Plastic inner sleeves.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Colocally, Nov 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I get them at a local collectibles shop called Funny Pages here downtown in The Loops. Give 'em a call, maybe he's got a contact in the Lower Mainland.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Funny-Pages/168761379808176

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/cat/music-supply/paper-record-sleeves-33-rpm-album-rounded-corners

2. NotebookWriter

NotebookWriter Forum Resident

Thanks for that. It's been a while since I looked, so I need to try again. I know it's easy to find them online, but I found the shipping to be quite expensive. Nice that you can get them in Kamloops.

3. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys Thread Starter

That's what puts me off getting them online, I will have to look in the two record stores on West Hastings when I am next downtown.

4. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

I agree but I replace either of them.

5. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

Yes, those would be annoying. I have a similar problem with the Japanese sleeves with the round bottoms. Even the Mofis tend to crumble sometimes. This is why I started using the the Sleeve City sleeve I mentioned earlier on most of my vinyl nowadays.

6. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

7. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Those are nice. Where would one order some online?

8. Joshua277456

Joshua277456 Forum Resident

:yikes:

9. sgspanky

sgspanky New Member

i have a small music shop...processing lp's and seeing wrinkle marks on the lp's i can't clean the 'residue'. i don't know what else to call it. does not effect the sound out the lp. trying to grade the records in this condition is confusing me. there's no wear...scratches...so what do i do with something like this? have a client who is not happy with the grade i gave for an lp in this shape. does anyone have an idea how to address this? thanks!

10. SquaRoots

SquaRoots The North Star Grassman

I was quite happy to be able to wipe away wrinkle marks that apparently were caused by plastic innersleeves.
    I've used cloth and paper tissues, gently rubbing along with the grooves. It appeared to me that the grime was a very thin grease layer that could be picked up by the cloth and/or tissue.
    Like you said the marks did not seem to effect SQ. It's my experience that this cleaning method didn't either.
    The vinyl got to look a lot better, shinier.

11. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

I like the simple poly lined paper sleeves and just got some of the Diskeeper ones, paper laminated inside of poly, stiff enough not to crinkle up.
    [​IMG]

econalan likes this.
  12. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

When things started going downhill, this was replacing better paper sleeves. Soon after, we were often finding LPs with no inner sleeve at all...

13. vinylman

vinylman Senior Member

I order my polylined sleeves from Covers33 in the UK. Never had a problem with them. I've used them since the late '90s and have never seen any residue on the records.

14. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

I agree with replacing them. I always put a new outer sleeve on and slide the record (in a new inner sleeve) in between the back of the album and outer sleeve. It reduces scuffing.

15. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

I use sleevecity as well.
    I like to use there double poly-lined sleeves for the 2LP jackets that are non gatefold. Those come in super handy.

16. econalan

econalan Forum Resident

Yes, I just got these in for the first time, and they are excellent. For me, definitely an improvement over the MFSL inner sleeves.

Slick Willie and Colocally like this.
  17. sgspanky

sgspanky New Member

great advice everyone...BUT is there anyway to clean up the wrinkles left on the LP's...not having any luck with cleaning products that i have been using...any suggestions or this a lost cause?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.