Venus & Mars Deluxe McCartney Archive

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Arnold Grove, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. somebodywhocares

somebodywhocares Forum Resident

So will the single with "Venus & Mars" be "V&M/Rock Show" as listed on the sticker, or "Letting Go" as strangely picture with "Speed of Sound"? The intrigue builds.

2. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

you weren't kidding. this is a really poor sounding track.

3. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Good point! I didn't even catch that.

4. supermd

supermd Senior Member

To those who already have the new remasters, I have a question: the DCC of V&M doesn't decrease in volume when it goes from "Venus and Mars" to "Rock Show." It lets RS come in loud and powerful. How does this new remaster handle this?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  5. supermolland

supermolland Senior Member

Not compression. They just lowered the volume.

6. Batears52

Batears52 Senior Member

Just wondering....

Does anyone know how many McCartney Archive Collection titles Best Buy has done "exclusives" on?

I have the BB versions of Band On The Run and Wings Over America. Were there any others?

7. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Sorry; that's what I meant.

8. somebodywhocares

somebodywhocares Forum Resident

That's it. Nothing for McCartney, McCartney II or Ram.

9. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

I recall this being mentioned a few pages back - I believe the volume dip is gone. Whether its been corrected or they've used uncompressed masters I do not yet know.

supermd likes this.
  10. JimC

JimC Senior Member

Probably mentioned, but I just noticed the books have changed. I liked the colored large border layout with the album cover centered.

Yorick likes this.
  11. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I must have missed that. Thanks!

12. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

Neither have I, Mazzy. But if I knew that lovely lot was winging its way to me, I would not be able to able to keep it to myself.

I have to wait til Tuesday for Bob & Monday for Macca. Just getting V&M vinyl(nearly ordered deluxe, might still do after reading reports) also SOS on CD.

I have thrashed my credit card with Vinyl & 6CD Bob.

Also other stuff on its way

PassionPlay likes this.
  13. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

Is there room for me?

14. JDeanB

JDeanB Senior Member

I was in a restaurant in Chicago last night and heard "Smile Away". Now that was a (nice) surprise.

Yorick and supermd like this.
  15. winojunko76

winojunko76 Forum Resident

Hopefully somebody will do an Unboxing video :)

16. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

Real surprise! Nice.

JDeanB likes this.
  17. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

My order for the 2 deluxe editions is not showing as shipped yet by Amazon Canada (shipping to the UK)

Anyone had confirmation yet that Amazon Canada have shipped their deluxe editions?

18. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Picked up both McCartney Deluxe's and The Basement Tapes deluxe today from my local Mom and Pop store.......and I am stuck at work for the foreseeable future! They'll have to wait until tomorrow.......ARRRGH!

19. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

A few more photos to wet the appetite ...
    Amazing sets, can't wait for Tug of War/Pipes of Peace!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

qtrules likes this.
  20. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

21. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

The books look gorgeous. I'm still sticking with the 2CD versions, but I can't deny their allure. I'm also stuck because I ordered these and the new Bob set as a pre-order along with the new Pink Floyd album, which means I have another week before things can ship.

22. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Dear God:
    Please deny our friend Sean's wish to see Broad Street sinfully added to Tug of War and Pipes of Peace.
    You, the all knowing deity and creator of all creatures and good things in general know better than anyone that placing Broad Street anywhere near Tug of War is a violation of your 11th commandment : Thou shall not place crap anywhere in the vicinity of aural beauty, lest it offends the ears and cheapens the senses.

Having ONE mediocre album like Pipes of Peace near Tug Of War already verges on Satanism IMO, but as you, the All Knowing... mysteriously let Paul create a good album and a dud in the same sessions, it's not for me to judge while I'm here on earth, so yes, Pipes Of Peace must be packaged with Tug of War. Amen.

P.S. But please don't smote Sean with fire or anything for promoting his heathen, vile trilogy.

:D

23. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

It's a standard business principle, known in the industry as "Lewisohn Scheduling. "

mindgames likes this.
  24. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Something tells me I won't be selling my DCC's of SOS and V&M. They're already 3-0 against the previous Concordes.

sonnyrock likes this.
  25. winojunko76

winojunko76 Forum Resident

CCMusic said I should get mine on or before November 13th. Is that because I chose 3-10 day shipping? I would imagine if they shipped it Monday or Tuesday I'd get it next week sometime as I live in Missouri and they're based in ILL I believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.