Neil Young Official Release Series 5-8

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fourfeathers, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    My post was about the Trans cd master.[/QUOTE]
    Oh:)

2. mycroft

mycroft Forum Resident

3. popmat

popmat Forum Resident

still too expensive! The new Springsteen vinyl set is 140 Euro at the same site and 8 LP. These Neil records should be no more than $30 each. I bought each of the first set for $30........business model to limit the supply and increase the demand! and sadly us record buyers will fall for it....most of the time....

Carserguev and dirtymac like this.
  4. JoelWat

JoelWat Forum Resident

154 EURO's at Amazon.it

5. getting more and more tempting but due the same day as volume 2 of the Paramount Records box. Dont know if I want that double hit before Christmas.
    Wish they were getting individual releases as there's really only Tonight's the Night and Zuma that I need as I just have later EU reissues of both those.

6. I had my local store try to get it for me for RSD (Ontario) and they told me it is about $160.00 Canadian for them.

7. mycroft

mycroft Forum Resident

My copy from jpc.de arrived today. Typo on sticker (Times Fades Away), TTN not properly glued although thanks to glue residue, I was able to press it together.

When I bought vol. 1-4 from becausesoundmatters.com, I paid $150, $22 shipping and approx. $50 VAT, so I consider 160 Euro a comparatively reasonable price.

I highly doubt this is a bootleg. If so, it is the most well produced I have ever seen. Same high quality as vol. 1-4. Textured covers on TFA, TTN and Zuma.

8. edgwareman

edgwareman Forum Resident

I tried that and it came apart again. I had to apply my own glue for it to stick properly. Definitely not a bootleg either.

9. Picture of the RSD release from Reddit - with the Time Fades Away spelling error fixed.

[​IMG]

DmitriKaramazov and Jack like this.
  10. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

because spelling matters

izgoblin, stef1205, jgrillo and 2 others like this.
  11. edgwareman

edgwareman Forum Resident

But not the correct spelling of premier!

jamesmaya likes this.
  12. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

I want this so much !

13. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

:doh:

14. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

Premiere is the correct spelling too, they're interchangeable, and actually, "premiere" is more closely linked to French, where it comes from.

Cracklebarrel and JoeRockhead like this.
  15. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

These box sets are numbered like the first one as well. Though out of 1013 is an odd number, the RSD website says they are making 3500.

16. TonyACT

TonyACT Boxed-in!

So what made Neil change his mind about Time Fades Away, assuming he did?

17. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

So the second batch is numbered????

18. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

Where's the CD version. :cussing:

LandHorses, crozcat, JoeF. and 3 others like this.
  19. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Right. I gave up vinyl years ago, and I have neither the space, the time, nor the resources to dive back in....when will the CD version be released?

20. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

I want the Blu-ray versions along with the first 4.

chumlie and MarkO like this.
  21. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

What's is the source for TFA?. I assume that it's impossible to find original analog tapes for it. Actually sticker says "from analog studio recordings", not the usual formula " from analog tapes".

22. TonyACT

TonyACT Boxed-in!

They used some sort of cutting-edge (for the time) mixing system for the live shows which led to some pretty marginal sound and an inability to remix (from my hazy memory). I did see Neil say he was considering a new version with other sources but I'm not sure if this is it? I just hope to see it get a CD release some day soon after all the online petitions and whatnot.

23. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

I
    If I interpret correctly Phil Brown, the mastering engineer, they made dolby stereo tapes, while they were cutting discs, for file and tape duping purposes. These copies were used for the international release. I assume that the new vinyl and the HDCD come from these dolby stereo copies. I don't know if they had remixed something from the original 16 tracks for the HDCD project.

24. The record store employee who posted the above picture on Reddit said their box wasn't numbered (unless there's some kind of numbering inside the package).

25. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Probably did not have another barn that needed roofing.

TonyACT likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.