"Batman" (Adam West TV show) on DVD Update

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John DeAngelis, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

This just appeared on tvshowsondvd.com - http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Batman-The-Complete-Television-Series/20506 . Thing that is sad......the "goodies" were worth only about $40, as per the difference in MSRP in Canada, $60 in the U. S.

misterclean likes this.
  2. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Not much of a savings. I don't feel too bad about getting the box.

3. I waited nearly 18 years from the debut of the DVD format to be able to get these episodes in authorized form...the sticker shock didn't deter me from going after the box set one iota...:p

jupiter8 and Myke like this.
  4. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Yes, not much of a savings now. I predict, however, that either one or both boxes will be heavily discounted after a while. Obviously the box with the added stuff will only be discounted if there are many copies sitting in a warehouse and they're not moving at full price. The streamlined box will almost assuredly drop drastically in price after a while since that's what typically happens with releases like this.

5. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Yes, not much of a savings now. I predict, however, that either one or both boxes will be heavily discounted after a while. Obviously the box with the added stuff will only be discounted if there are many copies sitting in a warehouse and they're not moving at full price. The streamlined box will almost assuredly drop drastically in price after a while since that's what typically happens with releases like this.

6. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

PhantomStranger and blue.monk like this.
  7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

" While Warners has done a fine job of restoring these episodes for an HD presentation (see our Video section below), this 'Complete' series set isn't as complete as fans would hope or as the studio boasts. One episode, Season 2's 'Marsha, Scheme of Diamonds', is missing the final, approximately 1-minute long, ending scene in which a cooking class is being taught at the Wayne School of Home Economics. As of this writing, Warner Bros. had not made an official statement about the missing scene, nor any plans for a replacement disc. It's also important to note that shortly after this set's release, a number of die-hard fans claimed that the narrator's voice-over was missing in the first scene of the pilot and a brief segment involving John Astin as the Riddler (in the Season 2 episode 'A Riddling Controversy') was also missing, but it seems confirmed now that both those 'missing' bits only appeared in syndication and/or bootleg cuts of the episodes, and were not present in the original ABC airings. "

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/12904/batmanthecompletetelevisionseries1966.html

8. Myke

Just finished Season 2 btw.

9. RockWizard

Patiently waiting for the smoke to clear. Who knows, the price falls enough, might be able to snag a deluxe edition after all. Of course, plugging that cut scene back in Marsha would be nice.

10. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Oh No !!! Holy OCD !!!
    I can't believe people are actually upset about this. This seems about as minor as can be to me.

11. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

John Astin as the Riddler. Was Gorshin filming Star Trek at the time? And apparently the Joker wasn't the only one not shaving off his 'stache.

12. No, he demanded more money at the time than the producers were willing to pay.

13. Myke

" Cool it Ringo " - Bruce Wayne to his youthful ward, Dick Grayson, upon his trying to hear while answering a ringing phone. ( Season 3 / episode 11 )

There you go Beatle / Batman geeks.

14. woody

woody Forum Resident

Just saw Nate from the Peach Pit on 90210 ( Joe E. Tata aka Joey Tata) as one of Riddler's henchmen in season 1.

JimC likes this.
  15. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

really? minor? I can't imagine someone not being pissed that the box set isn't perfect for the price they are charging...

JimC likes this.
  16. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Then change the description on the back of the set to "Includes all 120 original broadcast episodes...except where it doesn't" for the repackage.

Jerry Horne and Michael like this.
  17. Myke

They were barely trying at the very end. Next-to-the last episode of the last season, has invisibility, and doubles of Egghead, Joker, Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman. When they decide to fight, they of course all become invisible. :rolleyes:
    They should've stopped after the second season. The last one is brutal.

18. Michael

EXACTLY! be honest instead of deceiving the customer...

19. Myke

One minute. This is hilarious. :biglaugh:

chacha likes this.
  20. People who expect perfection from ANY, much less MOST human endeavors are setting themselves up for a lifetime of chronic disappointment...:p
    BTW, I've had MY Batman blu-ray box set since the 11th and am having a blast with it, despite the complaints being aired in this thread...:winkgrin:

kevintomb, chacha and Myke like this.
  21. Myke

Mine is now stacked beneath The James Dean Collection, and Ben Hur Ultimate Collection. I'll watch it again, in 48 years.

:tiphat:

brew ziggins likes this.
  22. RockWizard

[QUOTE="Michael, post: 11422497, member: 186"EXACTLY! be honest instead of deceiving the customer...[/QUOTE]

When they say All 120 BROADCAST EPISODES, it should be EXACTLY that. The "Marsha" episode is NOT one of them, it is edited. Funny how it shows up in syndication cuts and not in the box. I know it's just a minute in length, but they should be honest in their description(s). We don't want perfect(that IS impossible), just all the content of the original episodes. Main reason why I never bit on Season 1 of Mister Ed. Eight syndication episodes? I can DVR that.

Jerry Horne and Michael like this.
  23. Michael

..nothing is perfect yes...all we want is complete episodes...I hope for great PQ but, as long as we get unedited episodes that's all I really care about. I agree on Mr. Ed...there are other edited prints that showed up in other TV show sets as well...I'm tired of this...we even got screwed out of a micro scene in an episode of Lost In Space...it was available in syndication and on the Columbia House VHS tapes.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  24. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

WRT Batman missing footage: if it doesn't involve Julie Newmar's derriere, I can live without it. If it does, well, then summon the outrage posse!

JimC and chacha like this.
  25. Just got a Facebook message from our host...he's received shipment of the swag blu-ray box set I sent him via Amazon...he's about to enjoy a Batman TV marathon with his wife Karla and the kids...:winkgrin:

crimpies and PhantomStranger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.