Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 14)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by hodgo, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadMelMon

MadMelMon Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Top row, L to R:

- VIntage Roky Erickson one-sheet for The Interpreter 7" (gift from wife)
    - The Man Who Fell To Earth LaserVideoDisc, received in exchange for a somewhat beat up copy of a mono US Rubber Soul (I had six, now I have five)
    - Row o' Blu-Rays
    - Bass trap

Middle row, L to R:

- Sansui AU 555 amp
    - Sony BDP-S270 Blu-Ray player
    - Technics RS-TR 170 dual cassette deck, received in exchange for a Devo ticket a few months ago. Used exactly twice to digitize a couple of tapes from high school.
    - Technics SL - D2 with an Audio Technica AT440MLA and a broken dust cover as of yesterday (replacement on the way)
    - One (1) thoroughly befuddled Willie Nelson doll

Bottom row, L to R:

- Extra copy of Cheap Trick at Budokan (VG/VG)
    - Extra copy of Roxy Music's debut, rescued from the $1 bin at End of an Ear (VG/G+)
    - Now playing (+/- 50 records)
    - Stack o' 7"

[​IMG]

- ADS L780 speakers
    - Grey fuzzy blankets from Ikea covering bass traps consisting of surprisingly effective bricks of insulation made from recycled newspapers
    - Ugly and random bits of acoustic foam gifted by a friend, covered with bleached burlap
    - Screen for watching old movies with people talking in languages I don't speak (me) and 90s thrillers starring Sharon Stone and/or Mickey Rourke (wife)

2. WadeB

WadeB Forum Resident

Modest collection and very modest system, but I love my music.
    [​IMG]

KidZ, Johnny Vinyl, Miche and 18 others like this.
  3. deniall

deniall Well-Known Member

Got some new shots of my gear..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

barfko, richie60, Miche and 30 others like this.
  4. ehtoo

ehtoo Forum Resident

You gotta love that cabinet. Gorgeous. Is that a vacuum tube on display there?

Doctorcilantro likes this.
  5. RhodesSupremacy

RhodesSupremacy Forum Resident

Moved recently, hence the mess.

[​IMG]

Miche, Johnny Vinyl, arar and 7 others like this.
  6. Akapaz

Akapaz Forum Resident

I needed some "art" on that big empty wall so I ordered myself som alu prints. There's also a lot more space for records in the shelf to the right, better do something about that during the cold winter

[​IMG]

7. Mogens

Mogens Forum Resident

Quick question for those of you who have a turntable on a shelf that is enclosed on top. What is a comfortable minimum vertical dimension for the shelf space? I'm designing a hi-fi cabinet for myself and want explore the ergonomics a little.

8. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

Loving that minimalistic look. Shelves soon get filled up with records, believe me.

artfromtex likes this.
  9. Colin M

Colin M Forum Resident

Pretty much defined by the dust cover, for me ... hinged will require a minimum of the depth of the plinth plus the height of the cover, lift off probably about four times the covers height.

Mogens likes this.
  10. matteos

matteos Stereotype

11. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Just moved my RP6 to the Rega TT wall mount. No lava lamp yet.

thxphotog, jon9091, arar and 13 others like this.
  12. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

Nice line up, there. Ntotrar.

13. Shiver

Shiver Forum Resident

Love those walls

14. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

Very nice!

15. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Ok I know I just posted some shots of my Rega TT wall mount. Today with some help from my Wife and Son I removed the tall table and brought my steel audio rack back into the music room. Added my Mac mini server. The off center placement of the TT mount (planned) payed off with room for the computer monitor. The rack itself is centered on the wall. Having the TT off to the right keeps the cart well away from electrical nastiness. No lava lamp yet, I need a couch![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

16. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

I was going to say this reminds me of a style of antique white furniture from Sweden, but I see you are in Norway, so it must be a Scandinavian thing- very clean, spare, lovely!

