Jimmy Page 2014 "Book Stamping Tour"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by spencer1, Oct 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

Looks more like a young Will Ferrell with a fake beard.

bhasenstab and theshape like this.
  2. Aghast of Ithaca

Aghast of Ithaca Forum Resident

It looks like a scene from The Godfather, except for the stamp.

3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Whatever floats others' boats is cool, but having an autographed record or book has never really mattered to me. On a record, in particular, I really almost see it as defacing the record.

4. A. Scrounger

A. Scrounger Forum Resident

It's the special Bron-Y-Aur Stamp ;)

5. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Hey, quit stealing my material! I'll sue! I'm calling my attorney right now. :D (See post 4) :p

Ah, I forgot. It's a Jimmy Page thread. "Borrowing" material goes with the territory. I've told my attorney to stand down. ;)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
    APH, A. Scrounger and serge like this.
  6. A. Scrounger

LOL Oops! I usually try to go through every post so as to not do that! ::head smack:: I'll write you out a check. ;) No, wait, will you accept a rubber stamp of one instead? Limited edition!

7. serge

serge Forum Resident

that looks retarded...I feel sorry for Page

Carserguev likes this.
  8. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

So Bad..

9. Glenn Christense

Yes, your rubber stamped signature on the check is appropriate to this thread. Hopefully the check isn't rubber also though . :D

A. Scrounger likes this.
  10. serge

serge Forum Resident

Page is thinking "Peter would have never had me doing this..."

11. old time fan

old time fan Active Member

If you adjust the exposure, in dimmed light he looks uncannily like Tony Iommi and there is a connection here, Iommi lifted Mr. Page's riff to utilize it to a great effect in the song Master of Insanity. Then again, the usual "haters" will tell you Mr. Page probably "stole" it from someone else.

12. A. Scrounger

It'll be fine if you don't try stretching it! ;)

Glenn Christense likes this.
  13. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident

I love Page but this is quite awkward.

14. serge

serge Forum Resident

Peter Grant: "You're going to stamp books?? What the **** for? You need a good bollocking Pagey!"

SpinningInfinity likes this.
  15. Glenn Christense

I would think Jimmy himself would feel goofy stamping the books. Either hand sign the books or don't do ANYTHING other than shake peoples hands and let them snap a quick picture with you after you buy the book there , but as a fan I'd feel like a complete dork standing in front of Jimmy Page while he lovingly... stamps my book. :p

16. old time fan

Obviously there are people to whom it means a lot and who are you to judge them?

Sordel likes this.
  17. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

I haven't really kept up with the stamp signings but has a reason been given for this? Maybe he has arthritis?

18. Glenn Christense

The word posted earlier is that Jimmy hand signed the very expensive limited version of this book, so to preserve the exclusivity of that edition he won't sign this lesser expensive edition, lest the owners who ponied up for the expensive one get heartburn that their "investment" may be compromised.

19. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

But the books are different, correct? I love Page but what a load of ****e if that's the reason...

20. Glenn Christense

I believe it's sort of like George Harrison's fancy Genesis signed edition book as opposed to the mass market version. Much of the same content, but quite a step down quality- wise with less loving care given to the content. Cheaper paper, etc. I don't have either edition so it's just speculation on my part.

Lord Summerisle likes this.
  21. old time fan

Unless he's coming to Australia to do this stunt, I see no reason to get so emotionally involved.

22. APH

APH Forum Resident

Just what I thought!
    Page should have a big gold ring, and make an official wax seal with it.
    Fans could then kiss his ring.
    Although they already are...

23. APH

APH Forum Resident

Reminds of that story about the Spice Girls.
    Someone wandered backstage after a Spice Girls show, holding a can of Coke. The girls went insane, yelling he be thrown out, which he swiftly was.

The reason was that the Girls had a big contract with Pepsi, which was void if they were seen in a photo with Coke. Hence their panic.

24. alchemy

alchemy Forum Resident

Will he charge xtra if he uses a multi colored stamper? Will he actually stamp the book in I'm front of you or does his Stamper Tech do it for him?

25. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

F**k him right off! I wouldn't stand for any of that stamping nonsense. Can't understand what the reasoning is. I saw him a few years ago at the Mott The Hoople gig in London and he was more than happy to be photographed. Wonder why the change of heart re no memorabilia or posed photos?

[​IMG]

serge likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.