Tremors -- Movie Review*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by matthew5, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's a good mixture of creepy and funny. Loved the Bacon and Ward characters.

wavethatflag likes this.
  2. Skip Reynolds

Skip Reynolds Legend In His Own Mind

It's one of my favorite movies, for all the reasons already posted. A few years ago I loaned the DVD to a very close friend, with great enthusiasm; and was astonished by his reaction. He hated it.

Just goes to show that you never can tell. Or something.

3. Lownotes

Lownotes Senior Member

The scene with the shootout in the basement!!???

If that doesn't make you laugh, you have no pulse.

4. Skip Reynolds

Skip Reynolds Legend In His Own Mind

(Reba) "...just let it go, I know, he thinks he knows everything..."

stumpy likes this.
  5. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

It was released on DVD in March 2010... there were only 13 episodes, so the complete series is in one package. I actually just finished watching all the episodes the other day.... I really enjoyed the films, but man, the TV series is bloody awful. :thumbsdn:

6. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Let's see what that Elephant gun will do!

You go girl!! :D

Time to dig out the VHS copy.

7. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

When I was younger, I had a friend who used to refer to the worms as "tremors".... that used to bug the hell outta me, just like when people refer to the shark as "jaws"....

wavethatflag likes this.
  8. hellion

hellion Forum Resident

Probably a good move on his part, as it wasn't very good and kinda went off the rails after that

9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I have the Tremors Franchise Collection on DVD...still fun!

10. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Love the first one, a true classic.... one of the last great monster movies to be done entirely with practical effects before CGI came into the picture and ruined everything.

11. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

wavethatflag likes this.
  12. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

For those curious about the complete list of armaments used in this film, check it out:
    http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Tremors

Check this website out also for firearms from other films, even made up weapons from sci-fi movies.

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I liked the first one, too. It was both funny and scary, which is a tough tightrope to walk, and I think the performances were far better than I expected them to be.

Smart filmmakers know how to use practical effects and opticals and use them both to their best advantage. The two things that bother me about CGI are a) when they're not done very well, and b) when they're used to shoot something that could easily be shot in real life with actors and props.

music4life and GentleSenator like this.
  14. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

15. music4life

music4life Senior Member

16. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Just saw Tremors 5: Bloodlines last night.... it was watchable, but not great..... too much CGI, and the new design for the creatures just looked stupid.... the presence of Michael Gross ("Burt Gummer") is basically the only aspect of the film that makes it somewhat watchable.

17. JL7

JL7 Forum Resident

I think it's God disguised as Burt Gummer.

[​IMG]

18. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

When I was a kid, this was a movie I avoided because the preview looked stupid, so I ignored it. A few years later I saw it on TV for the first time, probably on HBO, and I thought it was great. I've seen it at least three times, but not in years.

19. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Apparently at the time Bacon was not enjoying the thought of making Tremors. He thought his career had just finished at that point.

I think his attitude to the movie has mellowed greatly over the years. I think he realises the amount of goodwill from fans it's generated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.