POLL : Todd Rundgren - Pick Up To 6 Of Your Favorite Albums

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jsayers, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

If you are going to do that, I would also include the Nazz albums in that poll. They should go somewhere.

linclink likes this.
  2. Good call, that would bring it up to 12-14 albums, so a top 3, or 4 from that...making a top 9, or 10 total to choose a top three from for a final poll?

3. Jeff SSM

Jeff SSM Forum Resident

Tough for me to narrow it down to six, but here goes:

1. AWATS
    2. Todd
    3. Healing
    4. Initiation
    5. Nearly Human
    6. The I

I remeber seeing the video for Time Heals on MTV back during the early days of the channel and was blown away. Been a Todd fan ever since.

4. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Stock answer from the less-informed, but all else pales in comparison to Something/Anything? - but I voted for A Wizard and Todd as well.

5. pekkahe

pekkahe Forum Resident

Something/Anything?
    A Wizard, A True Star
    Todd
    Hermit Of Mink Hollow
    Healing

Pekka

6. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting.... Thread Starter

Cool - someone voted for "One Long Year". There really are some good songs on there - plus there's what sounds like an out-take from "With A Twist", or at least done in that style, "Love Of The Common Man".
    Personally, I'd love to hear another album done in that style. :cool:

7. peteneatneat

peteneatneat Forum Resident

I only have one Todd related CD, and that's "Deface The Music" by Utopia - a Beatles pastiche album similar to the Rutles. I don't think I've ever read a discussion about this album anywhere.

8. fallbreaks

fallbreaks Forum Resident

Man, I couldn't even name six Todd Rundgren albums, but I'm glad to be part of a community with people who can not only name six, but choose a top six out of all those records. Looking forward to the results - maybe I'll expand my TR collection beyond the few records I own!

Mother likes this.
  9. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Great thread !
    Utopia's pretty underrated.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  10. alexpop

First 4.
    Faithful
    Healing.

11. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

For some reason, I never had the album "Todd." Based on the responses, it looks like I need to get this one.

12. alexpop

The poster enclosed inside Todd must be very special to fans who have their name on it.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  13. majoyenrac

majoyenrac Forum Resident

Top 6:
    1- awats
    2- liars (very very underrated)
    3- something/ anything
    4- runt ballad of tr
    5- runt
    6- ever popular...(very underrated)

14. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

I only have the one, Something Anything, but I love it.

15. alexpop

MFSL S/A Gold CD is the one to get. Goosebumps good.

16. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

I've been a huge Todd fan since I was practically a kid, but some of my favorite of his albums are his latest works. Liars is up there with anything he has ever done. I know many don't like the production style, but I enjoy it.

17. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting.... Thread Starter

I love Liars as well and have championed it here on the forum more than once. I also love the dvd-audio surround mix very much - my favorite way to listen to Liars, actually.

18. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

No one mentioned "Arena" although it received 4 votes...listening to it now on Tidal (on track 3 as I'm writing this). So far it sounds pretty damn good, reminding me of some lost late 70's music. I read today that he recorded the album on a Mac laptop at home. Any fans of "Arena"?

19. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

He lives in Hawaii - beautiful, but the salt air is murder on computer components. So when he got ready to record an album, he tried firing up his ProTools Mac and it wasn't working. But his laptop worked, so he decided to see just how far he could get on the laptop - and wound up doing the entire album. As far as I know, Liars, Arena and Todd Rundgren's Johnson were done in this way, on a laptop with Riffworks, Reason, Audacity and a USB AKG microphone.

RickH likes this.
  20. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

Faithful is a strong album. So much variety and interesting accessible experiments. Side two shines: Love of the Common Man, Cliche, Verb to Love, all of them. Amazing best ever Todd. On vinyl no less.

SomethingAnything
    Todd
    Ballad
    A Wizard
    Tortured Artist Effect

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.