Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory deluxe reissues announced

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Amnesiac, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My point exactly - the second album was hardly promoted, so it's little surprise Beady Eye decided to part with their management not long after the promotional cycle for this came to an end. Of course, it doesn't help that BE was (mostly) far removed from what came previously, including while the band was still 4/5 of Oasis.

The idea of Liam going solo fills me with dread... his voice simply isn't up to it these days, but at least as a songwriter he's a lot better now than if he'd considered this back when Noel was the only Gallagher brother whose name appeared on the credits in this regard.

Hep Alien likes this.
  2. liammuc

liammuc Forum Resident

I think they will release it just in time before Christmas. Can't wait for the demos on this one!

Check out Be Here Now on vinyl if you can - total different experience! I haven't heard the original Creation LP from 1997 but the 2009 re-issue sounds amazing. Lots of seperation of the instruments and great dynamics as well. Always loved that album!

blind_melon1 likes this.
  3. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

Really? I own the original, and it sounds pretty nasty IMO. Glad you're enjoying the sound of the 2009 :) (I might check that one out!)
    I have this album on minidisc, cd and vinyl. The MD is the worst sounding recording I own!

Bobby Morrow and liammuc like this.
  4. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

These cd books whether you like it or not cds come with a scratch or even worst get scratched when you take them out even if you are carefull. Hate them. :shrug:

5. liammuc

liammuc Forum Resident

That's really interesting. I just looked into the DR database and your version should have even better dynamics than mine. And most people are praising the original Creation Records vinyl versions of the first 3 albums. But as I said before I really like the warm sound of the 2009 Be Here Now vinyl re-issue. It's the best sounding vinyl of all the 2009 re-issues for me. One can hear a lot of different instruments that are buried in the CD version.

6. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

I don't think the 2009 vinyl is a revelation but it does sound better than CD and is actually listenable on a decent stereo whereas the CD I find doesn't last long before you want to bin it.

stef1205 likes this.
  7. liammuc

liammuc Forum Resident

I don't have the vinyl itself - only a high quality needle drop of the 2009 re-issues in 24/96 as flac files. They sound amazing on my system and also with headphones.

Anybody knows this version of Be Here Now?:
    http://rkid003.blogspot.de/2011/07/be-here-now-sonic-love-noize-concise.html

Just found it yesterday and will give it a try - the Dynamic Range of these sounds promising - DR11 with no song <10. A shorter mix made with the 1997 original vinyl.

ZEP77 likes this.
  8. Marko L.

Marko L. Forum Resident

I bought this (Morning Glory) today and all three CDs were little bit scratched. :mad: Have to put them to slim jewel cases which takes extra space. :mad:

It is possible to design book style CD cases that don't scratch the discs, but for some reason most bands/labels don't seem to care.

9. Marko L.

Marko L. Forum Resident

I picked up Definitely Maybe today. No scratches :)

For some reason I had forgotten they had this many great single B-sides (don't have The Masterplan collection).

Never thought I'd be buying remastered deluxe editions of Oasis albums, but these are great.

Smiths22 likes this.
  10. Geoff

Geoff Senior Member

Video not available in my country :(

11. liammuc

liammuc Forum Resident

It's the same here in Germany. You need a geo unblocking service. There are many plugins for different web browser available. If you watch youtube on an iPad I can recommend "F-Secure Freedom VPN". Just turn it on and choose US as server country and you can watch the video. Just tried it in Safari and in the youtube app and both worked.
    Cheers.

12. liammuc

liammuc Forum Resident

Nice to hear. If you like the B-Sides as much as I do I recommend the original CD Single releases from the 90's. They have better sound quality as the new remasters (not so compressed) - especially the acoustic tracks sound a lot better on the original Single releases.

Marko L. likes this.
  13. David Jay

David Jay Forum Resident

I put this video together showcasing the radio samples on the intro of Morning Glory. Subtitles are available, and the video is also in HD to try and avoid any further loss of sound quality.

The audio is sourced from the individual channels from the SACD remix. I did try and adjust the EQ to hopefully make the speech a bit clearer as well. I tried uploading a version of this with a clip of the original mix for comparison, but the upload was blocked due to YT recognising the copyrighted audio.
    "]

905, liammuc and PhantomStranger like this.
  14. grummer

grummer Member

I bought mine for 55€ in Poland two weeks before remaster release. Sounds good but a little bit hurshly, maybe because of VG+/EX- condition. I own three Creation records (Adorable, House of Love and Oasis) and all of them are not even audiophile sounding LPs.

Here's Don't Look Back In Anger rip from original LP.

liammuc likes this.
  15. That's a nice job, David.:agree:

16. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

I have original creation pressings of the 1st 3 LPs. While not mint copies [Morning Glory is pretty close though], I do stand by them without a doubt. Be Here Now is my favourite oasis LP, and this may be why...

liammuc likes this.
  17. Smiths22

Be here now next January i assume...

18. deadman

deadman Forum Resident

Possibly, although the initial press releases for these re-issues said all three albums would be out in 2014 - well we're now in the last few days of November, and a release date hasn't even been announced yet. And with Noel's new album sat ready and waiting - for months now - there's a feeling they might postpone Be Here Now to let Noel's new album come out.

19. FJFP

Noel's LP comes out in March. January would make sense for BHN without a doubt.

Smiths22 likes this.
  20. Smiths22

End of January 2015, i'd say.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  21. FJFP

People talk of the SQ of the LPs - no-one ever speaks of the 12" singles. I have all of them bar 2, and they all sound INCREDIBLE. Especially the Be Here Now and SOTSOG ones.

wwright and liammuc like this.
  22. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

23. The singles sound far better.:agree:

wwright likes this.
  24. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

People in the know at Oasis fan forums are saying work hasn't even started yet on the 'Be Here Now' reissue.

25. That doesn't make sense, as just a few months back there was excited talk of the Mustique tapes being prepared for a "Chasing The Sun" campaign edition of Be Here Now, leading fans to believe at least something from those recordings would feature as bonus material. If anything, the anticipated December 2014 release date has been significantly compromised by Noel Gallagher announcing a new album and tour, meaning that any archival project no longer becomes his priority (despite it previously looking as if he was the only former member of Oasis to care about this in the first place). In all honesty, he probably saw either the sales figures or complaints about the overall mastering quality so far and decided it just wasn't worth continuing with - isn't everything Oasis ever does intended to be the second coming? At this rate, a predictably disappointing yet once inevitable reunion may never happen... for a bunch of lads seemingly obsessed with little outside of The Beatles, I'm surprised they didn't take the hint sooner and just Let It Be!

P.S. Although he was previously against the idea, I wouldn't be surprised if Liam actually pushes for the later albums to be reissued in this way. I suspect he won't be so hostile to the idea when there are potential new royalty payments in the equation, particularly as his life at the moment is in a state where all the extra money he can make is welcome.

Hep Alien likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.