Look how Amazon delivered my Houses Of The Holy deluxe LP!!!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by moomaloo, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SergioRZ

SergioRZ Well-Known Member

Buying Vinyl from Amazon? :( Playing the returns loop game? :(

Some people / stores actually know what a vinyl record is ;)

I'm also using double walled and double density boxes, tested for impact and perforation, exclusively designed to ship vinyl safely:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rbp

rbp Forum Resident

Now that is the way to ship vinyl. :righton:

RiRiIII and SergioRZ like this.
  3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

That Sir, is a thing of beauty !!!!!!

RiRiIII and SergioRZ like this.
  4. Master_It_Right

Master_It_Right Forum Resident

I've stopped buying from Amazon completely because I am sick and tired of how they sit on my orders for three to four days for items that list as in stock. It's not that hard to get it out of the warehouse, stick it in a box and tell UPS it's ready for pickup.

I would much rather go down to Mad City Music Exchange and support local business. I figure if they don't have something in stock that I want, I can ask them to order it for me.

If I really want an MFSL or Audio Fidelity product, I would much rather order from them directly. When I bought Miles Davis Bitches Brew MFSL SACD, I believe MFSL shipped it out same day and I had it the following afternoon. Excellent service. They packaged it properly. Same with Audio Fidelity. Bought a disc from them and I think I had it in two days and they packaged it right.

I am wondering if Amazon just ships slow because they want you to upgrade to Prime. I'm just sick of being held hostage by their slow shipping.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    LordThanos1969 likes this.
  5. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

That is kickass.

SergioRZ likes this.
  6. Six String

Six String Senior Member

Some of your complaints are part of the reason I try to buy local when possible. Between the waiting and the risk for damaged goods and/or returning said item, the only reason to order on line is if it is rare or priced so low I can't ignore it.

7. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

Wow, at least someone cared enough to repackage it. I have not been pleased with the UK site's packaging recently.

8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Just got this from Amazon.com (US). Box isn't too dinged up, considering. Shrinkwrap is torn to hell. Another WTF? moment...

[​IMG]

9. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Awesome set...I got mine shipped last week (in a box!!!!) and haven't stopped listening to it.

10. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I am surprised it even got to him, the address is not on the shipping label. AMAZING, what are the odds? WTF?

11. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

Blame the hipsters!
    Just kidding.
    I wasn't surprised to see the OP's packaging problem.
    I've ordered lp's from the UK and received them in flimsy brown card sleeves as packaging.
    After a few of these, I would ask about the packaging.

"Oh yes, we'll package safely in cardboard."
    Apparently, in the UK they charge for volume, not just weight. Hence the cheap - or non-existant packaging.

I eventually sent packaging and sleeves to one UK eBay seller - only to have the total cost turn out to be several times of the price of the records.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  12. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.