Led Zeppelin Remasters in 2014 to include 2nd disc of bonus material (Pt6)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Has anyone seen any news on when the HD downloads will be available for IV and HotH? Thanks:)

2. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

The only problem, I don't think this is available in the US: https://www.highresaudio.com/

3. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

Finally we're done with page 26 of this thread. I thought that those detailed pictures from Finlandia were going to crash my browser.

4. sassi

sassi Forum Resident

Sorry for them beeing too big. I will resize next time. :/

I have had time now to listen to all of the records and I really like what I have heard. Now for the second round... :)

S. P. Honeybunch likes this.
  5. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Keep going... I bet I have ya beat! :winkgrin:

6. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Went with Bull Moose with these. $12.97 pre-order each, free shipping over $25.00. Bargain price for the 2 Disc Deluxe Editions.

7. old school

old school Senior Member

Went with CDJAPAN again just better packaging.

tribby2001 and moops like this.
  8. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

On your uniform?!

9. old school

old school Senior Member

[​IMG]
    ledzeppelin.com
    The Great Hall at Surrey University in Battersea is an unlikely spot for a milestone in rock history. But on Oct. 25, 1968, Led Zeppelin played their first concert under their new name.

The band’s website is unsure of the exact setlist, but believe that five songs from their not-yet released debut — ‘Communication Breakdown,’ ‘I Can’t Quit You Baby,’ ‘You Shook Me,’ ‘Babe I’m Gonna Leave You’ and ‘How Many More Times’ — were played. Also probably performed were some Yardbirds cuts, like ‘Train Kept a Rollin’,’ ‘Dazed and Confused’ and ‘White Summer’ (and maybe ‘For Your Love’) and a cover of Garnet Mimms’ ‘As Long As I Have You.’

Six weeks earlier, Jimmy Page took Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham out on the road for an already-booked Yardbirds tour. As it neared the end, Page announced that the Yardbirds would officially break up after the Oct. 19 show in Liverpool and that these new musicians were to be called Led Zeppelin.

The reason for the name change was simple: Reportedly, Page received a cease-and-desist letter from former Yardbird Chris Dreja, who claimed he legally owned the rights to the band’s name. He recalled a conversation a few years earlier after he, Jones, Keith Moon of the Who, Jeff Beck and session pianist Nicky Hopkins recorded ‘Beck’s Bolero.’ They briefly discussed the idea of forming a new group, which Moon said would “go down like a lead balloon.” Other reports say that Who bassist John Entwistle, who was present at the session, made the famous comment.

Whoever said it, the zinger stuck with Page, and he chose it, making a slight altering to the first word, for his new endeavor.

10. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Did Jimmy just stamp that guy between the eyes? :eek:

JL6161, Fred1970, Helmut and 4 others like this.
  11. George P

George P Notable Member

No, Jimmy just found out that he's that guy's father.

JL6161, herky10, rockclassics and 2 others like this.
  12. gstring

gstring Active Member

Are the CDs themselves from Warner Japan different or better quality than those made in Europe and USA?

13. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

No, but the Japanese discs won't arrive scratched due to the protective inner sleeves that are not provided with the U.S. and European versions.

Simon A and gstring like this.
  14. fpas

fpas Just...take it easy, man.

The 24/96 downloads for IV and HOTH still not online....???:sigh:

15. soka

soka Forum Resident

16. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I don't know much about Bull Moose but I would definitely check around on that if you haven't already. I'm looking at my HOTH Super Deluxe Box right now. It arrived yesterday from Elusive Disc. Haven't had a chance to play it yet but IV sounds every bit as good as I was hoping it would.

rburly and violetvinyl like this.
  17. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I was able to purchase the deluxe CDs of IV and Houses on Friday. They both sound excellent to my ears. I've upgraded my system and haven't revised my profile information yet.

They're not loud and don't sound compressed to me. Dynamics are pretty good.

Guess I can use my Diament copy of Houses as a coaster

18. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

Or as another version that also sounds good.

rburly and reb like this.
  19. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Silly, remark.

rburly likes this.
  20. spice9

spice9 Senior Member

Just announced... a third printing of Page's book. It will be the last one they say, with a price of $1,000. Page will not only sign each of the 350 copies, but will also sign Willie Dixon and Howlin' Wolf's names.

21. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Give it to somebody that would appreciate it.

rburly and Trapper J like this.
  22. Trapper J

Trapper J Senior Member

Screw the negative!

I will be the first to say "THANK YOU JIMMY, PLANT, JONES, AND BONHAM, for making this awesome music to begin with, and for keeping at it! I will be buying the deluxe sets for every release (super deluxe is too pricey for me), and i will enjoy them until the end of time!"

vanye, DiabloG, Scott222C and 10 others like this.
  23. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

It's staying with me. Obviously I'm not using it as a coaster

24. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

Amazon shipped my copy of IV but no news on HOTH. Really hope it's not delayed

25. fpas

fpas Just...take it easy, man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.