AUSTRALIANS (or anyone else!) have you tried OZ MADE Melody Mate Vinyl cleaning solution?

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by imarcq, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley... Thread Starter

I just purchased some vinyl LP cleaning solution that has been getting rave reviews. Its made in Australia with 100% Aussie solution. Apparently, after getting a mention on Stereonet they recently sold out. I've just ordered some to try, but wondered if anyone here in Oz have already tried it? Or even overseas?

I've no link to the company btw, but if they are as good as they claim then it might be a viable option for AUSTRALIAN based vinyl fans! They offer free AUSTRALIAN shipping, or reduced price collection from Melbourne.

http://www.melodymatesolutions.com/about.html

2. imarcq

Lol. Looks like it's only me then. I'll report back when I've tried it out...

3. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

So ..you didn't report back!
    I just purchased some and it's staggering how much better this is working than Disc Doctor Miracle Cleaner for me. AND, no rinsing required!!
    Seriously, I even had distortion on some records I thought was groove damage completely disappear, must have been heavily embedded junk in the groove. Surface noise vastly reduced, to the point of near elimination on a few. Pops and clicks way improved.
    I have Been using 4 squirts or so,spreading round with a quick very light scrub (disc doctor brush),then vac off. I think 6 squirts might be the optimum.

imarcq likes this.
  4. imarcq

Sorry! But nobody responded to my post with any interest. I did speak very highly of it in the Listening to on Vinyl thread very recently though. I had really great results with this although I used a slightly different technique. I did a hand wash with a few squirts on each side and used a microfibre cloth to work the solution in to the grooves. And then I rinsed afterwards with distilled water spray and let dry. It dried perfectly with no stains or marks. Apparently they did their own tests using a microscope and the grooves were clean without a rinse. But I liked to rinse. I did notice the price went up recently too. And now I've moved to UK, when my stock runs out I'll be stuck! :( but glad you got a great result too! :)

5. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

imarcq,

You say your scrubbing? I havent been doing this. Just spreading it evenly, then vacuuming straight off, as per what it says on the bottle. Still get results.
    Going to try more vigorous scrubbing and see what happens.
    The instructions do say to get it off after 10 seconds. I presume you leave it on longer than this given your method you described above?
    thanks.

6. imarcq

Well no. Not vigorous scrubbing. I use special plastic handles (dent pullers - see eBay) to totally cover the labels, then I coat each side generously and gently work the solution into the grooves with the microfibre cloth. I'd guess about a minutes worth but that would vary according to the discs condition. I then force rinse off with a hand gardening type spray of distilled water. This is how I have always done it, using a variety of cleaning solutions. But I don't use a vacuum, the rinse from the spray pretty much forces off any debris. But everyone has their own methods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.