Cat Stevens

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jim T, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark ab

mark ab Forum Resident

The last 3 Cat Stevens album before his lengthy exile didn't seem to be available in the UK ITunes store but are there now: Numbers, Izitso & Back To Earth.
    Numbers in particular gets atrocious reviews & is the only one of the three I haven't heard, the couple of tracks on the Majikat Concert DVD sounded pretty good to me though!

2. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I love "Numbers!" :thumbsup:

mark ab, Starwanderer and Regandron like this.
  3. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I originally bought Tea For The Tillerman (on 8-track!) and immediately fell in love with his music. I bought everything of his after that.

Mr-Beagle likes this.
  4. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

Cat Stevens is great.

Starwanderer likes this.
  5. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

Much love for his music here.:cool:

When I was a kid I was into Hendrix, Django Reinhardt, Buddy Guy and such, a bit overboard on guitar music IMO.

I went over to a friends house one day, no one was home but him, we snuck into his big brother's room ( which was a very cool hippy pot head den) and he spun some Cat Stevens records for me, I was hooked and grateful. That day is froze in my mind to this day.

morinix likes this.
  6. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Not on the box set ! what is up with that ? !

7. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Amen Amen, brother! CD can truly be a great medium but it can also be turned into moose droppings. Glad you're enjoying the CDs, I'll have to check them out…I'll PM you my address so you can send them to me...;)

8. Scott S.

Scott S. lead singer for the best indie band on earth

Love Cat. Had his greatest hits on quadrophonic 8 track. :)

Peace Train is one of the most magical songs ever.

mark ab and GuildX700 like this.
  9. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

Huge Cat fan back in the day. This was my least favorite in his catalog. I'll have to go back and revisit it.

GuildX700 likes this.
  10. The love for Jensen here is interesting, considering other threads I've seen here and at CA where I've read lots of people say that his remasters are nowhere near as good as the AM+ versions. OTOH, he also did the 24/96 HDtracks version of Tillerman, which is one of my favorite "demonstration" downloads -- I only wish he/they would remaster the rest of the "classic" albums for high-res.

Incidentally, Yusuf/Cat has a new album out, Tell 'Em I'm Gone, which was supposed to be at HDtracks this past week, but hasn't shown up yet.

GuildX700 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.