PROG U.K. likes this.
  17. SR-71Panorama

SR-71Panorama Active Member

[​IMG]

[BIG]

Built 3/4" all-baltic birch ply speaker stands (20"x30") with 2x6" stud internal box frames.
    3 layers of neoprene rubber between them and the speakers.
    Equilateral triangle midfield listening position adjustment.

I've switched out my XA5400ES for a Resonessence Mirus dac.
    Switched out a tube preamp/headphone amp for a passive balanced goldpoint attenuator.
    All in a quest to get the lowest noise floor possible, while favoring a neutral & linear setup.
    Both of these moves were seismic improvements to my ears.
    I know many dont like passive preamps, but it sounds perfect to me.

The Sony was getting pretty old and a bit noisy on occasion, so I've added a Bel Canto CD3t for redbook transport via AES/EBU to the dac.
    A great thing about this dac is I can play DSD and 192khz Flac off a 256gb SDXC card. No noisy computer to deal with.

In short, I'm getting the best sound I've ever had.

This dac is just bonkers good.

dat56, Miche, ubiknik and 13 others like this.
  18. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

ATCs! My kind of speakers. Are those the SCM 100s or 150s? I take it they're active too, true? :cool:

19. SR-71Panorama

SR-71Panorama Active Member

ATC SCM150ASL. Active, yes. Magic.

I posted once before, but the rig is basically completely different now.

motorcitydave likes this.
  20. avbuff

avbuff Forum Resident

A minimalist I'm not. Unfortunately, my small space dictates that I use all available real estate, therefore
    it's a bit cluttered. Really no complaints though, being that it is a dedicated music room. I recently purged
    a few components, and eliminated a three shelf rack, so what you see is my new two channel set-up:

[​IMG]
    Aerial View, Center Rack top to bottom: 1) Modified Rega Planar2; 2) Little Dot II++ Headphone Amp,
    AR TDS Sound Enhancer, Adcom GFP 565 Preamp; 3) Emotiva ERC-1 CD Player, Emotiva XDA-2 DAC;
    4) Nakamichi DR-3 Cassette Deck; 5) Belkin PureAV PF60 Power Console; Forefront: Emotiva XPA-2
    Power Amp (A Beast!); Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-4 GenII; Anti-Cable Speaker Wire, Morrow Audio
    and AQ Interconnects; 20A Dedicated Service. To the left is a custom assembled Ikea Lack Table Shelf
    supporting a Denon DP-750 TT with ADC LMF-1 Arm, Denon DCM-280 CD Player, and a B&K ST-140
    Power Amp.
    All four walls have shelving for different formats (LP, CD, SACD, DVD-A, Cassette). I have also ripped
    my CDs Lossless to an external hard drive (Mac is off camera), and that is connected to the Emotiva DAC
    via USB.
    I use a wireless router with extender to feed my Oppo 103 and LG Bluray players that source my home
    theater set-up in the Living Room, and that allows me to stream Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, etc.
    I am very fortunate with lots and lots of options to soothe the savage breast.

I attempted to insert additional images, but a glitch will not allow me to do so regardless of repeated
    effort.

barfko, rocnred, Ilovefooty and 17 others like this.
  21. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

Nice to see a fellow Adcom GFP 565 user. I really like the phono section.

hi_watt likes this.
  22. avbuff

avbuff Forum Resident

Good Morning Mr. Mudd:
    Yes, the phono section is fabulous - the added bonus to this pre is it's flexibility with a plethora of inputs and outputs.
    In it's day (maybe even today), a tough act to follow.

23. Akapaz

Akapaz Forum Resident

Finaly got my Canton's up and running!

[​IMG]

24. inperson

inperson Senior Member

Your place and set up are so nice. In fact I looked up Sørreisa, Norway on the map just to see if the view outside the window was equally nice. Appears to be :righton:

arar, artfromtex and Akapaz like this.
  25. avbuff

avbuff Forum Resident

Striking! :love:

Akapaz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.