Bono bicycle accident: U2 singer undergoes 5 hours of surgery

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris R, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I thought this was taken after he told John he was attracted to Yoko.....

2. htom

htom Senior Member

As this particular accident happened on a path in Central Park I'd be inclined to suggest that a good start would be laws that applied to bicycle riders as much as those driving laws which apply to automobile drivers.

3. uncarvedbloke

uncarvedbloke Forum Resident

In the space of 15 minutes the other week I saw a man cycle along a pedestrian area onto a road - then lose control of his bike and go over the handlebars, luckily with no oncoming traffic. Followed by a cyclist knocking a 3 year old over in the same pedestrian area.

4. Aris

Aris Labor Omnia Vincit

I think your aim is "Whole Lotta Love", Dixon sued the band anyway.

5. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

I had a very similar fracture in my upper left arm and left shoulder after being hit by a car in Dec of 1990.
    It was a physical trauma and intense pain I'll never forget as long as I live.
    The physical therapy involved after my surgery was a full 3 month affair followed by outpatient therapy for a year.
    I was in the hospital for 3 months and in a wheelchair most of that time.
    I have never been physically the same since; ...and I was in my early 30's at the time which is much different for being in your 50's.

I know just how serious this is so if anyone is making jokes about this whole thing, please think again as nothing about it is funny in the least.

Gardo, KariK, Stone Turntable and 7 others like this.
  6. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I used to ride bike a lot as a teenager. Never wore a helmet. The one thing I never hit was my head. I still have scars up the right side of my rib cage from being run off the road into a row of mailboxes though.

Get well, Bono.

dkmonroe likes this.
  7. PHILLYQ

PHILLYQ Forum Resident

The problem in Central park is that there are cyclists who are speed demons, trying to go as fast as possible and not considerate of other cyclists, so this results possibly in Bono's accident and a woman was killed in September.

8. Speedy recovery Bono Vox! Hopefully there won't be any scars but plenty of material to write about.

Chris R likes this.
  9. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

If Gene Simmons ran into Lady Gaga on his bike, the forum would explode due to all the schadenfreude! :laugh:

Dudley Morris and sunspot42 like this.
  10. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I don't know, Bono injuring himself on a bicycle has been like Christmas, New Year's Eve, and their birthday rolled into one for the anti-U2 brigade. Not to mention the self-appointed cycling safety experts. This will be tough to top.

starduster and sunspot42 like this.
  11. That sucks. I remember when Mike D of Beastie Boys had a nasty bike spill in 2000. Tour cancelled. I had tix. Bummer. Anyway, the new album is a disappointment but their live show is still killer. Speedy recovery, dude.

12. redfloatboat

redfloatboat Forum Resident

c'mon, it doesn't matter if someone is 'mean spirited' about bono or any other famous person surely? i can't believe how so many are getting upset about people doing this!

these people aren't 'real.' we don't know them. they don't live down our street. they are not even distant relatives. don't be so precious over them.
    i'm sure no one really wants bono or anyone else to be in pain or sadness.
    i can feel empathy for others, however there are plenty of serious things to be offended about in the world at present.

zen and Stuart S like this.
  13. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

It doesn't matter because of the dignity of Bono or anyone other famous person, it matters because of what it says about the person who makes the vicious comments. Taking pleasure in the suffering of another is a very bad thing and I think it's entirely correct to call people on it.

If you see me do it, tell me. I don't want to be a vicious bastard, or be seen as one.

14. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

But you can bet he was wearing his trademark sunglasses. I always thought they were implanted into his skin.

15. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

David Cross had a bad spill on his bike in Vancouver several years ago.

16. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

We need a Bono Tracker app. I want to know if I'm about to get near or on a vehicle carrying Bono. I can't afford to take any unnecessary risks.

Dudley Morris and bferr1 like this.
  17. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

That's actually good humor there...

sunspot42 likes this.
  18. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

Nope, half the album at least. But back to our Bono feed.

19. HAmmer

HAmmer Forum Resident

First he loses his luggage at 35,000 feet and now this? :crazy:

20. SteveS1

SteveS1 Forum Resident

Dunno, this just struck me as a nasty accident. I can enjoy a laugh at people taking themselves too seriously or having their pomposity bubble burst. Like missing the steps on a chat show or slipping over at an awards ceremony - great stuff. But I don't think you have to be 'precious' to not find much cause for amusement here. I'm no fan of Bono's frequently ill judged comments, or his reported tax arrangements while imploring others to give cash. But I find little humour in this.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  21. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

You do know why he always wears sunglasses don't you?

22. The mere idea of Gene Simmons riding a bicycle has totally made my day. :)

Diamond Dog and sunspot42 like this.
  23. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

And bicycling during the day while wearing sunglasses isn't uncommon.

starduster likes this.
  24. Aris

Aris Labor Omnia Vincit

OK, they wrote at least half of the second album on the road.

25. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I'm pretty sure Bono is a real person.

sunspot42 and 905 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.