King Crimson - "Starless - Live in Europe" box set confirmed

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DesertChaos, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark renard

mark renard Senior Member

Anyone who orderd from Amazon.ca have theirs shipped yet? Mine seems to be in limbo.

2. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

I cancelled them last week (after preorder in august) and switched to amazon.uk.
    It is in transit to US, Nov 14 arrival.

I recommend that route if not DGM.

3. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Mine came from Inner Knot quickly to the US.
    Arrived a few weeks ago, well packed. No problems.
    This is a very well done box set... Yet again!
    All bands could look to Fripp's releases for insight on how it can, and should be done.
    Very happy to see a few songs again from Pittsburgh, PA.... Was there for the gig!
    This completes the KC box library and it is quite fine indeed.

Judge Judy likes this.
  4. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

Are you certain it came from Inner Knot (see my comments above)?

5. djbarry

djbarry Master of time, space and dimension.

It looks as though every North American site is now listing it as either "Temporarily out of stock" or with a revised release date of either 11/3 or 11/4. I've checked about about a dozen different reputable sites and the vast majority are now saying 11/3 or 11/4.

6. trumpetplayer

trumpetplayer Senior Member

I got Road to Red for $100 delivered the week of release plus ton of other orders from Deep Discount with no problem

7. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

You did last year. It's always hit or miss with those places. Needless to say, somebody did something they shouldn't have to make that price happen on RtR.

8. mark renard

mark renard Senior Member

Thanks. I can wait a little longer. I will listen to the Night Watch in the interm.

9. djbarry

As did I.

10. djbarry

Overstock has been in business since 1999 and Deep Discount since 2001. I've order thousands of dollars worth of merchandise and never had a problem or a cancellation. They're hardly "fly by night".

11. trumpetplayer

trumpetplayer Senior Member

I haven't had any problems with any of my other orders with them

12. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

Relatively speaking, with their often clumsy ways of doing business and performing simple customer service functions, I'd argue the opposite. No need to take this personally; I didn't shoot your mother, after all. The 2 dot com 20 somethings who started CD Now out of a garage did a better job all the way around than those 2 places do. And that was back in like 1996.

13. jacethecrowl

jacethecrowl Forum Resident

I like blowitoutahere's price, but I'm through trying to pre-order from outlets like these. When they start showing things as 'In Stock' then I'll bite.

I'd love to buy direct from DGM but can't really justify paying $60-70 more.

14. djbarry

Not personal. I just want to pass on my experience and make certain that people aren't dissuaded from shopping at legit sites. I haven't found their way of doing business clumsy. You have. CD Now is no more. Deep Discount is. Order with confidence, people.

15. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

Like I said, chances of getting "niche" releases like this at places like that decrease significantly. Sure, they're legit, but you guys were complaining about being left to wonder what was going on with being left in limbo. This is common sense. The US rep for KC is Inner Knot. They get it and ship out to their customers and distribute the remainder to the distributors who then send it to the retailers. No reason to wonder anymore. None of the US retailers have it yet. Honestly, I'm not sure why, with such a small print run, distributors and separate retailers are even needed.

16. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

I know a few people that got hosed by Deep Discount the R2R box. They ended up just saying to hell with it.

17. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

All they had to do was call customer service and DD would honor the price.

djbarry and trumpetplayer like this.
  18. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

Something amazing happened: I was waiting and waiting and waiting for my order from Amazon.ca to ship, but got no news.
    Then I had a look at their description page for "Starless" and noticed it said: "Currently unavailable.
    We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
    "
    But on the other "Starless" page, the one currently at 249$, it says "In stock".

It was obvious to me then that they didn't want to sell me the boxset for the low pre-order price ! But they never let me know. I could have waited forever !

So what I did yestareday was cancel my CA order, and go straight to amazon UK where I ordered the thing (for the same low price, which is good).
    And today I received the f*** box ! I thouhgt it would take a week, as it is normally the time for UK orders to arrive in France, but THIS boxset was delivered to me on the next day !!

I'm very happy to have changed from Amazon.ca to another.

asdf35 likes this.
  19. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Can I move to France? :D

20. smiley69

smiley69 Forum Resident

Indeed it appears the stocks are in France :) Mine will be delivered on monday only because tomorrow is a public holiday ! Was shipped only yesterday :)

21. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Also mine has just arrived from Germany/JPC.de.

22. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Sure you can. ;)

23. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Living in Argentina is hard, boys: corruption, crime, poverty, and box sets that take ages to arrive.

Musicisthebest likes this.
  24. djbarry

And Nazis.

Musicisthebest and ti-triodes like this.
  25. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Take the day, and walk around, watch the nazis run your town. Anyway, back to our main subject, I guess my box will arrive in, let's say, three weeks, minimum. So, meanwhile, I'll try to think of something else... visiting this thread over and over again :D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.