CSNY '74 Tour CD/DVD/Blu-Ray (Part 3, Carry On...)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Spaceman

The Spaceman Forum Resident

Neil Young would probably sign over top Crosby's autograph.

#OneOccupation likes this.
  2. #OneOccupation

#OneOccupation Well-Known Member

We are awaiting the shipment of the Coffee Table Book, and Custom-made Laser Etched Maple Wood Box, and Maple Wood Vinyl folder. We received an updated final production schedule from the company overseas, which we’ve copied below.

[​IMG]
    As you can see from the schedule, the final pieces will be shipped on December 18 to us and will arrive within 6 days.

3. August1954

August1954 Forum Resident

Looking good for a delivery early in 2015 (better late than never). Now to pick out a suitable spot in the Man Cave to hang the signed print, after I've framed it of course.

I notice that the signed print is available to all purchasers of the boxed set so I wonder how long it will now take to sell out.

4. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Where did you see that?

(PS - I'm envious of those of you that have the Deluxe Wooden Box heading their way - such a cool package, and especially to have the booklet in a more browse-able format!)

5. #OneOccupation

#OneOccupation Well-Known Member

Those of us who purchased it are receiving updates on its delivery status

6. August1954

August1954 Forum Resident

What OneOccupation said plus see link:

http://www.csnylimited.com/

Signed print now part of the package.

#OneOccupation likes this.
  7. Kelv2014

Kelv2014 Member

In terms of the archive releases mentioned earlier in this thread understand the reason so many questionable FM recordings are appearing as legit releases on Amazon is a new EU copyright law. Some of the comments on Amazon mention it is because of a new 2013 law with the EU that any radio broadcast from outside the EU can be sold but I can't seem to get anywhere with a search for that law. Interesting that some of the Beatles material is hitting fifty years old and the new copyright law extends coverage to seventy years but with some loopholes that are being used for the FM releases. If you look on Amazon there are some very interesting Joni Mitchell, David Crosby, original Byrds (oddly, a copyright performance for the name) and Stephen Stills live performance releases that are ROIO. Given the age of some of these recordings it is doubtful they are first generation recordings and almost all of them I'm sure are cassette or reel to reel. Compressed sound quality and low volume are almost always mentioned in the comments of these recordings that people have bought and are reviewing. Buyer should certainly beware on these recordings and maybe a legal eagle should expand on this and maybe include comments on the song copyrights in addition to the recording copyright since they seem to go hand and hand with live recordings.

8. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

Sorry if this topic has been covered (big thread), but has anyone noticed anything strange with the backing vocals on "Pushed It Over The End". Sounds digital, like they autotuned it. It's very apparent on earphones. The "Italian box set" version is still the go-to version, then.

JoeRockhead likes this.
  9. The Spaceman

The Spaceman Forum Resident

Nope. Autotuned vocals don't sound like that.

10. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

I thought the same thing.

dino77 likes this.
  11. Nick Dunning

Nick Dunning Forum Resident

Yes - it's a better performance. The box set is Wembley, the Italian 12" is Chicago.

I expect it will see full release on 'Archives 2', but don't wait up.

Heart of Gold likes this.
  12. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

There is digital artifact on my Suite: Judy Blue Eyes, blu ray

dino77 likes this.
  13. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

I think it's just off-key backing vocals especially towards the end, probably sharing a mic and unable to isolate to fix or mix properly. Last chorus sounds AWFUL. For me, this is still the finest version of the song.

14. 007james

007james Forum Resident

I like what I've heard so far but when i got to the 17th song and realized i was less than half finished i stopped at 20 and will continue with the rest at some other point....

15. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

I beg to differ. It sounds like they used to some kind of plug-in to alter the pitch - the giveaway is the harsh, metallic, digital quality. No way it sounds like that on the 1974 multitrack. If not autotune, they did some kind of fixing in protools. But you need headphones to really hear it.

JoeRockhead likes this.
  16. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

Have you tried to compare it with the available Wembley video bootleg?

dino77 likes this.
  17. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

There're probably a lot of digital edits between the takes which we don't know.

18. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

Good idea - will dig it up and have a comparison.

19. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Speaking of the Wembley video bootleg, is it still up on youtube or deleted? I was trying to locate it.

20. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

You'll find it if you google Csny and Wembley :)

21. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Found one that was about 35 mins long, not the 3 hr full video like the one on youtube before the CSNY 74 new box set came out.

dino77 likes this.
  22. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

That's a shame. Watching a "traders edition" now...a bit uncomfortable with the four of them seemingly coked up and high on themselves. And why not throw in Joni to complete the confusion :).

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  23. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

I checked against the wembley bootleg video audio. No 'digital artifact' sounds of course but pretty rough harmonies. It's towards the of the end of the set and Nash in particular is way off key on the final songs. Carry On is a true trainwreck.
    I don't think it's wrong to assume Nash & co did some pitch adjusting on the set. Last notes of Deja Vu have the same cold,digital sound.

Heart of Gold likes this.
  24. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Glad to hear that. My first impression on hearing it was exactly that--I still need to keep the Italian version. I don't care if Neil overdubbed the vocals later.

25. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Just curious as to the print. Has anyone received? Nice quality??

Clanceman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.