RAJ Master Collection DIY discs

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RAJ717, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christian42

christian42 Forum Resident

Again, nice! Now, if you'll just start doing this with Beach Boys albums as well... ;)

Billy Budapest and RAJ717 like this.
  2. How about "Message to Japanese Fans" from the two disc set? :) Totally unnecessary, I know!

There is an alternate mix of Party Party, different from the CD 3". I believe it is contained in the Put It There video.

RAJ717 likes this.
  3. There are three promo single remixes of Off the Ground:

Bob Clearmountain remix
    Keith Cohen remix
    Keith Cohen AC edit

Also, the Biker Like An Icon single has Things We Said Today, Midnight Special, and Biker Like an Icon (live). I assume you have slotted these into other discs in your series--I'm not sure if they are repetitive of other releases.

All are worth tracking down!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  4. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've done all the Beatles albums as well as every solo album by John, Paul, George, and Ringo but no Beach Boys. Well, actually I did create a 2-cd Beach Boys Greatest Hits compilation. Here it is for you. I enjoy this set every summer! It's a good collection for you to make for someone to help them appreciate the genius of the Boys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Billy Budapest likes this.
  5. RAJ717

I'll have to track down that alt mix of "Party Party". Is it drastically different?

6. RAJ717

Which of those are the single remix? Cohen or Clearmountain? I'll have to investigate those. Also, I have the Biker single tracks on other discs. "Things We Said Today" and "Midnight Special" are on my Unplugged disc and of course "Biker Like An Icon" live is on the Paul Is Live set.

7. RAJ717

Here's the Unplugged set with the unbroadcast songs as bonus tracks.

[​IMG]

Billy Budapest likes this.
  8. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

You do nice work Raj. Thanks for sharing your efforts!

RAJ717 likes this.
  9. The standard single is the regular LP mix, IIRC. The Bob Clearmountain and Keith Cohen remixes are "especially remixed for radio," while the Keith Cohen AC edit is "especially remixed for AC radio."

The Clearmountain remix sounds pretty much like the LP version, although somehow the background "la-la-la-la" vocals don't sound as cheesy. A good thing!

The Keith Cohen remixes have a different intro than the LP mix--the song starts out with a drum machine and the "la-la-la-la" vocal refrain and then cuts into the slide guitar.

At the time, I had heard all three remixes on the radio.

RAJ717 likes this.
  10. I remember that it is more raw and less produced than the more common one.

There are some other mix differences between songs on the Put It There video and the LP. I seem to remember that Rough Ride is a lot different.

Anyway, in case you are interested (or didn't tape it on VHS when it first aired on cable! :) ),

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paul-Mccartney-Put-There-DVD/dp/B0000DCXZ9

RAJ717 likes this.
  11. RAJ717

Another personal favorite of mine, the Run Devil Run disc with 2 bonus tracks. Crank it up and cruise!

[​IMG]

susyredstripe likes this.
  12. RAJ717

Notice that track 17 is listed by me as "Singalong Junk" instead of just plain old "Junk" as there is no singing on this Unplugged performance.

13. g.z.

g.z. Senior Member

:righton:Beautiful creations RAJ717!

RAJ717 likes this.
  14. RAJ717

Thanx. I hope they're useful in creating do-it-yourself compilations.

g.z. likes this.
  15. RAJ717

This was never much of a favorite album of mine save for a few tracks but some of the bonus tunes are worth tracking down.

[​IMG]

16. RAJ717

This is my compilation of Back In The U.S., the live album of the tour that supported Paul's Driving Rain CD. There's room for the 'Concert For NYC' tracks and the unique cuts from the 'Back In The World' live release.

[​IMG]

17. christian42

Doesn't "Maybe Baby" stick out like a sore thumb on this collection? To me it has a very discernible Jeff Lynne sound, unlike everything else here.

And if you include MB here, I'd consider putting "Partial to my Abracadabra" and "That's Alright Mama" here too. Then you have all those oldies covers on the same collection. Sure, it makes the Driving Rain bonus seem kinda paltry, but on the other hand that album doesn't deserve any better. :)

RAJ717 likes this.
  18. RAJ717

Great point! I just may take you up on that idea. If I pull those two tracks (Abracadabra and Mama) off my Driving Rain, it may make it possible to make Driving Rain a single disc and get all the oldies on one disc too (Run Devil Run). I didn't realize Partial To Your Abracadabra was an oldie though. Learn something new every day.

19. RAJ717

Chaos And Creation, the follow-up to Driving Rain. Lots of bonus tracks to hunt down though. I like the bonus tracks better than several of the album songs.

[​IMG]

20. jricc

jricc Senior Member

I'll say it again, these are cool collections RAJ717:righton:

RAJ717 likes this.
  21. RAJ717

Thanx. Oh, if only I were allowed to be in charge of Paul's Archive Collection releases...

jricc likes this.
  22. christian42

Weeeell... "Abracadabra" is from 1977 originally. But nowadays that's closer to the oldies, fifties songs than to contemporary stuff. (I mean, it's almost 40 years old, and the 50s stuff is only 60.) :)

RAJ717 likes this.
  23. RAJ717

Maybe I should just move "Maybe Baby" onto Driving Rain's bonus disc and let the Run Devil Run tracks stand on their own. I feel like an oldie now... ;-)

24. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

They'd fire you within a month because you work TOO FAST. Their "coming soon" schedule allows only 1 release date (of only 1 or 2 albums) per year. You're doing a dozen per week. They just wouldn't be able to handle such speed!!

;) Arnie

RAJ717 likes this.
  25. RAJ717

I remember being pleasantly surprised at this album (Memory Almost Full) as it came so soon after Chaos And Creation. I wasn't expecting much, but I immediately fell in love with it. Lots of bonus tracks that I had fun hunting down over the next few years after its release too.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.