QRP releasing Beatles Red, Blue, Love, and 1 on 180g vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Billy Budapest, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

I can't help thinking that if these new releases were going to be from analogue QRP would be shouting it from the rooftops......

Remember the build up to the Mono Box Set.....one thing that was uppermost in any advertising was that it was all analogue.

Use_Your_Koala and groovelocked like this.
  2. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

Would be sweet if they were on red and blue vinyl...

:D

3. Billy Budapest

Billy Budapest Forum "Member" Thread Starter

True. Still, I'm not going to jump to any conclusions until I hear or see something definitive.

4. Billy Budapest

Billy Budapest Forum "Member" Thread Starter

I just PM'ed Michael Fremer and asked him if he knows anything and, if so, whether he is at liberty to say.

hi_watt likes this.
  5. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

If that turns out to be the case I will be all over these.

6. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

If these albums sound anything like QRPs pressing of Tommy, I would be very happy.

goat65cars likes this.
  7. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

... wow.

8. RingoStarr39

RingoStarr39 Forum Resident

Hmm...people generally weren't complaining when Weird Scenes Inside the Goldmine was reissued on vinyl from a digital source.
    How are these really any different? Considering they're being pressed by a good company, who cares if they're digital or analog?

ggergm and Mazzy like this.
  9. Strange post. Lots of people want a hits album. 1 is not easily available on vinyl. Not everyone wants the entire catalog

10. And Goldmine sounds great.

Jamie Aces likes this.
  11. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

you didn't read the first sentence you quoted

12. marcb

marcb Senior Member

My read is that QRP is simply being contracted to do the plating and pressing; it's not like it's going to be an Analogue Productions release. They'll plate and press from whatever source they're being provided (and my guess is they'll be the same digital files from which the earlier vinyl was derived). I suspect this is Universal simply trying to avoid the debacle of the Rainbo pressings (and/or they negotiated a good price with QRP).

Cassius and Simon A like this.
  13. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

That makes sense. It's probably the most likely scenario.

14. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Queens Park Rangers?

15. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Complete speculation on my part, but for Red, Blue and 1, if they WERE to be analog, they would have to be copies of the masters like what was done with Mono Masters to compile the cutting reels. In that case, it doesn't seem that far fetched that these could be analog sourced.

Maybe even done while Sean was doing the mono set?

The betting man in me says no way, but that mono box sure surprised the heck out of me when it was announced.

16. Jason Michael

Jason Michael Senior Member

I have them on red and blue vinyl.
    Not QRP, though...

17. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

I don't think you'll see that, however with the upcoming Ron Howard film dedicated to the Beatles live performances, I would think we will see a live album release based around the content of the film.

Simon A likes this.
  18. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

This is exactly what I'd assume. At least they are going with a quality plant. I hope more and more use QRP and it seems that is the case.

As far as digital sources, the Love lp was one of my first lps purchases 5 years ago and what made dig deeper into the Beatles. I was amazed at the sound quality initially but since have become an analog(ue) snob...:D

The wife and I used to get tipsy and dance to it. So it has a special place in my heart. I still pull it out occasionally but I'm loving the AAA Mono Box so much right now!

19. ToEhrIsHuman

ToEhrIsHuman Forum Resident

'LOVE' should have included the unused bonus tracks that were available on iTunes. That would have made it an instant purchase on vinyl for me.

Sort of amusing that they still have copies of the original 'LOVE' LP release available from Acoustic Sounds for almost the same price.

20. Bob M.

Bob M. Forum Resident

According to AS website the Red and Blue are ".. cut from the original analog masters"

21. Remy

Remy Forum Resident

Crap! I'm going to own more versions of the same thing (only sounding slightly different). Arrrrrgh!

Bob M. likes this.
  22. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

Got another $100.00 of my money

Bob M. likes this.
  23. While when I was a kid I bought the Red and Blue albums, it was because it collected some songs that weren't necessarily available in the same configuration/sound, etc. Why anyone would spent more money on Beatles stuff if you have all their albums at this point is beyond me. There are other great bands to spend money on but, well, that's me I suppose.

24. How many of these same ****ing threads do we need? I'm a Beatles freak and collector but I'd love a three Month moratorium on this band.

Simon A likes this.
  25. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

Just don't push the mouse button and go to the next thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.