Poll : 'L.A. Woman' album by The Doors in your collection?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by AdamCalifornia, Nov 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JulesDassin

JulesDassin Forum Resident In Memoriam

all the Doors original 6 plus Absolutely Live + Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine
    I wish they would release the Doors 13 on cd then it would be just like it was 1971 again

2. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

L.A. Woman and a couple of comps... Those cover the Doors well enough for me.

3. Hippie Saint

Hippie Saint Well-Known Member

Just about anything released by the Doors, official and none official, except for any of those sacrilege remixes, URGHHH!

4. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

None, though I did have the first LP when it came out. Sold it long, long ago.

5. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

Everything released several times over, in nearly every format. The Greatest American Band!

6. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

Me to!

7. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

I have LA Woman, Morrison Hotel, Weird Scenes and the 80's Greatest Hits. I don't listen to any of them. I loved Absolutely Live when I was in high school but I can't find my original copy. I would buy that again. That would probably be all I need.

8. johnHS

johnHS Forum Resident

All the studio albums with Jim and a couple of compilations and a few live albums.

9. Moonbeam Skies

Moonbeam Skies Forum Resident

I have all of the 40th anniversary remix CDs, the two post-Morrison albums on a Russian twofer CD, An American Prayer on CD, the 1985 Best of the Doors double CD (which I bought to have the original mixes), and a vinyl copy of Alive She Cried. Finally, I have a 45 of Light My Fire/Love Me Two Times, to have the single edits.
    The Doors rock!

10. Elton

Elton I Hope Being Helpful, Will Make Me Look Cool

All of the DCC/AF disc of the Doors and the Orginial 2-cd Best of the Doors. All the Doors I want open.

11. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

I have all Jimbo studio albums, plus Absolutely Live and a couple Bright Midnight releases. And 13.

I picked up the DCC CD of L. A. Woman 10 years ago for all of $15. A great find, and the best I've heard this.

Before then, I had the old CD, which was fine enough. The 1999 remaster ain't so bad either, but that DCC....aw shucks.

Never had it on vinyl, and the remix sucks the big one.

12. John54

John54 Senior Member

Don't have it. I have a couple of LPs including the first on vinyl, and the 2-CD best-of box. My favourite songs are Touch Me and Alabama Song, which I'm led to believe is not highly regarded by the purists ...

13. Harvest Your Thoughts

Harvest Your Thoughts Forum Resident

Great band. I have a few albums too, but I feel they are a bit over-rated.

14. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

I have LA Woman, but only because it was a multi-channel version (DTS conversion of the original quad?)

15. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

Have you heard the original 5.1 DVD-A from 2000?

16. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

I only have the Perception Box.

17. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I voted "All studio albums and at least one live album by The Doors". While I have many live Doors CDs, I don't have everything that Bright Midnight released. Sadly, those titles are out of print.

As for L.A. Woman, I have many copies on CD, including this rarity:

[​IMG]

cakeface and reb like this.
  18. I voted for all officially released and recorded music by The Doors, but every time these polls come up and I answer with a similar vote, I'm sure there's some radio edit, early fade or something else out there that I'm not aware of (and don't have).

19. zbase

zbase Forum Resident

No music by The Doors at all

20. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

I'm confused. I have all the Morrison albums up through LA Woman and I have Absolutely Live - is that all Essential or all studio + at least one Live?

21. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

Own all studio albums. Love The Doors.
    L.A. Woman, own DVD-A & remixed CD

22. No OTHER VOICES? No FULL CIRCLE? Pfftt....

23. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

No AN AMERICAN PRAYER either. I know, I know...

Shawn likes this.
  24. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I got all the LPs (including the lives and the post-Jims), the remixed anniversary CDs (sold my cube, and prior to that I sold the non-remastered discs), creatively titled "box set", all the Bright Midnight releases except for Boot Yer Butt and that interview set. Didn't buy the recent LA Woman deluxe bizness, though. I think I have enough Doors now. Maybe even a little too much. Probably didn't need the last few "Bright Midnight" releases.

25. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

Only a greatest hits 2CD set. That's fine with me. I don't feel my life is incomplete.

Moonbeam Skies likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.