Finally! Iron Maiden BLACK VINYL reissues coming in September... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeyP

MikeyP Forum Resident

Was this response in regards to the Warner listing or the Sanctuary listing. There are 2, one is around $68, the other (Warner) is $88. I'm assuming the increased cost is due to importing.

It appears the US version is out of stock as of now. While the other is still available, which would equate to other Euro outlets still having stock.

Mij Retrac likes this.
  2. scottp

scottp Forum Resident

i accidentally ordered 2 copies of run to the hills 7". i logged onto amazon to process the return & they didn't want my duplicate copy. they simply refunded the purchase & let me keep it. not worth the freight & processing for the return!

SeventhGun, Dusan and Mij Retrac like this.
  3. icirider

icirider Forum Resident

I picked up NOTB and the first one last week, I'm afraid I agree that NOTB is underwhelming. First one sounds great though.

johnny q likes this.
  4. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Really? Hmmmm......that may change my approach.

Mij Retrac likes this.
  5. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Really????
    I had to ship the red box back to the UK from Canada and return postage was more than the box. Similar with the singles. Luckily for me I just said Refused as I never opened them. They will get the outrageous bill when they get it back.

6. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

A $70 box set is a bit different from an $8 single.

scottp likes this.
  7. scottp

scottp Forum Resident

i live in the usa & purchased the us version of the single. like the post above this one says - sending a box back to the uk is different than a domestic single.

got the live running free & run to the hills singles from LAD today. run to the hills is a little warped but plays fine. so glad to own these again after so many years. i remember buying the original versions as a teenager back in the 80's at record shows. sold them all off when i had the 'bright' idea of switching over to cd's. :doh:

Mij Retrac likes this.
  8. Mij Retrac

Well I have to say that even though the singles look like crap (the vinyl not the covers) they play better than I thought they would. I received Aces High, The Trooper and Flight Of Icarus today. The side B of Aces High had a couple of scratches that looked significant and it was a little warped but surprisingly it played okay. Tge Trooper was in better condition and it's a good thing because the side B is one of my favorite side Bs of theirs (Cross-Eyed Mary).

jeffgt14 and scottp like this.
  9. grifter

grifter New Member

Sorry to ask the same question again,

but hoping someone can answer why Iron Maiden is only re-releasing their 80s albums?

Thank you.

10. Mij Retrac

Because the others won't sell enough to make reissues worth pressing.

11. Ash76

Ash76 Wait actually yeah no

I found an original Aussie pressing of TNOTB on Wednesday in mint condition. Played it last night and it sounds phenomenal - not a tick or pop to be heard

12. Dr. Metal MD

Dr. Metal MD Forum Resident

So, upon further listening to my POM reissue, I noticed that there is some channel imbalance. The right channel is noticeably louder than the left channel. Changing the balance on the pre-amp fixes this, but I shouldn't have to do this. None of my other reissues have this problem. Is anybody else having a similar issue?

Cheers,

13. Mij Retrac

I have this with every one I have listened to so far.

14. Dr. Metal MD

Dr. Metal MD Forum Resident

Hmmm... that's too bad. This one is pretty severe with POM. The pressing still sounds spectacular, except for this issue.

I've also noticed that the music gets quieter as you reach the inner grooves.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  15. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Congrats, that's quite a find. I'm sure it sounds sweet!

16. Ash76

Ash76 Wait actually yeah no

A great find for $20.00 especially reading all the negative comments about the reissue

17. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Which I am lucky to have. If you want the best fidelity, the originals are the best, imo.

ArpMoog likes this.
  18. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

Spinning POM right now. It sounds pretty damn good! I have the original US version too.

It could be that my set-up, with a "bright" cart (AT 440mla) and "warm" speakers (Wharfedale Emeralds), likes the mastering...

Still have to work my way through Powerslave and the first 12 singles. The box with the first three LP's are on backorder.

19. aroney

My Running Free/Sanctuary single (and labeled that way too) is actually Aces High/Kings of Twilight. Sounds good though. :shrug:

My Aces High/Kings of Twilight is correct...a bit scuffed up though.

20. Mij Retrac

I wonder if that is why the Running Free single has been delayed in the US?

21. aroney

This is the "live" version with Sanctuary. I believe it's the Running Free/Burning Ambition single that's delayed.

22. Mij Retrac

You are correct, my mistake.

23. nsfw

nsfw New Member

The way that Amazon USA ships these (sometimes in padded envelopes) you really need to open all of these and inspect the wax. I thought about not opening the 7'inches because there isn't much to look at, but it's too risky especially given all the problems people have even without getting thrown around in transit.

24. Idjit Dragon

Idjit Dragon Forum Resident

This was in response to question - are the rest of the vinyl releases (ie not the box) would be URP or Optimal

Cheers

Martin

MikeyP likes this.
  25. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

I received the first batch of singles from Amazon UK, and the envelope labelled Run to the Hills had the "The Number of the Beast/Remember Tomorrow" single instead. I arranged for a replacement and hope that the correct one will arrive this time.

:wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.