Cult Movie Trailer Voiceover Artist?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by audiodrome, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member Thread Starter

Does anyone know who did the voiceover for this movie trailer?

I've heard his voice on numerous sleaze/gore B-movie trailers from the late '60s/early '70s.

2. audiodrome

No one, huh? He also did a radio ad/trailer for the 1967 film, The Hallucination Generation.

3. aussievinyl

aussievinyl Appreciator Of Creative Expression

You could send a query to the guy who runs the DVD SAVANT website and writes the great reviews, Glenn Erickson. He may know. Also the thread name looks like an indie band's song title - had to add that.

4. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

Sounds like the same guy used by ABC or NBC in the early '80s to do voiceover work.

5. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

Head on over to Joe Dante's "Trailers From Hell" - hit the "Community" button and someone will chime in with the right answer - you'll most likely be answered by a noted filmmaker if not by Joe himself.

http://trailersfromhell.com/

Jeff

6. audiodrome

I think it might be BURT TOPPER. I was just listening to "Pot Party" from Teenage Rebellion (1967) and he is credited as the narrator for this movie.

The voices sound identical to me and as it turns out Burt Topper was an in-house producer for American International Pictures so it's possible that he did the some of their trailer voiceovers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.