Beady Eye have broken up

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by japes, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japes

japes Senior Member Thread Starter

AJK74 likes this.
  2. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

Ehh, I'm unfazed. Never thought they were that good, though I do think they had a great album in them (if they stuck together).

3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Solo album for Liam?

4. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

shame, i thought the 2nd album was better than the first

5. Nostaljack

Nostaljack Resident R&B enthusiast

Cool. Now Liam can go back to badly impersonating the Beatles.

No, I couldn't resist.

Ed

Grant likes this.
  6. Geordie777

Geordie777 Senior Member

They weren't all that good anyway IMO. I think that Oasis will announce they are getting back together in the next 12 months. Then I wouldn't be surprised if they announce new album massive tour etc sooo predictable.

7. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

LOL :D

Helmut likes this.
  8. Luke W

Luke W Forum Resident

Meh. Considering Noel has got his second album coming out next year and seems happier than ever I doubt we are going to see a full Oasis reunion for a long long time, if ever, and I am completely fine with that. If they were planning that I'd have thought you would have seen Beady Eye go into quiet hibernation and then surprise everyone with an announcement 12 months down the line that Oasis is back. The fact that already tongues are wagging about 'reunions' because of this suggests it was just a case of everyone being sick of each other. Since Beady Eye is pretty much Oasis minus Noel anyway it seems a bit silly to reform the band if the lead songwriter is not on board, basically all they would be doing is changing the band name at this point, though with a name like Beady Eye I can see why that would make sense.
    There will probably be a Liam solo album and probably it will only be half as good as his brothers heh heh.

9. Helmut

Helmut Well-Known Member

Too much hype around that band, too little substance. Not a loss and hopefully for the members a chance to find better bands for showing their potential.

10. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

I don't want an Oasis reunion. They'd gone as far as they could. Anything else would be repetitive and dilute the memory. The High Flying Birds, on the other hand, have a few more albums in them yet, I'm sure.

Carserguev likes this.
  11. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

I can't see Liam making a solo album. I think this is pretty much the end of his music career unfortunately (unless Oasis reform which I don't think will be for a very long term).

The other option is that he makes a new band with Bonehead.

Also, Noel is way too happy being solo to even consider a reunion. He is arguably bigger than Oasis were by the time they split up.

cwsiggy and Luke W like this.
  12. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

Well that sure lasted, maybe it wasn't such a great name for a band after all.:winkgrin:

13. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Big surprise.

14. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

It's funny people think this will lead to a reunion -- as if Beady Eye were the reason Oasis isn't together, and not Noel! If Noel had announced he wanted to return they would have abandoned BE in a second.

15. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

16. Django

Django Forum Resident

Major comedown for Liam.

17. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Is it too early for Ringo's All Starr Band?

18. florandia

florandia Forum Resident

I hear, through the grapevine, that 'Hermans Hermits' are looking for a new lead singer!

Nostaljack likes this.
  19. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

I expected more from Beady Eye. With Andy Bell's track record in Ride and Hurricane #1, there was certainly potential there for something better.

20. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Agreed. Who knows what will happen in the future, but, with Noel having a new album and tour lined up and ready to go, I don't see reunion happening any time soon.

Andy and Gem and Liam were all good for a great song or two on each latter-day Oasis album, but Noel was the talent in that band from day one. It's not surprising that they floundered without him.

Jeff Minn likes this.
  21. You mean you're...Not Fazed? :)

22. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

T
    That's the one.. LOL

23. Twangy

Twangy Forum Resident

i was an Oasis fan in the beginning, then just got a little tired with the sound, and i departed., but i thought BE were pretty good….the first things BE I heard were super Lennon-esque for sure, but there was material on the second that was showing promise…..and yeah, it'd be interesting if Andy Bell resurrected Ride, tho I am not sure if many would care at this late point…..

Hep Alien and AJK74 like this.
  24. Rupe33

Rupe33 Senior Member

More interestingly... this frees up Andy Bell for a potential RIDE reunion...
    although the prospect of Mark Gardener's LP with Robin Guthrie remains intriguing too.

AlienRendel likes this.
  25. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

Yes.

Followed by the announcement "Liam has broken up with Liam".

Hep Alien likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.