Jack Bruce RIP

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bicyclops, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Eric Clapton's comment ..... from his Facebook page.

It is with great sadness that we learned that Jack Bruce had passed away this morning at his home in England.

"He was a great musician and composer, and a tremendous inspiration to me" ec

https://www.facebook.com/ericclapton

2. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

Ride easy, Jack.

3. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

Rest easy, Mr. Bruce.

4. Frippwire

Frippwire Well-Known Member

This is terrible news. One of my major musical heroes. I played Wheels Of Fire at work today in his honor/memory. Rest In Power, Jack Bruce.

5. wayne66

wayne66 Forum Resident

One of the all time greats. R.I.P.

6. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

R.I.P. Jack I'll be playing 'Live & Kickin'

footlooseman and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

The first thing that pops into my head when I think about Jack Bruce is the great live Cream recordings where the three players are going nuts, with the train seemingly about to derail and go off the tracks, Jack's bass wonderfully distorted and busy in a good way, easily going head to head with Eric's leads.

But I also cherish the other Jack Bruce. This Jack Bruce :

The guy was a hat trick : He could sing with the best of them, play with the best of them, and
    write with the best of them.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  8. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

I heard about Jack's passing around 1am Sunday morning, only now have I realised I was wearing a Cream tshirt on Saturday night. I'm still shocked by this news. :(

9. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

Listening to the deluxe 2CD version of Cities Of The Heart. It includes the prequel to the formation of BBM, as well as huge numbers of ace musicians playing with Jack. And all superbly recorded. RIP, Jack.

10. paul62

paul62 Forum Resident

True story: I opened up the iPad this morning with the morbid thought that one day I 'd be opening up the iPad and be reading that Paul McCartney had passed. This news is just as bad. RIP Jack Bruce.

11. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

What a loss it is to the world of music. His artistry was more that just him being a great bass player with many great bands and musicains.
    But that's what Jack truly was a "Musician" and a great one.
    I will miss him but I'll always hear his music in my head, my heart and my soul.
    Rest in Peace, Jack.

12. Freedom Rider

Freedom Rider Senior Member

I was just listening to his Live at the BBC set, and this track literally brought tears to my eyes.
    Yes, he's gone now, but he'll live on in his music and in the hearts of his fans.
    RIP

jay.dee, lschwart, poolie and 2 others like this.
  13. BeatlesObsessive

BeatlesObsessive The Earl of Sandwich Ness

RIP Jack Bruce... October 26, 2005 Madison Square Garden Cream Reunion Concert... and here we are 9 years later.

Frippwire and footlooseman like this.
  14. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Sad sad news. Such a distinctive bass player, a distinctive singer. He had such an original and unique sound and style. I gave Songs For A Tailor a spin today, but I rarely go more than a day or two without hearing something with Jack on it. Saw him three times, and among the many great moments, I'll never get when he started doing the Politician riff as Spectrum Road kicked off into their last song of the night. It was one of the goosebumps inducing moments. I made sure to put Politician on the jukebox today. RIP Jack Bruce.

PHILLYQ likes this.
  15. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

I was at this show also. I shall play my bootleg dvd and cd of that show today in honor of one of the greatest musicians this world will ever know. This one is hitting me hard man...

16. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

Here he is with a cusp-of-fame John McLaughlin in 1968. Kind of shows his versatility.

poolie likes this.
  17. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

18. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

oh man... soon, the whole generation will go away and I will have to witness it. ((( immensely sad.

susyredstripe likes this.
  19. Emberglow

Emberglow Senior Member

I heard a track from Jack's 2014 album Silver Rails on RTÉ Radio One this morning. His voice sounded great, I'm gonna buy the album. R.I.P.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

you won't regret it

21. xmas111

xmas111 Forum Resident

R.I.P. sad...sad.....sad....

22. mozz

mozz Forum Resident

R.I.P. Very sad news, one of the greatest

23. James Glennon

James Glennon Senior Member

Brought joy to a lot of people through his music for 4 decades, we'll never see his like again! RIP Jack Bruce!

JG

24. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

4 decades? try 5. also he performed/released music in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90', 00's and 2010's so you could say he was part of 6 decades if you wanted to get technical about stuff

25. captone

captone Forum Resident

RIP. Thanks for all the great music

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.