Record Store Day Black Friday, 11/28/2014

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

does anyone know if the exclusive Peter Murphy album will be released to US stores?

2. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Well-Known Member

Hey, thanks for that. I hope to post the video Sunday night/Monday morning. Thanks for the nice words about the website too. Since this is a RSD thread, I really think that online will be big for the indies. We're just beginning to figure it out.

I have conflicting info about it. It's a 5-track live EP, and is either a 10" or a 12."

Chris

Hawkman, celticbob and MrRom92 like this.
  3. mihu

mihu Forum Resident

4. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

Pretty sure it is the 10 inch he released earlier this year through pledge music. It is on light green vinyl.

5. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Is it me or does it seem like Jimi Hendrix's estate rerelease the same old stuff? Or too similar of releases?

6. ascot

ascot Senior Member

Does anyone know why the Elvis bootleg is described as "infamous"?

7. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

First time retail release. Available 5 minutes a decade ago. Fan club cd has been around 1012 years.

8. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

But weren't different versions of these songs just released?

9. #OneOccupation

#OneOccupation Well-Known Member

I dont think so- this was originally a brief Dagger Records release on vinyl and cd- the vinyl is impossible to get now- hopefully
    this release will rectify that. I believe it's an album of working instrumentals

10. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Maybe some titles look similar but they are completely unique music compared to boxsets or recent "Valleys of Neptune" or "People, Hell and Angels" comps.

"Ezy Ryder/Star Spangled Banner"
    "Jam 292" – 5:22
    "Message to Love" – 2:36
    "Valleys of Neptune (Guitar)" – 3:59

footlooseman and J_D__ like this.
  11. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Thanks for educating me:)

12. jhdave

jhdave Member

For some reason ours weren't listed on the "official" list this year. Not sure why, they were in early and done by the book. We always release brand new music on RSD. Try to stay away from unnecessary represses. For any punk/metal fans here are ours. Both limited to 500 total copies.

Sorry if this seems like spam post or anything. Was kinda bummed they weren't on the official list. The Krum Bums one will be a tough one to find, we don't even have personal copies of it. Every single last one was sent to stores. I'll be in line to buy a copy of our own record ;)

Krum Bums: "Smoke" 12" E.P

Artist Hometown: Austin, TX
    Key Markets: TX, CA, OK, NYC, Boston, ME, FL, Germany, U.K, Japan
    For Fans of: THE CASUALTIES, THE UNSEEN, TOXIC HOLOCAUST, LOWER CLASS BRATS
    KRUM BUMS are back! With its followup to 2010/11’s Cut The Noose. After finishing up its major label
    experiment, KRUM BUMS returned to their roots and back on independent territory. Formed in 2000,
    the band has seen it all, successfully touring Europe multiple times, playing every festival imaginable,
    an almost yearly staple at Punk Rock Bowling, tours of Japan, and countless miles covered in the U.S
    and Canada. Having graced covers from Alternative Press to Decibel magazine and everywhere in between,
    they come hard, fast, and heavier than ever with this 4-song 12” EP Smoke is destined to be the bands
    magnum opus. This Record Store Day “Back To Black” exclusive is limited to a strict 500 copies, with
    a special limited edition RSD only cover, RSD exclusive color vinyl and more. This version will never be
    seen again. The band is already planning and almost done writing for the full length follow-up (also on
    Jailhouse Records) to hit stores sometime in mid-late 2015.
    MARKETING POINTS:
    • Limited to 500, with Black Friday exclusive cover art and colored vinyl
    • KRUM BUMS is a proven top-seller within the punk genre.
    • KRUM BUMS is touring this album for most of late 2014 and all of 2015, headed to Japan, Europe,
    full tour of the states, with more worldwide dates coming soon
    • PR by Blackout

Panzerbastard/Tenebrae: "Sons Of Belial" 12" Split

INFORMATION:
    Artist Hometown: Boston, MA
    Key Markets: Boston, NYC, WI, ME, UK, Germany
    For Fans of: SLAPSHOT, MOTORHEAD, UNSEEN, ONLY LIVING WITNESS,
    DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR, CRYPTIC SLAUGHTER, AGNOSTIC FRONT
    Two of Boston’s finest come together for their long awaited (two years in the making) split 12” EP
    featuring some of the hardest material either band has ever done, and sporting a kick ass MOTORHEAD
    cover by PANZERBASTARD, and a GBH cover of “Drugs Party”. This record is a definite must-have for
    fans of the genre. PANZERBASTARD comes pissed off with thousand mile an hour ferocity, doing what
    they do best. Getting you pissed and ready to punch everyone in the face. TENEBRAE features current
    members of AGNOSTIC FRONT, SLAPSHOT, BLOOD FOR BLOOD, THE UNSEEN, RAMALLAH as well as
    a resume of Boston Hardcore bands that would make any fan drool in delight. Both bands come strong
    with songs about Satan, pagan ritualism, contempt for society, and general hate and vile spew, as only
    Boston can bring. Cut at 45rpm on 12” vinyl, this slab is LOUD!
    MARKETING POINTS:
    • Current members of AGNOSTIC FRONT, SLAPSHOT, BLOOD FOR BLOOD,
    RAMALLAH and THE UNSEEN
    • Upgraded heavy LP jackets with double-sided inserts
    • Limited to 520 copies
    • Publicity and press via Blackout PR

13. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

Does anyone know the story with the Del Shannon 'Further Adventures Of Charles Westover' release? It was originally mentioned for Black Friday RSD, but now I see it on BullMoose's site and other sites as a later release date in December. Amazon and BullMoose had the label listed and I checked their website and no mention at all of Del's LP being re-released. If it is coming out later, great. I won't have to fight with only 500 or 1000 copies that day to get it. Did it get pushed back?

ptijerm likes this.
  14. #OneOccupation

#OneOccupation Well-Known Member

15. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

I'm interested in knowing the status of this release as well...I notice Amazon.com have a listing for it. $27.98 with a release date of December 9th. http://amzn.com/B00OHMJK2Q

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  16. loki993

loki993 Forum Resident

17. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

18. jhdave

jhdave Member

Yeah I hear the message board over there is pretty rad

AZRunner and Bull Moose like this.
  19. One of the local shops said the other day the Warner Canada Black Friday RSD order forms now have the Neil Young box set crossed off, that it is not available. Hope it's still coming.

20. The original vinyl was released on Decca in the U.K., Europe, Australia and on London in the U.S. Canada, Japan and South America. Decca/London is with Universal now, but Universal and the former Polygram have been licensing out the Genesis album title to smaller labels for years. The new vinyl is being released by Varese Sarabande.

If it is the same as the April RSD, the Varese Sarabande will not be available here. I don't mind, as my original London LP is fine.

21. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

I already have this pressing and it is an interesting variation on the mastering. Worth getting IMO and I own an early UK Decca and a Japanese King.

22. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

US shops already have it in stock.

23. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Just had a Warner Press Release in my email this morning and Neil was listed.

24. Bull Moose

Hard to say. Obviously, if you're seeing it on another website, it's not a RSD title. Just a guess here, but I bet that they wanted to release it on Black Friday to take advantage of the RSD buzz and didn't get it done in time.

25. Bull Moose

That's what was done. All 25:49 are on side 3. I didn't have a copy to open, but they usually use Chris Bellman for these and press at RTI or QRP. If Bellman was involved, he probably did the best anybody could. I guess we all will know on Friday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.