QRP releasing Beatles Red, Blue, Love, and 1 on 180g vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Billy Budapest, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinylman

vinylman Senior Member

The Japanese version did.

Bill likes this.
  2. jo234

jo234 Forum Resident

Well, sometimes strange stories are true...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (not the best pics anyway, sorry)

3. Bill

Bill Senior Member

How does it sound? Does it have the quality of the new analog mono records, but in stereo?

4. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

So should this new pressing contain the whispering version of "I Feel Fine"?

5. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

Acoustic Sounds mentions that when the original stock of Optimal pressings is exhausted then they will go to press
    Anticipated mid year

I have QRP pressings - they are great but head and sholders over another good plant?

6. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

Thanks for posting those photos. The bar code and corporate information aren't too obtrusive. Since we're getting the nice liner-notes insert and the heavier-gauge inner sleeves, and the discs themselves are pressed at what is arguably the best plant in the world, I'd say that the new versions are probably an overall improvement over the 1973 originals. I'm in!

7. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

The picture of the Apple label that was posted mimics the label color and font of the original US pressing, with the exception of the word stereo. Nice touch.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
    John Bliss likes this.
  8. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

It should.

9. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

Thank you, Jo!

10. ShallowMemory

ShallowMemory Classical Princess

That's it. We'd do things a bit different given some input to the process but it's acceptable and what's in the grooves is what really matters here.:thumbsup:

11. jo234

jo234 Forum Resident

I would say so. The LPs sound warm and yet very detailed (very good seperation of instruments - I think better than on the original), dynamic and transparent (try "Penny Lane" - even if it is a later stereo mix, it just sounds beautifully balanced here). But, as already said, I have to compare them in more detail.

You're welcome.

Jayseph, 24voltsdc and Alex Zabotkin like this.
  12. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Looks like a radical redesign of the inners with pictures or is that an additional insert? Just wish they laid of the glossy finish for the inners as it is a fingerprint magnet but why the much darker blue ink everywhere? Anyway it's the sound that counts. I'm wondering if the limited QRP version will be more authentic in presentation. Mine are in the post from Amazon - they have gone back to Royal Mail rather than white van man (where I live) in recent weeks.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  13. culabula

culabula Unread author.

At least it's not like that horrible cartoon Apple they had on the 90s digital repressing.

14. jo234

jo234 Forum Resident

It's an additional insert that resembles those of the 2010 CD versions (they came with an essay by Bill Flanagan). Apart from that, the inners are the same as before, only on glossy card board.

15. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

16. The Beave

17. The Beave

****. I killed another thread..................o_O

the beave

18. The Beave

That is correct Roland. Damn you guys get screwed buying stuff. You need to move to the USA. How bout if you bought them from Amazon.CA. Shipped here
    it's $90 usd or $30 usd each, which aint bad for a 2 lp set.
    But bloody hell, i've got like three copies of each of these already.......
    the beave

19. RingoStarr39

RingoStarr39 Forum Resident

Has anyone played their red album to see which mixes it uses?

20. Importing them means paying high shipping costs, 20 % VAT and customs duties. It's hardly ever a realistic alternative.

21. Classicrock

Received my Red and Blue albums today. Fantastic SQ. This gives an indication of how the stereo reissues should have sounded. I can safely say this is the best sounding Beatles Stereo I have heard. Packaging is really nice even if it deviates slightly from originals. What's a barcode if they sound this good. The red album is cut louder than the blue probably due to shorter running time. Both flawless pressings and on what feels like a lighter 140g vinyl.

22. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Does I Feel Fine have the few seconds of whispering before the intro or was it trimmed ?

23. Classicrock

To be honest I can't be certain without another listen as I wasn't looking for it (but probably), though it makes no difference to my enjoyment of the song.

24. Classicrock

Can confirm 'whispering' intro included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.