NBC's PETER PAN LIVE (2014)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

Oh, god... there's no way this can be good, can it?

Based on what I saw on Sound of Music Live, I ain't hoping for much. I suspect many viewers will be watching just to see if the wires break on live TV.

Hey, at least some of the songs from the musical were good. But I'm bracing myself on how they're gonna change it for 2014. Some of it was not exactly politically correct...

Benno123 likes this.
  2. Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai Forum Resident

" Five long years, he wore this clock up his ass, tick-tock, tick-tock."

billdcat and Solaris like this.
  3. Vidiot

New lyrics for 2014!

I hope the sound isn't as godawful as it was for Sound of Music... which should have been called "the sound of bad air conditioning in a Long Island warehouse," because that's what it really was.

4. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

^^^^^^^No kidding!

I hold out little (read: no) hope for this one.

5. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

That would be the only reason for me to watch!

Benno123 likes this.
  6. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I think people will watch for the novelty of Walken dressed as Hook and singing.

7. Vidiot

Who's in the dog suit playing Hannah? Will the Darling family adopt all the lost boys at the end of the snow? Will they be speaking the King's English or some American slang?

8. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

It can't be as bad as "Hook".

9. john greenwood

john greenwood Senior Member

We want CARRIE - THE MUSICAL for Christmas!

10. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I'll take a look, but not holding out any hope.

11. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Why assume it's going to be bad? I love the Mary Martin version. Hopefully this will be a faithful recreation. I think it 's great that they are doing this kind of thing again.

sparkydog likes this.
  12. Vidiot

I'm all for live TV and big productions, especially one with this degree of difficulty. But based on what we saw with The Sound of Music (produced by the same people in the same studio), I ain't hoping for much. Still... the last one got great ratings, and it's much better than another episode of Honey Boo-Boo.

chacha and GuildX700 like this.
  13. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

How does Allison Williams get the lead role? Of all of the singers/dancers/actresses...

14. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Yes it's odd. I thought Carrie was a poor choice for Sound of Music as well but she obviously brought in viewers. I saw Brian her dad on Letterman saying that Allison has been obsessed with this musical since she was a baby so at least that's a positive.

zebop likes this.
  15. music4life

music4life Senior Member

Something Ive always wondered. Why is it that a female always plays "Peter Pan"?

16. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

It's because their femininity is better able to get across the fact that Peter is eternally a pre-pubecent boy.

17. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Allison Williams is still more masculine than any member of No Direction.

18. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

As opposed to actually having a... y'know....boy play the part.

19. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Neil Patrick Harris.:laugh:

goodiesguy and bluesbro like this.
  20. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Brian Williams yields entirely too much power over at NBC.

Anyone who watches the NBC Nightly News can see this. Even though it regularly ranks in 1st place (based on the recent shuffling of anchors over at CBS and ABC, and NBC is simply just in more homes than ABC or CBS), NBC Nightly News, at least when Brian is hosting, is nothing more than a show to cater to his interests. I have been watching the show since about 1992, back when Tom Brokaw anchored, and it is a hot mess. Unless there has been a terror attack on the U.S. or someone has been assassinated, the lead story is always the weather. BUT, only if it is weather that threatens the east coast states, you know, the IMPORTANT states. He literally had the gall to have the weather as the lead story when there was a possibility the Labor Day weekend would be rained out all along the eastern seaboard. He actually referenced people's vacation plans being scuttled by this....RAIN front.

Brian also keeps reporters around that do little useful reporting. Anne Thompson, a long-time reporter (re: old) is the Chief Environmental Affairs Correspondent at NBC. Know what she reports on mostly? The Pope. When the switch over from Pope Benedict to Pope Francis occurred, she spent 6 weeks in Italy waiting for the new pope to be chosen. Almost every other day she debuted a new jacket, unless of course she brought 30 different blazers with her. What's it cost to keep a reporter over in Italy for six weeks? Plus a camera crew? This past summer when wild fires were out of control in California and Oregon, did NBC send their Chief Environmental Affairs Correspondent to cover the burned down forests and loss of wildlife? Nope. Anne Thompson was reporting on the pope. All summer. Remember all that pope news this past summer? Neither do I. And during the BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico, Anne was brave enough to tackle the untold stories of the seafood restaurants, hotels, and sightseeing boats that were affected by the loss of tourism. During that same night of her report, I switched over to CBS and they had a reporter on the beach struggling to deal with seeing so much wildlife dying in front of him. An image a CBS reporter took of a crane covered in oil later became a Time Magazine cover. Meanwhile, Anne Thompson was dining on seafood while talking with a restaurant owner. Poor restaurant owner. Brave Anne. Brian also recently promoted newsperson Chris Jansing to be the Senior Correspondent at The White House, stepping over several other correspondents who have been covering the White House on the weekends for years. Know what Jansing's previous experience was? Covering the Olympics. You just gotta reward your friends. And Brian is especially "tight" with Chief Medical Editor Dr. Nancy Snyderman. You know, the NBC health reporter who brought back ebola with her news crew and defied a quarantine so she could go get some soup from a restaurant in New Jersey? She still has her job.

And every broadcast has at least ONE dog story, ONE "The airlines suck." story and ONE "President Kennedy's White House Milk Man Died Today." story. His news is directed at people like...Brian Williams. White, upper class East Coast male boomers who think their generation was/is the best and only want to hear the news tailored to them.

AND, he is obsessed with the tri-state area (New York/New Jersey/Connecticut). About a year or so after Hurricane Sandy, there was a small fire on the Jersey Shore boardwalk which burned down a taffy stand or something. ONE BUSINESS was affected, due to faulty wiring. ONE. Brian broadcasted LIVE that evening from the boardwalk to cover that horrible tragedy in depth. However, when the police shooting in Ferguson, Missouri occurred this past August, Brian flew down for ONE day's coverage of the unfolding event...five days after it occurred. As if someone at NBC demanded, "Get your butt down there, Williams!" and he reluctantly agreed.

How did Allison Williams get the lead role in Peter Pan? I guess she's just that talented.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    905, ex_mixer, Paul J and 11 others like this.
  21. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

Heh heh Still laughing :D

I think I got my answer :D Totally agree about Brian Williams.

22. john greenwood

john greenwood Senior Member

music4life likes this.
  23. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

well dissected MekkaGodzilla..thank god you watch so I don't have to.

Also BriWi thinks he's hilarious

Benno123 likes this.
  24. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Good, wholesome family entertainment. I'm all for it!

25. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Well, I'm glad it wasn't because she looked good in a skirt and heels.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.