Neil Young Official Release Series 5-8

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fourfeathers, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

The usual people working with Neil was involved in the digital remastering: Tim Mulligan, John Nowland and David Briggs himself. I'm fine with their work. By the way everything can be improved. But I'm still waiting for the complete remastering of 70's albums...

qtrules likes this.
  2. JackD.

JackD. New Member

Amazon DE, UK, FR and IT have it in stock now...very strange. No idea if this is a new version or if they are allowed to ship stock from April now. So maybe no quality control issues but just a delay for other reasons?

I placed my order.

3. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

This is a very interesting turn of events. I only paid 126 pounds for it from the third party seller months ago. These have got to be last Aprils batch if they are available in Europe and I think this must mean that the ones some of us bought are from this same batch so this makes me feel better. Good grief!

4. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

everything.

top 5 neil for me.

davers likes this.
  5. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

"the bridge" isn't on archives.

highway likes this.
  6. Heart of Gold

A demo version from the Island studios didn't make the cut.

7. Heart of Gold

On Amazon it's 192 euros!

8. Graham

Graham Senior Member

It looks like the same snuck-out-the-back-door copies some of us bought a few months ago. £187 on Amazon UK with no cover art pictured is enough to signal this.

Incidentally, I paid £125 (which was refunded through a bizarre series of events - see upstream) at the time.mid expect this to be circa £100 when it comes out in a proper capacity next month.

9. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

But I already HAVE a vinyl copy of Time Fades Away Neil. And it's so old and played that I can almost see through it .

Where's my remastered CD? :)

qtrules, TheiPodAvenger and stef1205 like this.
  10. JackD.

JackD. New Member

I'll keep it sealed and return it in case a proper or cheaper version is released.

Could someone summarize aspects of the "snuck-out"-copies? Which problems did they have? Pressing and sound qualtiy consistently great?

Important edit: Copies are sold via Amazon itself. I'm sure Amazon wouldn't sell grey market or bootlegged copies. If they are actually going to send it.

11. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

would have loved to hear that..! is it "out there"?

12. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Amazon sells a lot of grey era releases.

13. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Wow , 230 euro's !!! That's $ 292 or 182 UK pounds. They must be mad :cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:

14. JackD.

JackD. New Member

Got mine from Amazon today. It's the same box we've seen before.

There is NO WAY this is a bootleg. This is the real deal, which was pulled due to the typo and the bad manufacturing on TNTN. Not glued properly. Easily fixable.

There is way too much love for details for a bootleg. Nobody would be able or willing to do that in order to make money on a grey or black market.

My box set was damaged on the outside for unknown reasons. Dealt with Amazon and got a huge discount. Payed ~100€ in the end. I don't care much about the box. So I got 4 LPs with perfect pressing quality and nice jacket and inlays for a reaonable price. I'm happy! :)

Jos79 and Gabe Walters like this.
  15. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

I have a mint shape copy of Time Fades Away & the other ones. I'm done with Neil.

TommyTunes likes this.
  16. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I want this on CD soon, Neil. Understood? :waiting:

17. tzatziki

tzatziki Active Member

looks like the list price for this on Record Story Day is $158.

I emailed Music Direct to see if they would have any for sale - either as box or single LPs down the line - and this was their response.

Unfortunately, since we are not a brick and mortar store, we are not able to participate in Record Store Day. We are only able to get items that are “Black Friday First” releases. Additionally, it does not appear that those titles are being released individually. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Seems weird that these remasters would not get a wider release, but maybe they are holding off on an announcement.

18. Rockinrob

Rockinrob Forum Resident

This is exactly how it went down last time, only there was a companion gold CD box.

I am fully confident that either for the christmas season, or by Q2 next year, these will be released individually on vinyl and CD, and probably hi def digital.

Archives #2 will probably be next year around this time (this is pure speculation, but it follows marketing logic and what happened last time).

19. Keep an eye on this site: http://www.vvinyl.com/v/neil-young-official-release-series-5-8/5613

I was able to get RSD items from them before that they made available to purchase online and that my local store in Canada could not get. I don't know if they will get this one, or be able to put one online, but worth checking out closer to the date.

20. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

Actually, for Archives #1 the individual albums were released after the box set was released.

NimCain likes this.
  21. Satrus

Satrus Forum Resident

I just received an e-mail from my local vinyl dealer/record store and the price for this is €140.00. At that price, I will buy it. On a matter of principle, I would completely rule out purchasing this set at the prices quoted in your post. €140.00 is steep enough in some respects but it's about the same as the price of the first series, so I'm in for this!

22. Bryce

Bryce I drank what?

Any links for U.S. preorders?

23. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

140 euro that's a "normal"price. I will phone my recordshop to ask them.

24. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

Were these not supposed to be all analog?

25. Heart of Gold

[Q UOTE ="Nielsoe, post: 11366729, member: 48265"]Were these not supposed to be all analog?[/QUOTE]
    My post was about the Trans cd master.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.