Finally! Iron Maiden BLACK VINYL reissues coming in September... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeyP

MikeyP Forum Resident

I'm just telling you it says Warner. You asked.

Amazon.ca is selling both US and UK

2. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

No, I asked where it said Warner on Amazon.com which is the US site not the Canadian site

3. MikeyP

MikeyP Forum Resident

Ohhh kayyy, boss :cheers:

4. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

How can you tell which one is the UK vs the US?

5. Mij Retrac

The EU copies are Parlaphone/Warner Bros the US copies are Sanctuary/BMG.

MikeyP likes this.
  6. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

The UK ones say parlophone on the bottom left corner of the outside jacket.

7. 808_state

808_state ヤマハで再生中

Bingo! We have a winner!

8. Simon_LDT

Simon_LDT Forum Resident

Anyone else notice the !...! in the deadwax on the EU Powerslave? I've seen this mark before, so it must be a specific mastering/cutting engineer at Optimum's plant. It's not on any other of the Maiden re-issues so far (I still need LAD though, but got the others).

9. 808_state

808_state ヤマハで再生中

RTI & QRP would have never let anything like the URP discs out the door. Take an Optimal and a URP of the same disc and put them side by side, look at the grooves, look at the dead wax, compare the manner in which the matrix numbers are inscribed and you will clearly see which of the two was/is willing to put forth the effort to make a quality product. An A/B listening test is only more incriminating.

aroney likes this.
  10. Mij Retrac

It's on all of the US pressings I have come across as well. All albums.

11. Mij Retrac

QRP has done it frequently with the KISS reissues and I have had a couple slip through RTIs QC as well. They aren't immune.

12. grifter

grifter New Member

Bit new to this,

but did the last (I think it was 2012) picture disc vinyl reissues, and the latest reissues being discussed only include the 80s albums?

Thank you!

13. Mij Retrac

Yes only up to and including Seventh Son.

14. grifter

grifter New Member

Thank you.

Any reason for this? Are the ones after a bit rubbish?

15. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

It could be Sean Magee's signature. He's a cutting engineer at Abbey Road. He mentioned here in Beatles Stereo remastered vinyl discussion that he signs his cuts like i...i

16. Idjit Dragon

Idjit Dragon Forum Resident

The response that I recieved from Amazon.ca is as follows:

Hello,

I'm writing back to fulfill my promise to you of a follow up regarding the Iron Maiden 2014 180g vinyl releases.

Our investigations team had already released a result regarding the report I've submitted after you contacted us. They have confirmed that the vinyl releases are URP Pressings.

If you still have questions or concerns after these, please feel free to contact us and we will be delighted to help. Please be assured that we're always here to take care of any concerns of our valued customer like you. You can contact us via phone, chat, or e-mail by clicking the "Contact Us" button on any Help page(http://www.amazon.com/help).

Cheers

Martin

17. SeventhGun

SeventhGun Forum Resident

Very strange. Mine can maybe take Somewhere in Time, but then it's REALLY crammed in there and you will have trouble getting them out of the box. I mean, you can clearly see there is no more space left on my photo

18. Nick Scott

Nick Scott Forum Resident

Does anyone who didn't like the first 3 (esp. NOTB), like POM & PS? I'm only interested in sound quality.

19. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

I can't stand how TNOTB sounds yet I love POM....really nice sound. PS is arriving today, but judging by how good "2 Minutes To Midnight" sounds on the 7" 45rpm I think I will have another winner.

Nick Scott likes this.
  20. Dr. Metal MD

Dr. Metal MD Forum Resident

POM and PS in the mail yesterday. Optimal pressings from Amazon UK. Packaged very well! Absolutely no damage to the LPs.

These LPs sound incredible. I cannot tell any significant difference between these and my US first pressings. In fact, these reissues may have better detail and certainly have less IGD. Heavy-weight black vinyl, dead quiet. Zero surface noise. I'm very much pleased with these. Artwork looks spectacular as well with the exception of some blurriness of the POM sleeve. However, sleeves overall are very sturdy and well-done. I HIGHLY recommend these two reissues. They will likely be my 'go-to' copies when I want to listen to these albums.

wkcchampion and MikeyP like this.
  21. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

LAD has the same signature in the deadwax. POM has that V=I same as the first three

Mayby the first 4 is cut at?? an the rest some place else. Or by someone else

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  22. Mij Retrac

My LAD has the same!..! In the deadwax as the others

23. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

Did you find it on any other record than PS, LAD ?

24. Mij Retrac

Yes like I stated in my previous post it was in at least POM as well but I am pretty sure it was in the other three as well.

25. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

Cool, i have to go back check then, didn't see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.