Cinerama reopens on November 20th - Seattle

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mavisgold, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member Thread Starter

http://www.cinerama.com/

Seattle's most epic movie experience just got even more epic. When Cinerama reopens on November 20th for the premiere of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1, we'll also be debuting our cutting edge technology, brand new amenities and expanded concessions. These upgrades have made Cinerama a world-class theater with groundbreaking sight and sound offerings-because we want to provide nothing but the best for our fans!

SpeakerLabFan and SBurke like this.
  2. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Wish they'd picked something a little better to reopen with.

3. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Wish I lived closer..

4. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

5. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

You know how Tommy LaSorda "bleeds Dodger blue?" I bleed the Cinerama Theatre in Seattle. Nobody could ever love a building more than I love that one. That said, a Cinerama Theatre without a huge, curved screen is just of very minimal interest to me. New seats, new technology, new concessions, ATMOS sound -- that's all fine, but the reason d'etre (literally) for that theatre's construction and existence is a huge, immersive screen, which it no longer utilizes.

MMM likes this.
  6. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

If the purpose of the theater is to make a profit then I think they made the most intelligent movie choice of the year.

tkl7 and MLutthans like this.
  7. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I understand that, but it would have been nice to have a "classic" showing for one or two screenings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.