Senior Member

With Andy Bell freed up, I wonder if this will help facilitate a Ride reunion?

This needs to happen, IMO.

Hep Alien and BadJack like this.
  15. van1

van1 Forum Resident

16. 905

905 Senior Member

Poor Beady Eye. They break up and we just chat about it on an old album thread.

17. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

I'm not surprised. They sort of puttered out after (maybe during) the last album. I dug 'em though. Wonder if a Liam solo album is in the cards?

18. George P

George P Notable Member

If it is, he'd be the Joker.

deadbirdie likes this.
  19. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

The 20th Anniversary of Knebworth is in Aug. '16 and they'll recreate their biggest moment at the scene of the crime - book it. The question is... Bonehead, Guigsy, and White or Gem, Andy, and Random Studio Drummer?

While Beady Eye was ultimately only good for about 3/4ths of an album total (if you ask me), they were absolutely refreshing to see live. The last Oasis show I saw (MSG '05) was absolutely leaden and boring... even by live Oasis standards. The only good songs were the opener ("Turn Up The Sun") and the closer ("My Generation"). They just plodded through the hits and Liam sounded awful.

Beady Eye at Webster Hall three years ago was absolutely riveting - the only problem was a slight lack of memorable songs. But when they found one, they nailed it - and Liam sounded as good as he did in the mid '90s.

I think an Oasis reunion being worthwhile would ultimately hinge on Liam having something to prove. Given the complete indifference shown towards BE and, ultimately, the band as a whole, I'd say he does. Bring it on (down).

Hep Alien likes this.
  20. jconsolmagno

Personally, I thought Beady Eye's BE, was my best album of 2013. Look forward to what Liam does in the future.

George P likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.