Pink Floyd - "U*N*I*T*E*D" EP?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TheLazenby, Nov 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam Thread Starter

Can anyone tell me about this CD?

http://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-United-Live-CD/release/2740264

It seems to have come out only in Japan - and I always doubt the 'unofficial release' label, because there are TONS of copies floating around. (Literally, eBay is overflowing with them.) Any idea why it didn't see a wider release?

2. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

It's a B*O*O*T*L*E*G

3. Ozric

Ozric Senior Member

Yup, defiantly looks like a B*O*O*T*L*E*G

4. TheLazenby

Well, I'll take your word for it...

But damn, that's gotta be the most widely distributed bootleg in history if that's the case.

5. Lost In The Flood

Lost In The Flood Feeding an invisible goat

That one even made it to a cd stall on a tiny one day a year village fair here in the South West of England.

6. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

Must be Live 8. That thing wasn't officially released was it? What's the rehearsal on this? Comfortably Numb? Sound quality any good?

7. Lost In The Flood

Lost In The Flood Feeding an invisible goat

could be a rip from the dvd - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-8-DVD-U2/dp/B000BGIAY6 - don't know if that has the full performance&/ or rehearsal footage & the amazon page/reviews aren't telling me (didn't even remember Live 8 had come out on dvd).

Discogs says "Track 5 includes interview statements by all four members, a full studio-runthrough of "Wish You Were Here" and some studio chatter. "

8. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

9. TheLazenby

To be fair, it could very well be an legit EMI product - just not an international release.

I mean, there are loads of oddball compilations and things that foreign branches of well-known labels put out. Some European branch of Universal put out Eminem's unreleased "Straight From The Lab" EP as a CD - obviously made from the horrid, glitchy MP3's that were leaked online, and with some bad amateur mixes as bonus tracks.

No, it wasn't Eminem approved, but it was still a commercial product and probably not a full-blown 'bootleg'.

EDIT: This one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_from_the_Lab

10. TheLazenby

Besides.... Pink Floyd's no stranger to bizarre, but legitimate, foreign releases. :)

[​IMG]

11. kippenhok

kippenhok Forum Resident

Suppose with a band that has global exposure like PF, we'd know about any obscure item that would be officially released.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  12. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

I have the same question about the "Threetles" disc. I mean it's even available on Amazon, so it must be legit. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

13. TheLazenby

Oh? Do you know about the version of "Great Dance Songs" that includes 'The Gunner's Dream'?

Exactly. :p

14. TheLazenby

Well, given that eBay is exploding with THOSE, too, you make a totally valid point...

15. kippenhok

kippenhok Forum Resident

This being a known variation of a common release just proves my point. But I'll admit to having a knowledge gap concerning brazilian pressings myself :)

16. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

But does Vernon Fitch know about it?

17. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

You can also read the description of the record on the Discog page: "Unofficial release" means "bootleg".

18. TheLazenby

I know it's a bootleg NOW (that I saw that "Threetles" one), but Discogs isn't infallible. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.