Obtaining original album artwork for music files

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grant, Oct 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CusBlues

CusBlues Fort Wayne’s Favorite Retired Son

I use albumartexchane a lot, and the only time I go greater than 600 is if the 600 scan is too dark or the colors aren't just right. That is a rare situation, though.

2. Anybody have a hi rez scan of Argus by Wishbone ash? I thought there would be a good scan on Albumartexchange but no luck.

3. mrwolk

mrwolk One and a half ears...no waiting!

I totally agree ...I was going to buy the reissue of Tom Wait's "Small Change"...primarily for the cover art and couldn't believe how poorly the cover was reproduced...it looked like a bad counterfeit repro.

4. crimpies

crimpies Forum Resident

5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

Unfortunately, using a tagging program to automatically find the artwork is not a good idea if you want the exact, and high quality artwork.

Yup, i'm anal about it, so I will go to three or four sites to obtain the best artwork possible, save it to my hard drive, then manually embed it to my music files.

I search in this order:

fanart.tv
    albumartexchange
    album art downloader
    Google
    iTunes album art finder

If I have to, I will open up Photoshop and tweak as necessary.

I am 99% finished updating and correcting the tags for my entire digital collection! It has taken almost four months of almost non-stop work to get to this point. That's about 50,000 albums/comps! Virtually every album is properly tagged by my preferences with correct artwork, and i'm still updating the artwork.

Going through every single album has also given me an opportunity to delete stuff I don't want anymore, and to correct gross errors. Not only that, I made mp3 copies of all of the updated FLACs. I will finish the last 12 or so artists tonight. It feels so good to get this done! I put my computer through a LOT! That's six backups!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    Andrew and Dino like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.