Well, I watched it again... "The Parallax View" free paper prop for fans

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ghostworld, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm sure this won't be wildly popular, but for those old film buffs who love the Warren Beatty thriller "The Parallax View" I made a screen accurate copy of the application potential baddies would have mailed in. I worked it up in inDesign from screen captures. I made it because I was watching "The Parallax View" for about the fifteenth time tonight and I just admire the film so much I had to create a little tribute to it. Here's a pdf for download. Enjoy. Forward it to an angry friend!

https://www.scribd.com/doc/245077245/Parallax-Corporation

If you by some very strange chance you Haven't seen it. and love stylish and intriguing thrillers that don't insult your intelligence, make sure to watch The Parallax View. It's on Netflix now!

From Wikipedia

The Parallax View is a 1974 American dramatic thriller film directed and produced by Alan J. Pakula, and starringWarren Beatty, Hume Cronyn, William Daniels and Paula Prentiss. The film was adapted by David Giler, Lorenzo Semple Jr and an uncredited Robert Towne from the 1970 novel by Loren Singer. The story concerns a reporter's dangerous investigation into an obscure organization, the Parallax Corporation, whose primary, but not ostensible, enterprise is political assassination.
    The Parallax View is the second installment of Pakula's Political Paranoia trilogy, along with Klute (1971) and All the President's Men (1976). In addition to being the only film in the trilogy to not be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures,The Parallax View is also the only one of the three to not win, or be nominated for, an Academy Award.

2. Ghostworld

I don't know how accessible scribd is, so I'll just post the jpeg

[​IMG]

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

There's something about Futura Demibold that just says "1960s."

4. Ghostworld

Bingo! That was an easy font to match given the time frame!

5. Excuse me, sir: I would like to parallax, but is the address still valid?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.