RAJ Master Collection DIY discs

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RAJ717, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident Thread Starter

That's the one. In fact, I haven't heard it in a while. May have to drop that album into the car commute rotation. :)

Billy Budapest likes this.
  2. testikoff

testikoff Seasoned n00b

I hope your Rockshow DVD does not suffer from notorious bass cancellation problem... ;)

RAJ717 likes this.
  3. RAJ717

My 'Give My Regards To Broad Street' set includes 5 versions of the Playout Version but the highlight is the DVD mix of several songs. Some of them are much longer than the CD version.

[​IMG]

4. RAJ717

I got a defective one but sent it back and they sent me a replacement and it sounds AMAZING! I used the good one.

5. RAJ717

Everyone will have their own batch of "bonus tracks" for the Wings' Greatest CD. The extras I included were the songs I loved most as a kid growing up in the seventies that weren't on the original album (at least the songs that had been released by the time this set was issued). I still can't figure out why "Listen To What The Man Said" wasn't on the album as it was a no. 1 smash here in the U.S. What bonus tracks would be on yours?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  6. jacden

jacden Senior Member

RAJ717, I really like that font you're using for your tracklists. What's it called?

RAJ717 likes this.
  7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Macca Roman...

;) Arnie

Billy Budapest and RAJ717 like this.
  8. RAJ717

This one is called Tw Cen MT Condensed and I usually make the song titles in BOLD CAPS to make 'em stand out better.

jacden likes this.
  9. RAJ717

Here's a completely new concoction I made up of a so-called unreleased Paul album from 1987. It was right after Press To Play but before Flowers In The Dirt when he recorded nearly an albums worth of material but only releasing the "Once Upon A Long Ago" single from it. I actually enjoy this album but don't think it would have been too commercially well received. It's basically the Pizza And Fairy Tales stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. RAJ717

I've revised my Tug Of War compilation which now includes the promo edit of "The Girl Is Mine" which cuts the dialogue between Michael and Paul and has a longer fade-out. Also, I've decided to include the original mix of "My Old Friend" by Carl Perkins and Paul just because I like it better than the one that ultimately ended up on Carl's album some 14 years later. Lastly, I reordered the bonus tracks so that they play chronological as they were released. I am sure this track-list will change when the Archive Collection for it comes out in 2015...0r 2016...or 2017...

[​IMG]

11. RAJ717

And now I post a revised Pipes Of Peace that includes the old song "Blackpool" which was going to be the b-side of the never-issued single of "The Man" by Paul & Michael.

[​IMG]

12. RAJ717

Paul's Choba B CCCP. I love this album especially since all available songs from the sessions are in this single disc collection.

[​IMG]

13. jacden

jacden Senior Member

FWIW, "I'm In Love Again" has a verse edited out on the 1989 single. The full length version is on the 1991 CD of Choba B CCCP.

RAJ717 likes this.
  14. RAJ717

Thanx for the info jacden. That's what I love about this board...learn something new every day. :)

15. Some Capitol white label promo variations and edits for At the Speed of Sound:

Silly Love Songs (promo stereo edit)
    Let 'Em In (promo mono version)
    Let 'Em In (promo mono edit)
    Walking In the Park With Eloise (promo mono version)

I took the list from the DCC release of At the Speed of Sound. I don't know if the mono versions are dedicated mixes or fold downs.

In other words, I don't know if they would even be worth hunting down!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    RAJ717 likes this.
  16. d.s.l.

d.s.l. Forum Resident ^O;O^

@ RAJ717 - Thanks so much for sharing - these are all awesome!!!

RAJ717 and Billy Budapest like this.
  17. RAJ717

Another of my personal favorites, Flowers In The Dirt was one of those albums that I felt ALMOST pushed McCartney back into the pop chart discussion. "My Brave Face" was a great first single. Lots of alternate mixes and b-sides to bring together for this 2-CD compilation. Five versions of "Ou Est Le Soleil" alone! "New Moon Over Jamaica" w/Johnny Cash and "Same Love" are lost gems.

[​IMG]

d.s.l. likes this.
  18. RAJ717

1993's Off The Ground is almost the same 2-CD set as the Complete Works except that I add the 2 "Deliverance" dance mixes as well as the single mix of the title track. Oh, and I chose to edit out the F-bombs from "Big Boys Bickering" so that I can play it around the kids. Besides, who wants to hear Macca cussing like a 6th grader... I love several of the bonus tracks more than the album tunes.
    [​IMG]

19. christian42

christian42 Forum Resident

No, the RRS sessions began in March '72 (which is also when Mary was recorded). Nitpick, but there you go. :)

RAJ717 likes this.
  20. christian42

I wouldn't call "Same Love", "Don't Break the Promises", "Weep for Love" and "Maisie" unreleased - they've been released on different albums and singles later on in the game.

(And sorry about all these minor nitpicks, because I genuinely think you've done a very nice job with all these albums and the artwork too. Really cool!)

RAJ717 likes this.
  21. RAJ717

Maybe a better description than "unreleased gems" would have been "hard to find" or"underappreciated". ;-)

22. christian42

"Weep for Love" is certainly not underappreciated by me. In fact it's one of my favourite Wings tunes, and it's a shame almost no one has heard it. The other three I could take or leave. :)

23. RAJ717

Good catch! I will pobably move Mary to RRS and I saw another change. I prob
    Yeah, I may move "Mary Had A Little Lamb" to Red Rose Speedway. I also noticed that I probably should have had "The Great Cock And Seagull Race" on the Wild Life set instead of Ram. These compilations are not static so they're always changing. One day I may get 'em right. ;-)

24. RAJ717

My Flaming Pie compilation from 1997. A great album in my opinion. Several of the songs were very touching. Add to the mix that Linda was dying and you have an emotional classic.

[​IMG]

25. RAJ717

Jumping off the McCartney bandwagon for a moment, here's my own personal compilation of John Lennon's last recordings that I simply titled '1980'. It's kinda like what I envisioned a true solo album from him sounding like had he focused on a John-only release. You'll notice by the back cover that a little Photoshopping came into play in order to remove Yoko from the photo of John and her walking through Central Park that fateful Fall of 1980. This is probably my most enjoyable CD to drive to as it sounds so fresh and well produced.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

forthlin and Billy Budapest like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.