New Zooey Deschanel Fox Show "The New Girl" *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JRB, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I thought the whole relationship story line played out too quickly once they got together. I really don't want to tune in every week to see what's going on in the Nick and Jess relationship saga. Part of which will definitely include story line after story line of "pining for the other when the threat of a new romance arises"! It hasn't happened yet and I'm already bored of it. :)

2. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Big dip in viewership, too:
    Screen shot 2014-06-28 at 3.10.03 AM.jpg

3. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

Maybe they need to bring back Lizzy Caplan to help save the show.

4. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

She was good on there. So were Olivia Munn and Justin Long. I liked the string of love interests for Nick and Jess. And it was also funniest when the Schmidt/Cece relationship was going.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  5. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

I hate to say, but I kinda wish both of the Deschanel sisters would just go away. I liked both of them at first, but over time they have gotten more and more annoying (especially Zoey and her "Hipster than Thou" attitude, not to mention the equally annoying "Adorkable" schtick).

Ghostworld likes this.
  6. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

Totally agree. Both are hot though. Bones may be even more annoying than Zooey.

7. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Zooey is hot! Most hot women are annoying LOL :nyah:

Coricama likes this.
  8. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

The latest episode ("Background Check") was hilarious...:)

9. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

Glad to hear that. Since my local Fox affiliate dropped it for local election coverage, I haven't seen it yet.
    I DVR'd it, but got a half hour of local news. Guess I'll see it in reruns (or on Hulu).

10. tcj

tcj Senior Member

Same thing happened to us with Marry Me. It was available On Demand but we had to sit through commercials. Might check On Demand if you have it.

11. amoergosum

Another funny episode ("Teachers") !

I'm really surprised about season 4...I actually enjoyed every episode so far.
    Season 3 was so bad that I almost gave up on the show.

They really made the right decision >>>

Source:
    http://www.thewire.com/entertainmen...t-pushes-forward-with-mindy-and-danny/380302/

12. agentalbert

The stuff between Jess and the British teacher "Geausineaux" is pretty funny. The rest of the show, not so much. In this last one, we were supposed to take semi-seriously the idea that the metrosexual Schmidt doesn't know how to do laundry? Really? They should have just spent the whole episode at the teachers conference.

13. sfaxa

sfaxa Active Member

Just an awful show.

Atmospheric and Jerryb like this.
  14. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Yeah that made no sense. They explained why he doesn't know how but never said if he has everything dry cleaned or just throws out his clothes when they get dirty and buys new ones.

15. amoergosum

"Damon Wayans Jr. will once again leave New Girl at the end of season 4, EW has confirmed.

Wayans, who plays original roommate Coach, initially starred in the pilot for the Fox comedy, but had to exit due to his commitment to Happy Endings. When his ABC comedy got axed, the actor returned to New Girl in season 3 as a special guest star before being upped to series regular in season 4. Wayans will still appear in the remainder of the season, according to TVLine.com, which first reported the news.

“I’m so grateful to have had the opportunity to come back to New Girl in season 3 to reprise the role of Coach,” Wayans said in a statement. “Working with this incredibly talented and funny cast and crew has been one of the best experiences of my career.”

Added New Girl executive producer Liz Meriwether: “We love Damon and are so lucky to have had him return for the past season-and-a-half. We are working on crafting an exit for him that will leave the door open for many more returns, especially since Coach is our resolution to the upcoming ‘Who’s Jess’ Baby Daddy?’ storyline.” (She’s kidding… we think.)"

Source:
    www.ew.com/article/2015/02/05/damon-wayans-jr-exit-new-girl

16. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Yeah..two black dudes in the house was too much for the demographic.

17. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

I lost interest the last two seasons, but will check it out again once Meghan Rath joins the show.

18. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I dumped this show two years ago...

19. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I like it.

20. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I watched some "Wizard of Oz" movie with Zoey Deschanel. Until that moment I don't think I realized how untalented she was. It was painful...

audiomixer likes this.
  21. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

She was pretty good on "Weeds," but everything else I've seen her in makes me cringe. I think "The New Girl" is probably the worst television show I've ever tried to watch. (In fairness, the experience was so brutally painful that I had to change channels after just ten minutes of sampling one episode, so I may not have given the show a fair chance.)

Acting ability aside, I think she's a very talented singer and an impressive songwriter. Her voice now has a smooth, distinctive character that reminds me of Rosemary Clooney. (She tended to 'yelp' a bit on some of her earliest uptempo recordings.) She now employs a very appealing, straightforward, unadorned -- and non-autotuned -- style of singing that was common 30 years ago, but is almost unheard of today.

22. agentalbert

Zooey plays the part on her show perfect. I really lost interest in the show during the forced relationship with Nick, but it has recovered somewhat if not all the way

23. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

I don't recall Coach being in the pilot. Anyway, that's one character I won't miss.

24. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Zooey is not untalented. Watch her very first performance in the film "Mumford", she steals the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.