Venus & Mars Deluxe McCartney Archive

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Arnold Grove, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batears52

Batears52 Senior Member

Thanks! (Still trying to decide whether to pick these up at Best Buy (& try to get get the 7" singles) or Wal-Mart. I still have promo singles of both songs.

2. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

The choice is obvious!

3. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Trumpet Man/Dapper Dan

Not sure if and when this discussed but are all of you aware of the Canadian release date for these being pushed back yet again? In my excitement after reading early receivers's comments on the sets here so far, I checked Amazon.ca to see if my order had been shipped--the sets now say "Preorder, to be released November 10"!!

When did this change happen? And is this a trend with Canadian physical releases lately or is it just me? The Run the Jewels 2 album came out last Monday in the States but won't hit Canadian shelves or online stores until this Tuesday. Now this? Has this been happening with anyone else in Canada's hotly anticipated upcoming releases?

4. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

The most important question, I feel, is what colour are the balls in the Venus and Mars title?

Bemagnus likes this.
  5. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Mine should arrive monday (and I have a day off). Hard to believe after such a wait they're finally here, but i'll believe it when I finally see them for myself!

6. I get my shipments in 2-3 days to the west coast from them after choosing standard

7. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Absolutely true- but the Coming-soon
    When they finally arrive- it s tine to dance the devil dance even it it was Hell to pay.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  8. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Having a day off on Monday is a sure fire way to guarantee they'll come on Tuesday!

Where did you order them from, BTW?

9. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Well, I have the week off in truth as it's 'reading week' (more like listening week in my case) but I ordered from Amazon UK. Not the greatest price in the world but I was going to get these sets anyway. These, plus the New Collectors edition (and Art of McCartney) will be all I'm buying myself for the rest of the year!

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  10. drmaynard

drmaynard Well-Known Member

Just drive over and pick them up yourself.

JimC likes this.
  11. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Yes, I've been hanging fire on Amazon since they listed them. They do seem OTT, price wise...

Amazon will either put them up to £88 on Tuesday or knock them down to £68!

What will you do if they rush release the next 2 Archives in December?!

12. JimC

JimC Senior Member

I'm in IL. Where are they located?

13. etcetera

etcetera Forum Resident

Fantastic sets, received today. Some minor mistakes, a boring Macca new interview made by Barry Miles BUT : nice Denny, Joe English & Tony Dorsey interviews, wonderful recording sessions photos, beautiful audio & video bonuses, magical packaging : A MUST FOR ANY MACCA FANS

Let's have some months to enjoy any parts of them , and then , another wait for a new mccartney Archives new adventure . Thanks to the great team around him : nice work done once again

Yorick, theMess, Isejingu and 5 others like this.
  14. Fivebyfive

Fivebyfive Forum Resident

What's so boring about the Macca interview? You mean it's nothing new?

I'm kind of intrigued that Barry Miles interviewed him. Maybe Paul IS planning on a sequel to Many Years From Now?

I'm also glad to see the band interviews, especially with Denny.

JDeanB likes this.
  15. somebodywhocares

somebodywhocares Forum Resident

Wow, is the Joe English interview new? If so, very cool. Wasn't expecting that.

16. etcetera

etcetera Forum Resident

Yes . The best fact inside this interview, he said that in late 1974, He lives for a while at Cavendish in a room, he wanted to put his clothes into the dressing, and his coat was next to Paul's pepper suit

17. tspit74

tspit74 Senior Member

Paul seems bored by the questions and doesn't seem terribly interested in flexing his brain to remember anything specific. Kind of, "I was there. We did it. It happened." Not much interest in giving details. Almost like the interview was an ambush while he was planting tomatoes in his garden. "I'm gardening and you want to hear about Wings? Okay... Yes, no, maybe, not really, could be, sometimes, never, you're welcome."

etcetera likes this.
  18. etcetera

etcetera Forum Resident

Macca said absolutely nothing new, and his memory seems to go away. He said that Let em in was written for Ringo ( I have an interview of him from 1976 which said the truth, and on the next page, you have a paper with lyrics of pure gold & let em in on the same page

Claudio Dirani and Yorick like this.
  19. etcetera

etcetera Forum Resident

No infos about Lennon & the origin of Venus and Mars ( which was given to me by a member of the team ). No photos of Paul & George at the venus and mars 1975 LA party ( no photos at all , except one of Professor Longhair live ) , sometimes Macca doesn't want to capitalise on his archives linked to the Beatles or ex Beatles . Linda took around 20 photos of John with or without Paul during the seventies : only one polaroid was published, the others ( gold for fans ) are still unseen . Perhaps for Tug of war, some will appear . Instead, we will have a lot of new stuff with Stevie and Jacko

Yorick, nicole21290 and theMess like this.
  20. etcetera

etcetera Forum Resident

Sorry : he said " was NOT written for Ringo "

21. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

They sent me a tracking number yesterday (friday)!

winojunko76 likes this.
  22. etcetera

etcetera Forum Resident

Once again, the team around these projects is brilliant ( ..... if they want to reduce the number of mistakes or to give more gold to the next less popular albums , you can contact etcetera ....humble proposition )

Yorick likes this.
  23. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

son of a gun...they are in Itasca!

JimC likes this.
  24. etcetera

etcetera Forum Resident

If you look at the situation for a fan before Roger came as macca manager in 2006 for instance. Any mccartney fan would dream of a near complete 3 DVDS collection of videos , 7 archive sets with demos and outtakes, tons of unseen photos, recording sessions infos and memos etc ....... We can't forget the luck we have . if you compare with the reissues of the Beatles albums .... Try to imagine the success and the buzz if a deluxe set for Pepper with the same quality than these, appear soon. They will sell a lot and will touch much more young fans than these boring mono reissues. A lot of my students ( 18 years old ) are discovering the mccartney 70's story thanks to the apple apps : for 9 dollars each, you have a deluxe digital set and , much more important, the access and the desire to discover this incredible versatile solo career of a genius, with his up and down. What a luck they have to discover this ...

jlf, Yorick, theMess and 6 others like this.
  25. backseat

backseat Italian translator - Paul McCartney's 'The Lyrics'

Back in 1976 Paul said: "It was half written with Ringo in mind"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.