Sonic Boom Toronto - merging it's two stores into one new location Oct 2014

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by eddiel, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member Thread Starter

Repeter13 likes this.
  2. Ryan Lux

Ryan Lux Senior Member

I'm just so glad we're not losing them.

3. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Thanks for the post. It would have been quite a shock if I went by the old location and it was gone! :eek:

eddiel likes this.
  4. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

YES thank you for the post, eddiel! I was just going to drive next week to the store. Sad about losing the Honest Ed's location as it was a great spot, but change is always good

5. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member Thread Starter

Their original spot on Bloor was great. Perfect location. Funnily enough, when they moved they actually got some new customers. I know one of the people who works there and they had people coming in asking how long they'd been around for not realising that previously it was just around the corner. :)

They did make the Honest Ed's site their own. Took a bit of work and tweaking but they got there in the end.

Good idea to merge the stores as well because their Bathurst St location had a lot of trouble keeping records in stock. A couple of times the new arrivals section was almost bare when I went.

6. uphoria6

uphoria6 Senior Member

That's too bad because having a record store on Bloor by Lee's Palace was great. I know that Kops is there now but I don't like Kops. Their prices are ridiculously jacked up on most things. When I hit the city I always hit Queen - Rotate This and now Good Music. I sometimes hit Neurotica but, again, prices too high. I will hit Bloor if I'm seeing a band at Lees and make a run to Soundscapes on College. I also like to hit Discovery Records waaayyy up Queen every few months and Vortex way up Yonge St on occasion. There are a lot of good stores in T.O.

7. Don Parkhurst

Don Parkhurst Forum Resident

I used to live two blocks from a Honest Ed's Warehouse back in the 80s/90s. I still go to Toronto on business and stay right downtown. I will be visiting Sonic Boom and of course, Dark Horse Espresso Bar when I'm in town!

8. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

Good choice on location, no visit Toronto is complete without going to Sonic Boom and Rotate This.

9. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

eddiel, Repeter13 and Adam9 like this.
  10. Repeter13

Repeter13 Forum Resident

If you're out by Soundscapes on College - you should check out June Records - it's two blocks west of there on the north side.

eddiel likes this.
  11. Ryan Lux

Ryan Lux Senior Member

Nice! Haven't had a chance to check out the new location yet.

12. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I was in the newly-relocated Sonic Boom just this week. It is indeed the
    nicest-looking store that they've had yet....just a few blocks from trendy
    Queen St. West. They are still sorting things out - a worker was building
    new shelves as I browsed. The `used CD new arrivals' section appears to
    have shrunk but that was a minor complaint. I picked up new discs by
    Velvet Underground and Pretty Things before splitting. Hopefully Sonic
    Boom will be there for a while....

Repeter13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.