45 experts BOBBY FULLER FOUR "Let Her Dance" 45 on Liberty???

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

3. Steve Hoffman

Well, why?

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

5. Steve Hoffman

So it came AFTER the Mustang 45? Makes my head hurt.

6. Arkoffs

Arkoffs Remote member

Good discography here: http://bobbyfuller.wordpress.com/discography/originalsingles/

I'd guess after the first Mustang release they decided to license it to a company with better distro? Considering it re-appeared on Mustang a few months later I'd be surprised if the Liberty single ever made it past the promo stage. I've never seen one that wasn't a promo. I guess it's also possible that Mustang distributor Del-Fi may have objected to the Liberty release. I'll bet someone on here knows the story for sure.

7. Steve Hoffman

Both labels, same dude, Bob Keene. If he was still with us I'd call that boy up and ask him. We talked a lot about Bobby but I missed this weird oddity. Too late now.

8. Chuckee

Chuckee Forum Resident

They had both promo and regular releases that were sold on Popsike. One seller says it's different versions of the songs. Another odd twist is there was a copy sold on the Regency label.

9. Arkoffs

Arkoffs Remote member

Cool, I guess I never knew Mustang was a subsidiary of Del-Fi rather than a distro deal.

Also, regarding the Regency release mentioned just above - that's probably Canadian.

This is making me want to resume my search to find the Liberty single. heh.

10. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

From one of my jukeboxes, is this much later pressing, which was a far cheaper way for me to get this great Bobby Fuller Four song on 45 rpm...

Attached Files:

11. john hp

john hp Forum Resident

The story is told in the notes with the 1997 3CD set "Never to be Forgotten" - basically it appears that Liberty jumped the gun in pressing up the record; Bob Keane didn't sign the contract for the release and reissued the single as Mustang 3012 (it had originally been Mustang 3006) advising DJs that this was "official" single

12. Steve Hoffman

Same performance and mix on both labels, FWIW.

13. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I'm not familiar with this group, but I've always like the song after hearing it at the end of "The Fantastic Mr. Fox". Any suggestions on a good cd source for the song? The 3CD comp mentioned (Never To Be Forgotten) looks to be out of print and pricey. Would I be better off with one of the single disc Bobby Fuller Four comps (which one) or maybe just the Fantastic Mr. Fox soundtrack CD?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.